Starym

Legion Hotfixes: October 3rd

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

23859-legion-hotfixes-september-30th.png

Back again for some more warm-ish hotfixes, as vantus runes get introduced to Mythic Emerald Nightmare, some more slight class tuning, Il'gynoth (the eye/heart/insert your favorite organ here of the nightmare) was changed on Mythic and enchanters can now properly disenchant crafted epics.

Blizzard LogoOctober 3rd

Classes

• Mage
    • Splitting Ice should now cause Glacial Ice to damage the secondary target for 80% of the damage dealt to the primary target, as intended.
  • Monk
    • Stagger now delays 40% of damage taken (was 35%), and now quickly loses duration when out of combat.
  • Shaman
    • (Restoration) The Artifact trait Tidal Pools will now correctly heal all areas when multiple Tidal Pools are active at once.
  • Warlock
    • Shadowflame's damage over time can now critically strike.
  • Warrior
    • Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
    • Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.
    • Inspiring Presence no longer stacks on players who have multiple Warriors present.

Dungeons and Raids

(All dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.)

• Black Rook Hold
    • Mythic Keystone target time increased to 38 minutes (was 35 minutes).
  • Eye of Azshara
    • Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 35 minutes (was 36 minutes).
  • Maw of Souls
    • Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 24 minutes (was 25 minutes).
  • Neltharion’s Lair
    • Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 33 minutes (was 35 minutes).
  • Emerald Nightmare
    • Vantus Runes can now be used in Mythic Emerald Nightmare.
    • Il’gynoth
      • On Mythic difficulty, Il’gynoth’s health has been increased by 200%, but loses one-third of that value each time the Eye of Il’gynoth is defeated.
      • On Mythic difficulty, each Nightmare Explosion now deals 20% more damage to the Eye of Il’gynoth.
        • Developers’ Notes: A common strategy for Mythic Il’gynoth involved using raid compositions that focus on maximizing burst damage to complete the encounter in a single phase. This approach removes huge portions of the encounter and can overly favor a specific set of classes and specializations, causing negative social pressures in groups that have yet to reach this encounter. These changes ensure that raid groups must enter Il’gynoth’s core twice in order to complete the encounter on Mythic difficulty, but offset that change by speeding up the process of destroying the Eye to shorten the overall length of the encounter.

Professions

• Enchanting
    • Crafted items that upgrade to epic quality should now disenchant into Leylight Shards or Chaos Crystals.

PvP

• Shaman Totems will no longer take unintended extra damage from players.

Quests

• Players are now able to turn in "Ritual Ruination" to Calydus in Dreadscar Rift if they don’t take the portal out of the scenario.

Previous hotfixes.

Il'gynoth (the eye/heart/insert your favorite organ here of the nightmare)  '

Fantastic writing at its best :D I lol'd quite loudly in an other wise abandoned office XD

• Like 1

I really think that Blizz is playing with warrior prot players... Reducing the rage generation from shield slam (26th sep) and vengeance to 10, remembering that shield slam was generating 20 rage points originally... now, another nerf... They like other classes to tank.... it's not possible...lets see what they will do next...

10 hours ago, Starym said:

Enchanting

• Crafted items that upgrade to epic quality should now disenchant into Leylight Shards or Chaos Crystals.

I always wonder how many shards I missed out on after a fix like this...

On 10/4/2016 at 2:40 PM, Wallstand said:

I really think that Blizz is playing with warrior prot players... Reducing the rage generation from shield slam (26th sep) and vengeance to 10, remembering that shield slam was generating 20 rage points originally... now, another nerf... They like other classes to tank.... it's not possible...lets see what they will do next...

