FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Corbuusier

Fury looking for advice

(aside from respeccing Arms. Fury4lyfe.)

Hi all,

I was a fairly hardcore raider back in BC and Wrath, and even wrote the Battle.net fury guide way back when. I quit after Wrath and just rejoined recently for Legion, and feel a bit lost. I know Fury is in the gutter right now, but even so I feel like I'm missing something. I've been using the guide on the site here, as a baseline.

Here's my log from last night's raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PGtvhHWzw3kbJMc9#type=damage-done&source=3

And my character sheet: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Corbuusier/advanced

Bear in mind that my gear is entry level raiding, I am working on getting enchants and pots and all that. What I need help with is rotation, cooldown usage, etc. and anything I might have missed.

Thanks!

Edit: I found a good parse to compare: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/PGtvhHWzw3kbJMc9/Wq4JR639mdCtTFvn#fight=2,9&source=3,Aramîs&type=damage-done

1. It helps to not die...2. he kept DPSing while soaking charges. 3. I realize I've probably been using BT whenever it's up, regardless of whether I'm already enraged or not.

Edited by Corbuusier
  • Like 1

From what i can see your hitting fair numbers of casts of rampages, raging blows and blood thirsts. What you need to improve on is cooldown usage. Your main cds being Avatar (90 sec), Dragon's Roar (25 sec), -Battle Cry (60[50 if artifact talented] sec) and Odyn's Fury (45 sec). Although these don't line up perfectly the can be lined up quite nicely with a few secs delay on them.

The pull should go as such:

1. Prepot before pull

2. Charge 

3. Dragon's roar

4. When your gcd has finished you pop Battle Cry, Avater and then Blood Thirst (this gives you a guaranteed crit to get enraged)

5. Odyn's Fury

6. Raging Blow

7. Rampage as soon as possible to fit it in while your cds are up

Now all of our cds are on cooldown, 25 secs down the road our Dragon's Roar will be up. We have pooled enough rage to rampage prior to Dragon's Roar becoming available so we can instantly pop Dragon's Roar then Rampage and Raging Blow.

25 more secs down the road we have Dragon's Roar again. Battle Cry will also be off cd right now (if you have the artifact trait)[if you dont have it just hold on to these cds for the extra 10 secs to combo them together]. In addition we have also gotten Odyn's Fury off cooldown just a few secs prior and have sat on it waiting to line it up with Dragon's Roar and Battle Cry. We have pooled rage to rampage during this short burst window. Popping Dragon's Roar first then when your gcd is done Battle Cry, followed by Rampage, Odyn's Fury, Raging blow. 

25 secs later the next cd usage will Just be the lone Dragon's Roar followed by the Rampage we pooled and a raging blow.  note* Avater will have come off cds around 10 secs before this point we hold on to and save it to line up with our next big juice cd usage.

25 secs later and  we have made it to the big bad cd usage that we had on pull. Every thing will now be off cd, you will Dragon's Roar, wait for your gcd, Battle Cry, Avatar, Rampage, Odyn's Fury, Raging blow. (same as on pull but replacing Blood Thirst with Rapage because we should have pooled rage for it) 

Now the process of cds has come full circle. You follow this order of cds over and over until the boss is dead. Not Missing a single usage where you should have used your cds is imperative to make sure that everything stays aligned at certain points. note* that when nearing execute phase rage should be pooled and cds should should be saved if execute phase will start relatively soon. Popping Dragon's Roar, wait for gcd, Battle Cry, Avatar, Blood Thirst, Odyn's Fury, execute until enrage falls off.

I saw in your logs that your usages of Odyn's Fury and Dragon's roar varied greatly possibly from jsut forgeting them and how they align with other cds, try to follow this guide and your damage should improve quite well.

I am not warrior main to tell the truth, but even according to icy-veins guide I can say that you rate Mastery>Haste=Crit and it's correct. So the problem isn't in your stats.

Then I tried to look for fury logs on Ilgynodgasdgfasdg to compare. I took top-3 in 844-846 range and what I noticed is that 20-30% of their damage came from Whirlwind. You did only 5% of damage by that spell. Try to AOE more.

And the main thing. They press twice more spells than you. Just play more and try to press all available spells and dont forget to look at the screen at the same time :) I think you will get used to it soon

Edited by Gondawn

First of all, for comparison here is one of my combat logs for ursoc an my armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackrock/Búghosh/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QamzdLTKBWrJ1xHf#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=52  (note: this was done before my legendary drop if anyone wonders about the lack of execute)

So there are 3 major differences i want to point out.

1. 18% Tempo!

