FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mioline

Why does Askmrrobot want me to use Versatility while Icy Veins suggests Haste?

9 hours ago, Zilkaz said:

Hello, long time lurker here, been watching this thread with great interest. I have started going hardcore for haste,  and in the last 2 raids I gone up 8% in haste and removed alot of mastery (mastery gear is everywhere) and I have to say the rotation feels alot better with more haste, so much runic power to heal myself with.

Just one question, is the 35% haste goal with or without the boneshield haste?
okey, two, how is my stats looking?:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Zilkaz/simple  

35-40% is the soft cap. 41% and 1% will be wasted during Lust.

15 hours ago, Shells said:

Im going to wade in somewhere in the middle, Versa is not a bad stat, its just not as strong as Haste and Crit. 

Mastery is meh and if I could Runeforge it off to anything including versa I would. 

Versa is nice as its a boring small increase across the board and will always work. It probably just needs a boost as you have to stack an awful lot to get a % decrease in damage taken/healing received.  If they tweaked that a bit then it would be good. 

As we will passively pick it up there is no need to aim for it, it will happen. 

(Having said that, there is a blizz employee somewhere waiting till i get rid of my mastery gear before fixing it back to being awesome just so he/she can laugh at me for binning it all)

Everyone needs crit.  I think its as strong as versatility with all stats starting at 0%. You can't poo poo full mitigation, but you can't rely on it either.

After you get to 20% parry, which is not thaaat difficult, the benefits from crit/parry gets steeper it seems.

The soft floor method is a way to take full advantage of all stats that have synergy when they are at their weightiest, DR wise. Then boost the stats that provide the most benefit from that point on.  Haste and Versatility are stat escalators, so as they go up, so do all the others.  Thats why the pawn scale I listed should be used AFTER you reach those soft cap goals first.

Whats also important to mention is we don't necessarily know when DR's start to scale back the point for point benefit of each stat, and its quite possible each stat is treated differently.

edit: oh i missed your mastery suggestion.  I wouldnt get rid of it wholesale.  Id say minimum 25%.  Some high level DKs are still doing quite well with mastery.

Edited by Sniz

So kinda off topic, sorry, but I can't find any answers. Using the icy veins artifact path, I just got UE and trying to decide whether to get Skeletal Shattering first, or Mouth of Hell. Leaning toward SS but that brings me to my next question. If I mainly will be doing mythic+ and occasional normal raiding, would Blood Feast be worth taking next seeing as trash is the most dangerous in mythics? It just seems kinda...underwhelming when my heart strike hits like a wet noodle. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lifvana said:

So kinda off topic, sorry, but I can't find any answers. Using the icy veins artifact path, I just got UE and trying to decide whether to get Skeletal Shattering first, or Mouth of Hell. Leaning toward SS but that brings me to my next question. If I mainly will be doing mythic+ and occasional normal raiding, would Blood Feast be worth taking next seeing as trash is the most dangerous in mythics? It just seems kinda...underwhelming when my heart strike hits like a wet noodle. 

Decided to go toward skeletal shattering next instead of mouth, I am almost 2/3 in the parry trait and so far regular mythics are going very smoothly. Going to try mythic + soon so we will see how I do haha.

While it's true that Skeletal Shattering is the stronger stat, The path suggests Mouth of Hell because it's just 1 Point away from you taken path.

To get to Skeletal Shattering you have to invest in Grim Preservence first. So, by taking Mouth of Hell you usually get more bang for your buck.