I mean, to be fair, Warriors were way beyond what other tanks were. It was crazy how strong IP was and it definitely needed a nerf. They're still one of the top tanks, even with all the changes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      We already got some details about tomorrow's upcoming Azerite trait changes, but the notes have been updated and we're getting even more! With additional DPS focused changes and some actual class and spell tweaking in addition to the Azerite trait changes, this is turning into a pretty major class balance pass, with a whooping 46 new trait tweaks:
      Azerite Traits (source)
      With scheduled maintenance this week, we intend to make some targeted adjustments to Azerite Traits:

All Classes (Healer) Ephemeral Recovery mana increased by 15%. (Healer) Savior trigger threshold increased to 50% health (was 35%).
      Death Knight (Blood/Unholy) Bone Spike Graveyard: damage increased by 100%. (Unholy) Festering Doom: damage increased by 25%.
      Demon Hunter (Havoc) Eyes of Rage: damage increased by 20%. (Havoc) Furious Gaze: Haste increased by 40% and duration increased to 12 sec. (Havoc) Revolving Blades: damage reduced by 35%. (Havoc) Thirsting Blades: damage increased by 70%. (Vengeance) Revel in Pain : absorption increased by 20%.
      Druid (Balance, Guardian, Restoration) Craggy Bark : absorption increased by 15%. (Balance) Dawning Sun: damage increased by 40%. (Balance) Streaking Stars: damage reduced by 40%. (Balance) Sunblaze: damage increased by 35% (unchanged in PvP). (Feral) Iron Jaws: damage increased by 66% (unchanged in PvP). The benefit of having multiple copies of this trait active is reduced. (Guardian) Gory Regeneration : healing increase increased by 15%. (Guardian, Feral) Masterful Instincts : bonuses increased by 10%.
      Hunter (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship) Rapid Reload: damage increased by 25% and tooltip corrected to say "more than 2 targets." (Beast Mastery) Pack Alpha: damage increased by 60% (unchanged in PvP). (Beast Mastery) Dance of Death: Agility increased by 20%. (Marksmanship) Unerring Vision: Critical Strike increased by 100%. (Marksmanship) Focused Fire: damage increased by 30%. (Survival) Blur of Talons: Agility increased by 65%. (Survival) Up Close And Personal: Damage increased by 40%.
      Mage (Arcane) Galvanizing Spark: damage reduced by 30% (unchanged in PvP). (Arcane) Explosive Echo: damage reduced by 35%. (Frost) Frigid Grasp: Intellect increased by 100%. (Frost) Packed Ice: Damage increased by 120% (+45% if used with Splitting Ice). Reduced by 50% against players. (Frost) Glacial Assault: Chance to activate increased to 20%.
      Monk (Mistweaver) Burst of Life : healing increased by 20%. (Windwalker) Open Palm Strikes: damage increased by 60% (unchanged in PvP).
      Paladin (Protection) Dauntless Divinity : block increased by 20%. (Protection) Judicious Defense: absorption increased by 10%. (Retribution) Divine Right: Strength increased by 40%, duration increased to 15 sec. (Retribution) Expurgation: damage increased by 15%.
      Priest (Discipline, Shadow) Depth of the Shadows : healing increased by 20%. (Holy) Blessed Sanctuary : bonus increased by 10%. (Holy) Permeating Glow : bonus increased by 15%. (Shadow) Spiteful Apparitions: damage bonus increased by 75% when the Auspicious Spirits talent is not selected. (Shadow) Searing Dialogue: damage increased by 150%.
      Rogue (Assassination, Subtlety) Sharpened Blades: damage reduced by 30% (unchanged in PvP). The benefit of having multiple copies of this trait active is reduced. (Assassination) Poisoned Wire: Critical Strike increased by 50%. (Outlaw) Brigand's Blitz: Haste increased by 50%. (Subtlety) Blade In The Shadows: damage reduced by 25%. (Subtlety) The First Dance: Now grants 2 stacks of the Critical Strike bonus when activated. Critical Strike bonus reduced by 25%.
      Shaman (Enhancement) Strength of Earth: damage increased by 60%. (Enhancement) Roiling Storm: damage increased by 100% (unchanged in PvP). (Restoration) Soothing Waters : healing increased by 10%
      Warrior (Arms) Executioner's Precision: damage increased by 75% (unchanged in PvP). (Arms) Test of Might: Strength reduced by 15%. (Fury) Reckless Flurry: damage reduced by 25%. (Fury) Bloodcraze: Critical Strike increased by 100%. (Protection) Reinforced Plating : Strength increased by 10%.
      Warlock (Affliction) Dreadful Calling: damage increased by 30%. (Demonology) Forbidden Knowledge: damage increased by 35% (unchanged in PvP). The benefit of having multiple copies of this trait active is reduced. (Demonology) Umbral Blaze: damage increased by 20%. (Demonology) Explosive Potential: duration increased to 15 sec. (Destruction) Accelerant: duration increased to 12 sec. (Destruction) Crashing Chaos: damage reduced by 30% (unchanged in PvP). (Destruction) Rolling Havoc: duration increased to 15 sec.

