FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Malthael2735

Which tank to choose

Hello guys, 

I am pretty new player to wow only 6 month maybe. 

I played only DPS (DH and Hunt) ATM but I would like to switch for tank. But... WHICH ONE ?

All tanks looks very good. 

So I would like your opinion. I Will do massiv dungeon MM/MM+ and few raid.

Thanks for your help.

Tank (Choices)

Death Knight Blood (2 handed) - change spec once character loads first time - will need to add skills to bars and remove unholy skills

Demon Hunter Vengeance - change spec at level 99

Druid Guardian - change spec at level 10

Monk Brewmaster  - change spec at level 10

Paladin Protection  - change spec at level 10

Warrior Protection  - change spec at level 10

I love playing Blood and I am thoroughly enjoying Vengeance

I have also played Guardian - Brewmaster - Protection

There is no right or wrong choice, it feels right, it suits your playstyle

Edited by ybantraw60

2 hours ago, Malthael2735 said:

Hello guys, 

I am pretty new player to wow only 6 month maybe. 

I played only DPS (DH and Hunt) ATM but I would like to switch for tank. But... WHICH ONE ?

All tanks looks very good. 

So I would like your opinion. I Will do massiv dungeon MM/MM+ and few raid.

Thanks for your help.

Well that’s difficult to say since you didn’t explain what is important for you regarding to tanking.

If you just want to give tanking a try and you’ve already a demon hunter on max level I’d suggest to just stick with him. DH is a real funny tank to play with a lot of mobility.   As long as you don’t want to do progress raiding it doesn’t really matter what tank class you play

Malt,
So my guess is you have a Hunter and Demon Hunter (Both MAX level)?  Hunter will at least be 100 if you boosted.

So in a nutshell the Death Knight would start out at 58.  Otherwise you are starting out at level 1.  Which I don't know if that is a problem or not.    Every tank has + & -'s.  Last expansion I really like tanking on my Pally. This expansion I have been playing my Warrior.  I have done the druid in the past.  Monks can be fun.  My Death Knight is the one that I did "What a Strange Road" The achievement for all the holiday quests.

So right now you have a Mail and a Leather wearer.  If you are trying to collect different achievements.  You might want to go with a Plate Wearer (Pally, Warrior or Death Knight).  So you can at least unlock more types of armor for Transmog.  

If you don't level Tank on your Demon Hunter I agree with Erelaun.  Just swap specs and keep rolling.

To be honest I dislike how works DK and DH because they take bug damage and then just heal back.

I prefere tanks who reduce or absorbe damage. So It looks I should give a try to druid or war? I dont know how works Monk but it seems really hard. I tried pala on a friend account and I dislike.

Keep in mind that the above video is from the pre-patch. It doesn't include changes that recently happened to tanks (like the big Vengeance nerfs)