Sibelius

Burst! Then What?

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Concerning Fire Mage, after I burst and Fire Blast, Flame On, and Phoenix Flame's are on cooldown then what?

Do I cast only Fireball until the 2 Fire Blast and Flame On are off cooldown? Do I cast Fireball until heating up and use the first Fire Blast off cooldown?

I cannot seem to find a good rotation after my burst is finished...

Do I cast Fireball until heating up and use the first Fire Blast off cooldown?

Yes, you're basically just casting Fireball until Heating Up, then use Fireblast to get a Hot Streak and repeat this.

Quote from the guide:

Whenever you get a Heating Up Icon Heating Up proc, you should convert it to a Hot Streak Icon Hot Streak using Fire Blast Icon Fire Blast. Generally, you will then want to cast a Fireball Icon Fireball, and immediately spend your Hot Streak Icon Hot Streak on a Pyroblast Icon Pyroblast as your Fireball Icon Fireball cast finishes. 

You can use FBs and PFs to get Hot Streaks, but have to keep an eye on your cooldowns (RoP, Flame On and PFs) to start saving them in time, when your Combustion comes off cooldown for another burst!

If you can use Flame On between 2 Combustions depends on your crit-value. You should have it up, for every Combustion.

• Like 1

If you take Kindling, only use Flame On during Combustion. If you take Cinderstorm, use Flame On on Cooldown (delaying it when a combustion is near).

Other than that, what Lily said. Just be careful with your Phoenix Flames usage, since they have a long CD and you want to have 1-2 up for Combustion.

• Like 1

Well you can use PFs to get Hot Streaks, but i wouldn't recommend using PFs outside of a RoP. Rikhh (Top Mage from Nihilum) said that too: Use PFs only on RoP.

When using Kindling, i mostly got 2 PFs ready again when my Combustion comes off cooldown, so there wouldn't be much sense to use them earlier. If you get 3 PFs ready way before your Combustion comes off cooldown (with some luck due to phenix reborn), you might want to use one when you got to move (instead of using an Icy Flow Stack).