Alongside these changes, we plan to increase the damage output of a few affected specs: Arcane Mage: all damage increased by 3%. Balance Druid: Starsurge and Starfall damage increased by 15%. Destruction Warlock: Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Immolate damage increased by 10%. Fury Warrior: all damage increased by 6%.
      You'll see the final adjustments in our hotfixes update post on Tuesday.
    • By Starym
      There are some big changes coming to taunts on the 8.1 PTR which players noticed and talked about them on the forums, and today we're getting some official info on the matter. The changes are related to the threat bonus after using taunts and some of them that had players worried are only related to tooltip text, so the extra threat is not actually being removed, but it is getting reduced. The intention seems to be to keep the actual taunt gameplay pretty much the same as it is now so it's slightly weird this is even being tinkered with. In any case check out the full explanation:
      Taunt (source)
      Sorry for the delay in responding to this; I wanted to make sure I had all my info 100% correct before I said anything, rather than risk giving you incorrect or incomplete info.
      So first off: the threat bonus from using taunts is not being removed. That's a tooltip change that was made entirely for consistency; every taunt increases threat generation while it's active, but it was only mentioned in the tooltip for a few of them for some reason. So that's just basic housekeeping.
      However, separate from the tooltip change, we are going to experiment a little with reducing how big the threat bonus is on the 8.1 PTR. Currently, it's pretty massive, which is a holdover from when it was first added in Mists of Pandaria. Remember, back then active tanks were dealing huge amounts of damage (and thus, threat) due to the Vengeance mechanic, and so the offtank needed a huge threat boost to be able to keep aggro through tank swaps. That mechanic hasn't existed for a few expansions now.
      Nowadays, in BFA, threat is once again something tanks need to keep in mind, and that massive bonus opens us up to all sorts of wacky issues as DPS (both from tanks and from damage dealers) increases. As one example, there's a risk that we end up in a situation where certain tanks need to use their taunt on cooldown as part of their single target rotation. That would be bad for several fairly obvious reasons.
      So, we're going to try it with a lower bonus on the PTR and see what happens. Our expectation is that there is no tangible effect on your gameplay; you still use taunts exactly how you do now, and they have the same result.
    • By Starym
      It's Monday so it's back to work for the devs, with several issues getting addressed over in the forums and on twitter. From an Anchor Weed harvesting buff, to Azerite traits in PvP getting increased damage when you lower your item level, as well as a long discussion on Arcane Torrent being on the GCD, there's a lot to cover.
      We start with Anchor Weed and a hotfix is coming up that will increase the amount harvested at Ranks 2 and 3, easing the slightly insane prices of flasks etc. right now, in addition to the upcoming 8.1 recipe cost tweaks.
      Anchor Weed (source)
      Posted by Margirita
      Yeah though. Considering time invested people are not asking unreasonable prices for these pots. Something is very wrong with the supply of herbs to the market.

