FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MandiMei

Unhappy with my rogue. What now?

So I'm very curious.... 
Am I the only person that's extremely bummed out about their rogue? Now to be fair, I haven't played WoW since BC. And I had a combat rogue. I'm now back to playing, and chose Subtlety, for whatever reason.. 
I just can't stand it. I tried outlaw as well, and it's just very boring, I'm sooo incredibly bummed I wasted my free 100 character boost on a rogue I can't stand to play. Maybe it's just me. I feel stressed out smashing buttons furiously trying to keep up with dps.
So I guess I'll have to start over, which is a drag because I HATE leveling, nor do I have the time for it, but I'm just so unhappy with my rogue. Anyone able to suggest a specific class, out of all the healers, that I might enjoy? I've always enjoyed healing, because I'm a bit more passive, and it's more enjoyable to me. I was thinking holy pally or priest? Thoughts?
(Also before anyone suggests it, yes I know I could buy a character boost for $60, but honestly money is really tight for me right now, I'm back in school this semester, and can barely afford my wow subscription, let alone a $60 character boost, doh!)

I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy the class so much but frankly, how we can suggest anything not knowing your playstyle, game preferences, activities you do in game, etc. Especially that you didn't play since BC - the game changed drastically through the years.

The only thing I would suggest is to use free class trial that is available before lvl 100 boost but I remember you said you already boosted a rogue.

If you are not going to buy a new boost, there are not much choices: DK or a DH for less leveling, or leveling with heirlooms. Try to go through 'Invite a friend' threads on the official or wowhead forum for a x3 XP boost - it will make things easier, you will be able to level very fast, not alone and try a lot of classes in a short time.

PS: I'm a long time healer and pretty much sure that healing is not passive at all but the opposite, it's a role (if you are a good healer) that makes you learn every second of every fight, plan in advance for any possible situation and change you plans in a sec if a situation changes. And you do need a fast reactions, especially in PvP healing :)

I don't mean to sound grievously rude, but if you 1) haven't played since BC; 2) went Sub first before going outlaw and 3) expected it to play exactly the same as 2006 Combat... not really sure what to tell you.  Shame that you aren't digging it though.

Mandi,

So if you want to heal.  
Choices:  Druid, Shaman, Monk, Pally, Priest

I played a Priest in Vanilla.  I liked healing.

I didn't heal in Legion with a priest, I mainly healed with a Druid. I enjoyed that.  

Druid, Pally and Monk - You can Heal, Tank or DPS.

Shaman and Priest you can heal or DPS.

Druid is more sit back and heal.  You constantly have to put dots up so your Tank doesn't go down. 
I like healing on the Pally / Priest for a bit.  But it was more take damage then heal. 
Never healed on a Monk.

Druid can go catform and act like a rouge. lol

On 9/29/2016 at 0:18 PM, MandiMei said:

I've always enjoyed healing, because I'm a bit more passive, and it's more enjoyable to me. I was thinking holy pally or priest? 

Both are in a pretty good spot. The people I know that play either are very happy with their class currently, so basically just take your pick!