FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mioline

Deathcoil Procs and GCD

Recently I noticed I've been having issues with Runic Power and keeping Runes on cooldown.

Isn't it a DPS loss to Death Coil over Festering/Scourge Strike because of GCD? I try to keep my runes on cooldown so I can get deathcoil procs off and avoid capping RP? Or is it okay to cap RP if you have no choice.

I can't check right now (posting from the phone) but isn't there an artifact trait that can give you two procs at a time? Wouldn't that make it even more difficult to avoid capping RP?

Unless you have a insane amount of haste like something super off such as 35%, you shouldn't be having this problem. (Variables include legendaries depending which one you had if any could also be causing this) If you really are jsut having this problem because of what ever reason and its' not a rotational error, you can switch to clawing shadows for it would prove a dps increase over PP as PP is only taken so we have less downtime in our rotation. While what i just said is true I feel like there is or has to be a rotational error somewhere because I never have this problem with my amounts of haste.

I think in general it's safe to say that capping RP is better than having Rune Recharge not capped.

However wasting resources is not ideal. Unholy DK resource management is challenging as you have so many of them.

Our most important resources are Runes (~30% of our Dmg) and Festering Wounds (~20% of our Dmg).

Runic Power is only used for Death Coil which is about 5% of our Dmg. It has some synergies with Dark Transformation, Necrosis, Scourge of the Worlds and Dark Arbiter but I think it's safe to assume, that it will not make RP more important that Runes and Festering Wounds.

Could you elaborate in which situation you run into RP caps? My initial thought is when you have a lot Festering Wounds on the targets and have a decent amount of RP already. You spend a lot of GCDs with Scourge Strike to not cap Festering wounds and keep your Runes regenerating. But by using SS you need twice the amount of GCDs to keep your runes regenerating compared to Festering Strike, therefore you have less GCDs to spend on other stuff (Death Coil, CDs etc).

Edited by Benhoof

in general its sort of okay to cap on runic power, in your main rotation only really worry about immediately spending your sudden doom procs. however, by doing the basic rotation you should reach a point where almost all your runes are spent and you would take that time to dump all runic power into death coil spam to proc runic corruption to further help rune regeneration. so death coil does serve a couple purposes also its synergy with shadow infusion, but you shouldn't be constantly spamming it outside of that point where you have no rune available.