Right now its the lack of Anchor Weed driving it all up.
      We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3.
      In case anyone hasn't seen the datamining for 8.1, we're also looking at tweaking the recipe costs a little to bring the material cost of recipes requiring Anchor Weed down as well. This of course isn't final and could change, but just wanted to let you guys know that we're looking into these kinds of things.
      The there's the pretty weird Azerite trait damage scaling up when the overall item level goes down:
      Azerite Trait PvP Scaling (source)
      Posted by Dccw
      Credit to u/Narabug on Reddit.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofpvp/comments/9hbnj4/tested_some_azerite_trait_scaling/
      TLDR: Azerite trait dmg and healing scales inversely to your equipped iLVL. Traits with static numbers (not percentage based) will scale exponentially by lowering your equipped iLvL.
      "PvP Scaling Magic" -
      Damage - You become more balanced as you and your enemies iLvl are closer together. If your iLvl is significantly lower and your enemies is significantly higher, you will deal more and take less damage from them, and they will deal less and take more damage from you.
      Healing - You will heal your teammates less if you lower your iLvl and they have a higher iLvl. However, they will be able to heal you significantly more in proportion to your total HP when your iLvl is low and the healers iLvl is high.
      UPDATE:
      Based on peoples testing it seems like the optimal gear setup would be -
      Highest iLVL Azerite gear with triple stacked traits.
      Low iLVL armor with the most gem sockets possible and most optimal secondary stats for your spec. Also, old world gear with special bonus effects on them.
      The bonuses from lowering your iLvL seem to taper off once you get below 300 or above 370.

Hey guys!
      There are indeed some issues that you guys have pointed out, which are in the process of being hotfixed. These have to do with Azerite gear slots (and gems) not being weighted in the system as much as they should, and bugs with lower level trinkets being usable at max level. As much fun as it is to relive Taunka Time, we will be working on getting these fixed up.
      I've raised the cap on this thread so any further specific examples you guys have that haven't already mentioned would be great, as getting this resolved is a high priority at the moment. Thanks for all the examples so far.
      Then there's a long discussion on Arcane Torrent and why it's on the GCD:
      Arcane Torrent GCD (source)
      Arcane Torrent is effectively a Mass Dispell/AoE Purge, as well as a free HP generation. I think it's pretty fair that one is on the GCD as its still very powerful.
      Shadowmeld doesn't have near that much of an impact if you're comparing what the abilities actually do. I don't think the mentality should be "All Racials should be on or off GCD" but rather what they do individually that dictates that.
      Of course the feedback is welcome but specific examples of why X or Y ability should be on or off is great as always.
      Posted by Sifu
      You don't think a VANISH that lets you escape from death every 2 minutes doesn't have as much impact?

When you're comparing the two abilities to each other, no. I think Arcane Torrent is far more powerful in both a PvE and PvP standpoint.
      The ability for classes like Paladins to purge a buff, and generate a HP, in a singular global is very strong. Imagine that off the GCD and it becomes even stronger.
      Game worked fine for 11 years with a much better Arcane Torrent off the GCD isn't specific enough?
      I think you need to look in the context of what Arcane Torrent did originally. Since it was a Silence/Interrupt, it would be a little strange on the GCD as interrupts shouldn't be on the GCD. That's at is core is what the ability was made to used for, to silence. So it should be off.
      Now with the rework since its more in line with a Purge, it should be on the GCD. I'm not the biggest fan of some of the GCD changes personally but I think the new Arcane Torrent is an example of something that definitely should be on the GCD.
      Posted by Nexcoyotl
      HP generation? Torrent only provides class resources like mana/runic power/energy. Kind of a shame how a blizz employee does not even know how the spell functions.

09/24/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Sifu
      What HP generation? It generates a minuscule amount of resources that isn't even worth the 1.5s GCD it incurs. Unless there is something to dispel, it is worthess.

If you play Ret for example, it generates a Holy Power, which is a class resource for Ret. So if all your abilities are on CD waiting for the next ability, you can toss in Arcane Torrent if there is nothing to purge. Which equates to a free Holy Power every time it's up. This can save your Relentless Inquisitor, Inquisition, or Righteous Verdict, so that you can keep those buffs rolling. That's a lot of power for a racial ability.
      There's a reason why its in the Ret opener, and mentioned in the overall rotation, for most if not all guides if you're a Blood Elf. It's small when compared to your regular class abilities but that's a pretty big for a racial.
      09/24/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Dliver
      Feel free to change it back whenever ?

