FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Auction House Improvements & Alternatives

2pplvzn.jpg

The in-game Auction House code is outdated and it's problematic to find what you're looking for, which is why I've written down some alternatives.

The in-game Auction House is in an archaic state and the code is really outdated. In Patch 7.1, there's a new string (NEW AUCTION_BROWSE_UNIT_PRICE_SORT) indicating the possibility to finally sort items by their buyout price. Apart from that there are no improvements, not even a sort by stack size option, or the elimination of the horrid scrolling through hundreds of pages on the Auction House on populated realms, which is why players should be definitely looking for alternatives.

1. Mobile Auction House

Limited to 200 auctions a day, this is the most important alternative to the in-game Auction House and its packed with powerful features. You can easily buy cheap per unit items at random stacks. The issue is your average player will never see thisbecause it's buried deep within the horrid in-game Auction House.

If you still aren't using the Mobile AH app, I can only highly recommend downloading it. It's great to keep your auctions up-to-date on the go, or snatching some cheap items for further use (disenchanting, etc.)

2. Remote Auction House

Have you ever been using the armory Auction House? The website is snappy and far better than the in-game AH. You can simply access it by visiting your armory profile and on the top left, you'll see the Auctions option in the menu.

2s5zasm.jpg

The Remote Auction House offers the same functionality as its mobile version. You can Buy/Sell your goods, look at your auctions and bids or claim your money. I prefer using it more, since the app is not being updated so frequently, freezes sometimes, thus draining your battery, whereas this isn't an issue with Remote. Similar limitations apply, you can only operate with 200 transactions a day.

ibylbt.jpg

3. TSM & Auctioneer

The last alternative comes down to using in-game addons to fix what the default Auction House is missing. I recommend having a look at the following:

• TradeSkillMaster (highly customizable, plenty of functions and even a desktop app for both Windows & Mac OS X, so you don't have to rescan the Auction House over and over).
  • Auctioneer Addon provides the tools and data to make difficult auctioning decisions easier.

Did You Know?

The Auction House is no longer faction-bound, but neutral, meaning you've been supplying your enemies with mats for some expansions.

• Like 1

I've always found TSM and Auctioneer to be way too complicated for what I need to do. If all you're looking to do is fix the atrocious auction house interface, the AuctionLite add-on has served me well for many expansions. Gives me a far smoother UI without needing 50 pages of user manual to understand.

31 minutes ago, KirynSilverwing said:

I've always found TSM and Auctioneer to be way too complicated for what I need to do. If all you're looking to do is fix the atrocious auction house interface, the AuctionLite add-on has served me well for many expansions. Gives me a far smoother UI without needing 50 pages of user manual to understand.

I thought the same when I first downloaded the addon, but boy, how awesome it is profit-wise. So many functions like the Disenchant search, which searches for cheap Armor below DE price or the Sniper function. I can easily make 100K/day just by standing near the Auction House and moving back and forth between mailbox.

Auctionator is another good option. It's been around forever and is always updated with the most recent patch. In fact, I had to wait for Auctioneer to be updated for 7.0 and I went with Auctionator while I was waiting for that to happen. I love it and have stuck with it ever since. It's a lot lighter and less feature rich than Auctioneer but its simplicity means that it simply works. It also has some cool features like alt click to post and viewing an item alongside its crafting mats for price calculations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

It's a lot lighter and less feature rich than Auctioneer but its simplicity means that it simply works.

This seems to be something that people are liking more and more. Previously, we had people with so much stuff on their screen they could barely see their character. Now we're all looking to get a nice, clean UI with simple add-ons :p

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this