FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
wsaedmd

Most stable rogue spec in the long run

Hi all, sorry for the confusing title. I wanted to ask what you guys think is, at the moment, the "safest" spec on which to focus for a raiding rogue. What I mean by that is what spec seems less likely to be nerfed or outclassed by the other two. A safe bet where to dump AP, in other words. I'm about to start a rogue as soon as I finish gearing my mage, and I was curious about this.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Sub tends to grow pretty well late expac, and Poison Sin seem to be following. Otl is what is, it's the AoE king no matter what.

In resume, all three are competitive right now. As other people suggest, you should have Otl as one of your specs and Sub/Sin as the other. You can safely put them up to 1st gold trait, won't be a loss.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answer! Yeah I suspected Outlaw would stay undefeated aoe-wise. Still, if you had to suggest a spec to main for EN and what we know about Nighthold, what would you say?

8 minutes ago, wsaedmd said:

Thanks for your answer! Yeah I suspected Outlaw would stay undefeated aoe-wise. Still, if you had to suggest a spec to main for EN and what we know about Nighthold, what would you say?

I would say Sub, but I'm a fanboy

Even without bias, I think Sub is the way to go. This is mostly because Sub's toolkit is more suited to more situations, and should be viable on every fight. Sin is strong, absolutely, but in my opinion is too situational 

• Like 2

Cool, I really like the idea! Alright, I think I might go that way. For a Sub rogue a Forsaken seems like the only logical choice. Racials be damned

29 minutes ago, wsaedmd said:

Cool, I really like the idea! Alright, I think I might go that way. For a Sub rogue a Forsaken seems like the only logical choice. Racials be damned

YESS. Come to the Dark Side!

My main has been an Undead Rogue since Vanilla :D 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wsaedmd said:

Ohoh cool! Well they're just the coolest for a rogue, I might have considered other races just for a pirate. Any chance you play on EU?

I do now haha. Just moved

18 hours ago, lipsinch said:

In fact, Blood Elf is really good looking race to fit the Rogue clothing. And there's only 1 sex there - girls!

Fact: almost all the Rogue armour looks amazing on both BE guys and chicks