I do find myself missing the AoE silence, but I actually prefer the newer version myself. I think it's a bit more of a niche being a purge and I think abilities like that can be pretty fun.
      And finally, a reminder of when non-elite PvP ensembles will become available:
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Zul raid guide.
    • By Stan
      The latest round of blue posts covers Protection Warrior changes in Patch 8.1, mysteries surrounding the Dreadwake mount promotion, and more.
      WoW Team Communication
      The communication between Blizzard and the community hasn't been the best, but they're working on improvements.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Gonna get flamed by the hate, but here we go:

I've really been noticing lately all the blue/green posts, and really appreciate the AMA, Live Stream, upcoming PTR. This is what we've been asking for, and it's being delivered. Communication is ramped up, and feels a bit like the old days. Keep it coming blues/greens! And i actually think the few troll posts are funny fyi. 

Say what you want about the xpac, but there are ALOT of us who are having fun. Can't wait for the PTR. 

Flame on bros...
      Appreciate the kudos but I'll be honest, It's not near what we want it to be at. Lore talked on it in the AMA but long story short, we want to do more. 

I don't want to talk any of it up on what we're discussing internally in this area as I'd rather we just do it. Actions speak far louder right? Communication and participation on our side flat out hasn't been the best, and we want to change that.
      The community will be spending so much time deciphering my dance moves
      This would probably appease a weird section of the secret finding groups.
      6-Month Subscription Mount
      The Dreadwake mount can be obtained by subscribing to the game for 6 months. The promotion was planned for a while now and it's not Blizzard's response to "dropping subs" as many players assume.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Month after BFA and arguably the worst release of an expansion in Blizzards 14 year history. 

Almost all twitch and youtube supporters of blizzard are firing away at how the game is failing. 

supreme lack of communication from Blizzard, no real changes on the horizon. 

Patch 8.1 already hitting PTR soon. 

And now..... Blizzard is pairing a cool new Mount with 6 months of subs. 

Basically saying hey, if you want this mount, we're not going to put it into the store like our other store mounts, we're going to force you to buy 6 months of subs before our financial quarter end to help make this expansion not look like the piece of garbage that it is. 

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what a joke

bfa has officially gone down the tube and is losing people astronomically if these are the tactics they are resorting to. 

BFA was the Fastest Day 1 selling expansion, and I bet my testiies that it is also the fastest expansion of people unsubbing in the history of wow.

edit: six months of subs....
      Or... maybe we've been planning to have this mount promotion for quite a while now, I don't know maybe lets say the last 8 or 9 months. Possibly longer ...but what do I know, I only work on the team that promotes and publishes things like this and apparently this mount means our game is dead. I guess someone forgot to tell all of us this was the case.

You don't honestly think we scrambled to put this together at this last minute do you? Also where is the line for tin foil hats when you enter GD? I missed out on mine.
      I do think that there's maybe a conversation about water striders and boats floating on water that needs to happen though.
      You know... we said the same thing when we got on ours this morning! I think someone shouted out "My ship is taking on water!". Said person is also dressed like a pirate today, so it made it that much better.
      You lie, or maybe you don't. But the tables sure don't look good for this specific time to be releasing something to attract subs. Actions speak much louder than words.
      This kind of promotion doesn't attract new subs. It's more of a reward for existing and an offer for those that might want to swap to a 6 month as it is cheaper. It's just adding additional value to that. 

If you just want the mount that's fine, like we stated in the blog announcing this, it will be on the store eventually. ?
      I think the 6-month sub requirement attached is what seems suspicious. Maybe this mount was planned for this pirate day for months, but I'd wager that the decision to add it to a 6-month sub was a more recent decision based on something else.
      It wasn't a recent decision. You can see that from when the shop banner was data-mined months ago and posted by fansites. Kind of a clue its been in the works for a while if you look into that stuff ? 

I get why people would think that though, but businesses as big as Blizzard don't just operate like people would like to think they do. Things like this take a lot of time and go through a lot of departments to finally be in front of you guys.
      Hrm, the "ShopGametimeBundle"
      You are no longer Snowfox, you are now Linkfox.

