FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Help with DPS , still feel on low side.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could look over my logs and tell me where I stand with comparable gear. I just feel on the low side and wasn't sure if it was my lack of decent trinket drops or something else. Logs as destro, have affliction spec also and currently do around same dps with both specs. I have had worst luck with any trinkets.

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fenris/Rauden/simple

One boss I felt like I should be higher on was Magaera,

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-98r3bsvouuwvbrx6/sum/damageDone/?s=11503&e=11994 .

Look over jin'rokh, my action bar locked up and had to reload uil before I click anything about 20% left in the fight

Thanks,

Tips

1) Don't play Destruction on Council.

2) Unsure what's going on with Tortos. You're missing a big opportunity to gain Burning Embers by keeping Rain of Fire and other AoE on the bats. Your Rogue is doing the most AoE on the bats...I don't even understand how this is happening. Flip on Fire and Brimstone and nuke the holy crap out of those bats. Your Rogue is NOT best suited for this task. Let him tunnel the boss and dodge rock falling while you add Rain of Fire and Fire and Brimstone abilities to those bats. They will die MUCH faster.

3) On Megaera, I see a few things...

Why are you not using Havoc? You have 0 uses of Havoc in an 8:10 long fight on Megaera. This could be utilized every 25 seconds to double your Burning Ember generation by putting 3 Incinerates on 2 heads simultaneously or putting 2 Incinerates and 1 Immolate on 2 heads at the same time. This is not padding because it's a passive effect of generating more embers for your single target DPS.

I noticed you used Twilight Ward. Twilight Ward only absorbs Shadow and Holy damage, none of which is present in this fight.

Your Immolate uptime was 6:12 out of an 8:10 fight. That's a big opportunity to gain DPS.

Your Terrorguard only got off 9 spells. That means you left 8 Doombolts on the table. Another opportunity to gain DPS.

Rain of Fire uptime was only 35.6%. Work on bringing this up above 60-70%. This will be a sizeable DPS gain.

Okay thanks. On tortos I am kicking but I know I can still pull off more havocs. I didn't go affliction on council because I wasn't sure we don't normally have the burn dps and I wasn't sure if I didn't have empowered dots we would beat empowers. I do try to keep rain of fire uptime high and immolate always up. Only time I shouldn't have had immolate up would have been the transition phase.

Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I should pop terror guard earlier also.

1) Don't play Destruction on Council.

awww. i mean, i get that this is an aff's wet dream fight, but i -really- enjoy the burst that comes from a chaos bolted blessed Loa while my havoc sits on Sully (and if he's not alive, one of the other three)

It's actually a Demonologist's wet dream. Aff looks inflated on WoL because of the Festerblight bug that is no longer available.

It's actually a Demonologist's wet dream. Aff looks inflated on WoL because of the Festerblight bug that is no longer available.

well, i guess i'll look into that then

Affdots works fine. Just requires a bit of mental memory on which targets have your Crit-Doom on them. I think there's a bar-addon that some people use that shows small spell icons and their durations. Not sure on the name as I've never needed it.

Yeah i use elvui and affdots, probably the mental memory and trying to time out durations in my head is the only issue.

Well, the biggest fight in this tier to manage DoTs seriously is Council. Aside from that, you really only care about lots of DoTs on maybe Horridon? I typically use other targets as Imp Assembly Lines (IAL's) but I don't really care WHAT is ticking, just THAT something is ticking. On Council, keeping your 100% Crit-Dooms up is a 100k swing in your DPS. For Affliction and watching DoTs, though, I'm pretty sure ForeXorcist or something along those lines has some sort of modification to your enemy nameplates to track debuffs that way. I could be completely off. I think it's the nameplate seen here by Sparkuggz:

Go to 7:31 on that video and see the Corruption debuff above each dummy...I think he lists what add-ons he uses.

sweet thanks for all the help. I'm always trying to improve. I always threw dots on heads on magarea and had rain on fire down but never did the havoc trick.