FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FellintoOblivion

Macro Help

So I made a macro to cast Dark Soul and Imp Swarm at the same time. It's just /cast DS /cast IS (on two separate lines). It works fine on target dummies, both abilities fire every time. In an actual raid however IS hardly ever goes off unless I push the button a second time. i assume this is due to latency or something. Is there any way to make this macro work reliably in a raid?

Dark Soul isn't on global cooldown but Imp Swarm is, when are on global cooldown and pressed that macro Dark Soul goes on but Imp Swarm doesn't. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Dark Soul isn't on global cooldown but Imp Swarm is, when are on global cooldown and pressed that macro Dark Soul goes on but Imp Swarm doesn't. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

I'm 100% sure that ISN'T my problem since, as I said, it works fine on target dummies.

The GCD might actually be your problem since in a raid you will likely be using that macro to cast just after casting something else. If the GCD from that prior spell is still counting down, then your macro would behave just like what you are describing.

Alternatively, Imp Swarm does require a hostile mob as your target to be able to cast. Are you targeting a mob when you're seeing this behavior?

I'm almost 100% positive the GCD is your problem. You're saying that the spell that isn't on the GCD, DS, is going off, but the one that is on the GCD, Imp Swarm, isn't. There is no complexity to your macro to make it broken.

You can replicate the problem you're having by going to a target dummy. Apply corruption, then immediately hit your DS/IS macro. Do it fast enough and you'll see DS go off and IS still be sitting there.

If you want to be able to watch the GCD in action on your macro, add #showtooltip imp swarm to the top of it. This will put the IS icon on your bar instead of dark soul. It will also be easy to see when the spell has successfully been cast.

The best solution though if you want to avoid pressing the button twice is to just sloooooow dooooown. Posted Image I double tap most of my buttons anyway, and if you wait til you're close to the end of the GCD and double tap you'll get both spells off no problem.The opener can be hectic at times and I'm guessing that's where you're running in to this problem the most.

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1