For those asking for the link backing up what I said, here you go.
      I don't care for the mount.
      That's fair.
      Your one mount that took 8 months to develop
      That's not what I said.
      I didn't care for the promotion of the other one, to watch a dumb stream.
      Some people aren't into streams and that's okay. We try our best to mirror everything as much as possible so those who aren't into that can still see it through their preferred channels.
      I'll buy your stuff if you actually make it interesting and fun
      Even as an employee I agree with you, to each person that definition is different. Me personally before I was an employee I always had a 6 month sub because it was just cheaper so to me the mount is just a bonus. It's not something your paying for but rather an extra "thank you". I get what you're saying overall though.
      To be honest, they're actually paying YOU a few dollars to get the mount.
      ^ This is honestly more likely the case with these kinds of promotions.
      Apparently, you won't receive The Dreadwake mount after directly converting 6 WoW Tokens into game time. You must claim the tokens for balance first and buy the correct bundle from the shop.
      Blizzard (Source)
      So, if i use 6 tokens for game time will i get the mount? as always, blizz is quite confusing when they worded the offer. Thanks in advance.
      Hey guys,

I just wanted to confirm that you would NOT get the Dreadwake mount if you convert your WoW Tokens into game time directly.

In this case you would need to claim the tokens for balance first and then buy the correct bundle from our shop, here:
      https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-dreadwake-gametime-bundle

Hope this helps!
      Protection Warrior in Patch 8.1
      Buffs are coming for Protection Warriors. Class balance is a "sore spot" right now. They haven't decided yet what form those changes will take (patch vs. hotfix).
      Blizzard (Source)
      Shamans got a blue; Here's to hoping Warriors get one.

I won't make a massive OP, there's been tomes written on how broken prot was since earliest stages of BfA beta. It's common knowledge that warriors make up for under 5% of all tank representation after 2 weeks of Uldir, in ALL types of content;

They're weak, they lack a niche, their kit has been massively hurt by the GCD change, and they need a lot of love to become viable. Like. Without exaggeration, it's easier to heal a shadow priest who pulls aggro in a dungeon, than a prot warrior in that same dungeon...

Blizzard? Are you doing this one class at a time, or can prots hope for some love as well? Cause it honestly feels really bad when the most iconic tank in the game is just so far behind it's not even worth using any more...
      I can’t speak to any plans for the patch, but I do know that we’re planning to make some tuning adjustments sometime in the next few weeks which should include some defensive buffs for Protection Warriors.
      Just curious but why can't you speak to any plans for the patch? You explained the tooltips for the proposed ele shaman changes, but can't speak about warriors? Or is it that there is nothing changing in the patch for warriors?
      Few reasons. Partially because I'm not a class designer, so I don't make those decisions. But also because the class team themselves haven't decided yet. We agree Prot Warriors need love, but aren't 100% decided on exactly what form those changes will take, which also means we don't know if it'll need to be in a patch or not. The Elemental changes require a patch, otherwise we'd just hotfix them in.

Regarding this upcoming tuning pass, I wouldn't expect it to be something that solves every Prot Warrior grievance, but it should hopefully help while we look into potential further adjustments.
      Hate to say it (and hate to nail it to you Lore) but class imbalance is very very bad right now. I think most of us don't want classes that are OP or overtuned-- but we would like to see them fluid enough and competitive enough that we can feel comfortable that our individual investment will ensure us a spot and a chance at current WoW content.
      Class balance is definitely a sore spot right now, both in community feedback and our own internal discussions. We're working on it. It's a delicate thing; we want to solve the issue of players feeling like their class is undesired, but we also want to avoid the opposite issue where everyone feels like they need to reroll to whatever the new hotness is every few weeks (side note, that's part of why we do tuning adjustments in batches rather than every few days, to give things a little time to stabilize before the next round).

I'd also like to submit the argument that, while class balance certainly isn't perfect right now, it's also the beginning of an expansion, which is *always* a bit shaky for class balance. There are absolutely outliers on either side of the spectrum, with some buffs and most likely some nerfs incoming, but aside from those few cases, our data (based on hundreds of thousands of boss kills, arena matches, etc) is showing that class balance isn't that far out of whack from how things were at the start of Legion, or Warlords, or Mists, etc.

But like I said, we're working on it, and will have more to share soon.