FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yohshidogg

Stats

I'm new here yes. I've looked around granted not everywhere but I have a question, I am using an addon called "Pawn", Now I don't  know anything about simcrafting or sorting out stats because I just use this site for anything I may need help with or lead my friends here if they need assistance as well. now the reason for the post is I had been wondering for sometime now how to get into sim crafting for myself and possibly helping others, so I was thinking about asking on here if there is a site that can teach me how to do this ya know, show me the way type stuff. I don't know if this is the right way to go about it or the right form to ask on but I want to better my warlock and I trust this site so I figured this might be the best start for me. lol.. So any Direction or Help would be wonderful, Thanks for you time and future assistance. <3

Welcome. There are probably a lot of good guides about though I cannot recommend one as I pretty much taught myself. So either find a decent looking one or just play around with it. You are unlikely to do any harm and there is a reset all button if you go too wrong. Until you get the hang of it the stats over the guides look fine to me.  

that's about what I was thinking and exactly what i've been doing and things are working out ok so far i would like to think, now I do however have one more question that I think I know the answer to but I just wanted a second opinion on and as is follows, I had an 840 neck with Mastery and haste on it, then I looted another but this is a 860 with crit and mastery, at first I wanted just trade out the 840 for the 860 but I ended up just keeping the 840 because I didn't need or want crit. So did I do the right thing or should I always use the higher item level equipment...? 

• Thanks 1

Yohshidogg, 

What spec(s) do you play? Though actually that does really matter but it allows me to tailor my answer a little more.

Personally I would probably have gone for the 860 but I use an addon called Pawn that does the maths for me. The reason for my decision is that most of the time stats are quite close so more of the weaker stats on the 860 can outweigh the lesser stronger ones. However, not always hence the use of the addon which with your own stat weights put in can determine the strength of the gear. Necks are a little odder though because they don't have our primary stat on them anymore which a lot of the time beats anything else.  

Also be aware that stat values can change with gear. The more haste you get for example can devalue it. So for Destro I was up to about 32% haste so casting lots of spells but they hit for barely anything. Now I have dropped some haste and it seems to be going better. So sometimes a balance can be a better thing than pure stacking. 

Oh and while simming does have its benefits remember that it does have some negatives and very much depends on fight type. There are a few that you can use in the program but they can give wildly different stat results. As an example I've had haste go from 0.70ish to 1.1 so you have to take into account what types of boss fight(s) you will be doing and perhaps take an average.