FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Klaydabby

Need Destro help

Hi, I just have a few questions. I seem to be having quite a bit of trouble with destruction. I've played demonology since level 10. However, I have come to really like the Destruction spec a lot. I just can't get it down though I guess. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Klayy/simple Maybe if some of you guys can give me some tips on how to alter me gems and reforgery? My demo burst is around 110k when I get lucky on a non raid boss dummy. My destroy burst is abysmal at best. Rocking maybe 70k. (Saving 4 embers, keeping RoF on at all time, Immolate as well.) I unleash all 4 of my chaos waves, maybe 5, they all do around 280-300k with DS up. Then I look, and I'm hovering at 70k, and that's when I OPEN with 4 embers. I have no Idea what I'm doing wrong anymore. All my friends are telling me to go destroy because of the simplicity. I've studied the spec to it's core. I try to maintain 100% on immolate, 100% of RoF (Although I do probably 70% at best.) and chaos bolting when I'm about to cap on embers, and blowing them when DS, Blood fury ETC. Are up. You're going to look and me gear and probably think I'm an idiot. I used to mainstay PvP on this toon, but am now swapping it for the better to PvE. Are my trinkets really that much of a killer guys? I know my intellect is low and whatnot, but my incinerates do 45k, and my un-buffed Chaos bolts are lucky to get past 208k. By the way I can only uphold 60k at best on a Level 90 non boss training dummy, and that's giving it my literal all. Please help me in any way you can guys, I'm not used to asking for help on how to mastery my classes, but I can literally not figure this one out.

Just to cover the basic stuff, you'll need to be hit-capped! Also, not having 2 PvE trinkets does hurt a lot as well as not having 2 professions.

One of the keys to doing great DPS as destro is lining up Chaos Bolts with procs. You have one proc, Jade Spirit, that benefits your Chaos Bolt damage outside of Dark Soul. This is crippling you. Dumping CB's without any procs active is a giant waste.

Don't get turned off by people telling you Destro is super easy to play. Its true that out of the three specs it can be the quickest to learn, but there is some stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a really good destro lock to make him perform better than others. If you haven't already, definitely check out the 5.2 Destruction Tips and Quirks thread as the opener and everything you need to know about the spec is discussed there.

As far as quick and easy gear fixes, invest in to buying the Relic of Yu'lon if you have the money. If not, then make sure to spend your Mogu Runes of Fate on bosses that drop trinkets (Megaera, Dark Animus, Lei Shen). If you have to, run those LFR's again and spend your coins and farm those trinkets. It'll really help you out. If you've got the money/time, level up those professions! They really help more than you'd think. Tailoring is a great one to start off with and isn't terribly difficult to level.

The only other thing I can really say is that using target dummies is a very misleading way to judge your dps. Without being fully raidbuffed you're going to see fairly large differences between the specs. Look in to worldoflogs. If you can record your logs for several fights you can post them here for us to look at. That will really help us break down exactly what you're doing wrong.

• Like 1

ThantThankthttThanks for the reply? How do my reforges look, my enchants as well. I actually just got the shado-pan trinket, because that medallion was weighing me down A LOT. My dps has actually greatly improved (100k in Heroics dungeons.) But yeah, how are my reforges. I can't exactly pick the right setting on ask Mr. Robot. It wants me to choose the Crit build, but I've ready everywhere crit isn't as good as haste and mastery.

AMR is pretty useful, theres just a couple tricks that you need to kno about to get it to do what you want. So starting out you're going to be best off with a Mastery/Haste heavy build, favoring mastery. To do that with Mr Robot, click on the Edit Weights next to the dropdown menu. In there you can prioritize what stat you want AMR to reforge to by giving it a higher stat weight than others. So the default has something like 1.75 Crit, 1.7 Haste and 1.65 Mastery. Just flipflop Mastery and Crit's values and you'll be golden.

To check if you did it right, compare it to the profile I whipped up in 10 seconds. Klayy

Really focus on improving your gameplay at this stage in the learning process. A lot of people fall in to the trap of spending 80% of their time worrying about their reforges where they should have been looking at encounter guides to figure out how to maximize their DPS on specific fights, or keeping up to date with the best rotations by reading through guides/threads here.

Your DPS will be a direct result of correct gameplay and clever use of fight mechanics. You'd be surprised how little the stats and different reforge strategies really affect you (The only exception being 15% hit cap!).

• Like 1

I found that if your prioritise mastery and haste and ignore crit there is a big improvement in dps. Also 2 really good pve trinkets are so important to do good dps. Also its all about how you use your embers, personally the only time i ever have more then 3 embers is when im waiting to use shadowburn with havok

Its mostly down to having your trinkets timed with embers and dark soul

Edited by syphonz
  • Like 2