As the guide here states tempo seems to be the goto stat for furys overall. However its important to mention that there is a breakpoint at 18% at which you can fit another gcd into your enrage. This breakpoint is pretty crucial and worth sacrificing a few gear levels in order to reach the breakpoint.

2. Execute usage

In your combat log it looks like you aren't using Execute properly. Especially with Juggernaut from your artifact weapon this becomes your strongest damage spell per use (ofc behind odyns fury). On targets like ursoc where you can secure a nearly 100% uptime on your target the ramp up from Juggernaut gets extremly strong!

3. Odyns Fury

This ability is by far your strongest and if combined with cds it becomes insanely good. So if you use it right you should have damage spikes in your combatlog, as you can see in my log, about every 50 seconds. If you take Helya's Wrath in your atifact weapon you can delay Odyns fury by 5 seconds to stack it with Battlecry.

My burst rotation every 50 seconds looks something like this: Dragon Roar > Battlecry > Bloodthirst > all cds aviable > odyns fury

That's it from me, hope it helps!

Edited by Bughosh

im not sure if i looked at it correctly, and im far from an expert, but the logs show you only casted dragons roar once.  you need to cast this every time its on cool down, it increases your damage by 20% for 6 seconds.  

you should be able to hit roar, then pop your avatar, class racial, battlecry, and hit bloodthurst, for 100% enrage proc.  you should have about 4 seconds left to either do raging blow or rampage, and then hit your odyns fury to finish your opener.  your numbers will be pretty high after that.

good luck!

i have been trying to get arms to work the last few days, and have just been struggling.  im seriosly thinking of switching to fury because it seems a LOT easier

Ok, seems like I really need to work on my cooldown usage first and foremost! I'm not used to the button-mashing nature of the spec while trying to focus on all the fight mechanics yet.

I've just recently had the luxury of being able to swap out some gear to boost haste, so that should help stat-wise.

Corb! Welcome back! We just need Grimrage and Woz to resub :D. Sadly, I rerolled EU but official warrior forums have turned into a 24/7 whine fest anyway, so doesn't matter.

Just glancing at the parses, your Odyn's Fury use is really low. Fury DPS is really dependent on hitting the DR/BC+BT/Odyn combo pretty much on cooldown (can delay slightly if you can make it AoE.

Seconded on cooldown usage in general, the buffs view on warcraft logs should look like morse code, DR every 25 seconds, DR/BC/Odyn every 50 seconds (once you have the BC reduction).

Stat-wise, haste above all else. Fitting an extra attack into an enrage window is huge. My opening usually looks like this:

Charge > DR > wait for gcd > Battle Cry+BT > Odyn's > > RB > WW > Rampage. Everything fits into the Enrage window until I get it back up with the Rampage.

If wrecking doesn't proc (it almost always does), I BT instead of WW and delay the Rampage until enrage is over.

I still prefer Wrecking Ball over Avatar, the 90 sec cooldown is clunky and it's such a loss if the fight demands movement at that point. WB is a consistent damage increase and the buffed WW is a much better filler than slashing, because I Rampage so often I don't really care about BT enrages. Obviously on some fights Avatar can be better, so swapping is totally an option (albeit slightly expensive).

Thanks dude! I wondered if anyone from the old days was still around. And yeah...nothing but whining on the class forum, but that really hasn't changed much.

I'll try WB and see how I like it. If nothing else, it's one less cooldown to worry about.

I see a couple of people saying that you Dragon Roar first, then wait for globals, then pop battle cry+thurst, odyns.

if roar lasts 6 seconds, and you wait for your GCD 1.5 - haste, you will have about 4.5 seconds left to cast all your other abilities, with battle cry also being 5 seconds.

if you cast roar macro-ed with battle cry, and avatar, you will be waiting 1.5 - haste before you can do anything else, only giving you about 3.5 seconds to do your other abilities while battle cry is up.

looks like i have been missing an extra 1 second of battle cry!

18 hours ago, Thundermain said:

I see a couple of people saying that you Dragon Roar first, then wait for globals, then pop battle cry+thurst, odyns.

if roar lasts 6 seconds, and you wait for your GCD 1.5 - haste, you will have about 4.5 seconds left to cast all your other abilities, with battle cry also being 5 seconds.

if you cast roar macro-ed with battle cry, and avatar, you will be waiting 1.5 - haste before you can do anything else, only giving you about 3.5 seconds to do your other abilities while battle cry is up.

looks like i have been missing an extra 1 second of battle cry!

Dragon Roar is a guaranteed crit and Battle Cry doesn't affect white attacks, so macroing them together is literally useless.