FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elfun

Outlaw low damage in pve

So I did a raid yday and my dps was beyond horrible, it was the lowest of everybody on every boss. My ilvl is 853.

I'm kinda new to pve though, but I must know what is going wrong else I can't improve.

Here is a log: 

14c7b5z.jpg

As you can see all 3 rogues have outlaw spec, the highest dps was 310k , the second 265k and me 150k, a huge differense. It was around the same on every boss.

What I don't understand is that the 310k dps rogue run through damage is so increadibly high damage compared to mine.

What am I doing horribly wrong? is just potion of old war I'm not using?

I just open with MFD before pull and RtB, then I ambush, ghost strike, saberslash, pistol shot, RtB again if I have bad buffs or else RT. Then I use artifact during heroism and spam saberslash - RT if no heroism I use artifact combined with AR.

2 hours ago, Elfun said:

So I did a raid yday and my dps was beyond horrible, it was the lowest of everybody on every boss. My ilvl is 853.

I'm kinda new to pve though, but I must know what is going wrong else I can't improve.

Here is a log: 

14c7b5z.jpg

As you can see all 3 rogues have outlaw spec, the highest dps was 310k , the second 265k and me 150k, a huge differense. It was around the same on every boss.

What I don't understand is that the 310k dps rogue run through damage is so increadibly high damage compared to mine.

What am I doing horribly wrong? is just potion of old war I'm not using?

I just open with MFD before pull and RtB, then I ambush, ghost strike, saberslash, pistol shot, RtB again if I have bad buffs or else RT. Then I use artifact during heroism and spam saberslash - RT if no heroism I use artifact combined with AR.

That picture shows nothing of any real value, if you can show Combat Logs we can have a look at it and help you out

I'm affraid I don't...

Obviously I stopped raiding now, I don't want to feel boosted. 

I just can't figure out the problem

MfD, RtB 2 sec before pull, Ambush, Ghoststrike, Saberslash, Pistol shot - RtB again if 1 or bad buffs else RT, then Artifact + AR and then saberslash- RT spam, AR only if no Heroism ofc after that I continue to my normal rotation and use Vanish - Ambush- Ghoststrike on CD.

I don't see any huge mistakes in my rotation... yet the other rogues managed to do twice my damage.  I'm using the same talents as the other rogues.

It makes me really angry 

Edited by Elfun

2 hours ago, Elfun said:

I'm affraid I don't...

Obviously I stopped raiding now, I don't want to feel boosted. 

I just can't figure out the problem

MfD, RtB 2 sec before pull, Ambush, Ghoststrike, Saberslash, Pistol shot - RtB again if 1 or bad buffs else RT, then Artifact + AR and then saberslash- RT spam, AR only if no Heroism ofc after that I continue to my normal rotation and use Vanish - Ambush- Ghoststrike on CD.

I don't see any huge mistakes in my rotation... yet the other rogues managed to do twice my damage.  I'm using the same talents as the other rogues.

It makes me really angry 

It literally could just be that they rolled better than you every single time. That's kind of the downside to playing Outlaw.

If you can provide any Logs at all, even by jumping into a group finder or LFR, I can help you out by looking at things such as Ghostly Strike uptime, RtB uptime, which RtB buffs you rolled, cooldown use, resource management, etc. Without them though, I can't see any of that information, and I can do nothing to help you out

1 hour ago, Ninjacoll said:

Im having the same problem mate

Same goes for you. If you can show logs and post them on the forums here I can help you improve, but without that my hands are tied

53 minutes ago, Carrn said:

It literally could just be that they rolled better than you every single time. That's kind of the downside to playing Outlaw.

If you can provide any Logs at all, even by jumping into a group finder or LFR, I can help you out by looking at things such as Ghostly Strike uptime, RtB uptime, which RtB buffs you rolled, cooldown use, resource management, etc. Without them though, I can't see any of that information, and I can do nothing to help you out

Same goes for you. If you can show logs and post them on the forums here I can help you improve, but without that my hands are tied

How can I make such a log?

2 minutes ago, Elfun said:

How can I make such a log?

Head to Warcraft Logs

You'll need to make an account, and they should have an FAQ section that explains how to get everything set up

2 hours ago, Carrn said:

Ok I will make a log tomorrow or Saturday when I'm gonna do some raid finder bosses.

I have the same issue. During prepatch me and the other rogue in my guild we usually within 5k dps of each other. Now, in normal EN and mythics he consistently pulls 40-60k more dps than me except on trash pulls. 

we use the same rotation/build/talents/ and are both around the 850 ilevel mark. 

I'm not sure what his relics are.. im using 2 fortune strikes and 1 fortune's strike, (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw2J-dIBAhXiJXW2Da4mLe0r1e9cVvEBXdpC7NRNu7A/edit#gid=1314953135)

Some wowlogs show  him casting way more run throughs than me, not sure how much of that is due to bad rolls or poor combo point management on my part... but again, we were neck and neck in wod pre-patch so idk why all the sudden i cant seem to compete. 

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the game (3 month on Wow). And since Legion I play outlaw.
Unfortunately, my DPS is very low (150k most of the time, sometimes 200k on a quick and easy donjon boss with a good roll the bones).

Here is my log for HM Nyntendra last Night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KcHmVznraYgD6P8N#type=damage-done&source=6

Can someone help me to improve my dps ?

I know that one of my biggest mistakes last night was to stop attacking the boss during the transition to p2 (I was too focus on surving but I fixed it during the next transition). But it can't explain my weak DPS on almost all bosses in Legion. Any advise ?

Thanks a lot for help.

ps: sorry, I know I don't speak English very well.

22 hours ago, Davix said:

Hello,

Unfortunately, my DPS is very low (150k most of the time, sometimes 200k on a quick and easy donjon boss with a good roll the bones).

I know that one of my biggest mistakes last night was to stop attacking the boss during the transition to p2 (I was too focus on surving but I fixed it during the next transition). But it can't explain my weak DPS on almost all bosses in Legion. Any advise ?

Thanks a lot for help.

I dont know a lot with outlaw but Ghostly strike uptime is too low, keep it at 100% or 99, 98%

23 hours ago, Davix said:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for help.

No Vanish usage, and 80% uptime on Ghostly Strike, gotta improve on those.

You also used Adrenaline Rush and artifact together during BL. I advise to avoid using Adrenaline Rush during BL periods because you tend to waste a lot of energy. If you can keep up the spam, alright, else use artifact alone during BL. Pop Adrenaline only if you're struggling to pull off hits during that (shouldn't happen).