FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mizumi

WW Monk looking for improvement advice

Hello all,

I'm playing a Windwalker monk, and while my dps is decent, I really want to maximize my character's potential as best I can during 10 man raiding.

Link to recent ToT 10m world of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/atcy4hpsd0r4ijvr/

My character name is Mizumi in the above logs and here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Mizumi/simple

I use the prescribed rotations I've found here on icyveins and other monk resources.

Any advice? Thanks.

I'm not a WW main spec. I know VERY basic WW rotation and can somewhat execute it in a raid. Though, I'm probably not the best person to help you with this.

What I CAN do is give you advice. If you feel your reforging if correct and want to optimize more, the best thing you can do is look at your rotation. Find what other monks are doing, comb through the logs of top DPS'ers and see what they are doing in their rotation. Look at their spell usage and compare using CompareBot to see how they do it differently from you.

If there is any other WW monk that can help this person more than I could, please feel free comment.

I'm not a WW main spec. I know VERY basic WW rotation and can somewhat execute it in a raid. Though, I'm probably not the best person to help you with this.

What I CAN do is give you advice. If you feel your reforging if correct and want to optimize more, the best thing you can do is look at your rotation. Find what other monks are doing, comb through the logs of top DPS'ers and see what they are doing in their rotation. Look at their spell usage and compare using CompareBot to see how they do it differently from you.

If there is any other WW monk that can help this person more than I could, please feel free comment.

Thanks. I just used CompareBot to compare my latest parse vs the top monk on the first boss, and other than more uses of TigerEye Brew (due to 4pc bonus procs which I don't have yet), my use of abilities per minute etc seems to mirror really closely. So, I don't think my rotation is particularly off. I also don't have Rune of Reoriginiation yet, so I haven't reforged into Mastery. When I did try reforging for some mastery, I noticed my dps numbers dropped by 10-20k on a raid test dummy, so I converted them back and am waiting until I can obtain that trinket.

I currently reforged to around 6500'ish haste, then put as much into Crit as I could, followed by Mastery until I can get the Rune of Reorigination. My hit and expertise are at or just over 7.5% each. I have a couple of agil/stamina gems because agil/hit would have been a waste above the 7.5% and I was just shy of the 500k health mark desired for Lei Shen (so much hit naturally on gear, ugh).

For rotation, I'm using Xuen and FSK on cooldown. Energizing Brew almost at cooldown (though only if below half energy). Fists of Fury on cooldown if low on energy/can stand still for a few seconds. TigerEye Brew at 10 stacks (sometimes I let it build just over 10 if we're currently in a heavy-movement part of the fight or need to do burst in a few seconds). Tiger Palm to keep up the buff as close to 100% as I can. Jab/Expel Harm (below 90% health) if I need chi. Combo Breakers when they proc. And Chi Wave/Blackout Kick as filler in the rotation. I'm also an alchemist, so I try to time my Lifeblood haste buff when I need more dps burst. I make use of Touch of Karma, Diffuse Magic, Fortifying Brew, and Zen Meditation as needed to help with survivability/heavy damage moments in fights to assist healing.

Thanks for any help from any that can.

Edited by mizumi

To my untrained eye at least it looks like your doing fine stats seem correct and rotation seems correct. It's all about perfecting your rotation and doing any little thing you can to max now.

• Like 1