Andrif

New Rest Druide Need Help

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, in need help,this is my first time healing in raid on Resto Druid and in not happy whit my performance, I do everything I can, I read all the guidelines and try to follow them, but never achieved my healing up just a couple of numbers

Now I'm healing between 100k to 130k

I is a class that cost me a lot from the beginning but do not want to leave, my first problem was with the mana cost me a lot and get to the point to keep better but now no matter what I do as I move did not improve in healing

Link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Andrif/simple

Thank for you time and your help.

I would change up some of your talents, more specifically, Germination (Unless you get the legendary ring) and place the point into Spring Blossoms or Inner Peace (Inner Peace depending on where you're at in your Artifact tree and can get the 20% increase healing to tranq, besides it's freaking sweet to run and cast tranq and blow up the meters). It also depends on what you do for healing wise, raid or 5mans, but a 2min CD on tranq is pretty nice. Also get Soul of the Forest coupled with Prosperity. I just don't think tree of life is really that great right now, may be more situational than anything. Then again I've yet to do Mythic Raids on any of my characters. 

I would also bring your crit down a bit for more haste. I'm still trying to workout myself how much of each stat I should be stacking and if it's worth continuing on others. 

For Raid Healing, try and get your efflorescence up on a group of 3 or more, I know a lot of guides say 2, but I think it's a waste with anything less than 3. Tree Form kills the mana, but can be nice when combined with your Artifact Skill/Tranquility/on use trinket. 

If you're mainly  5mans, would definitely get your mastery and haste up and bring down the crit a bit. Here is my 5 man gear that I logged out in last night:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nathrezim/Rootzi/simple

Crit: 20.38%

Haste: 21.66%

Mastery:  15.63%

(Raid healing i have 23% crit, maybe slightly more)

I switch out a lot of pieces of my gear dependent on the fight, and I've had pretty good luck with trinkets so I have a good selection to use right now. My itemization has been up and down with RNG, but thank the wow gods for blessing me with the legendary (This is where germination is nice, and saves mana). 

I use Vuhdo for my raid healing/5mans, you can watch your HoTS on each player and not over heal. Have plenty of Ancient Mana pots, Leytorrent Potions (learn the fights, plenty of time to sit and drink up). Farm 5man for mana regen trinkets, or ones that give procs to heal the group with. Create a WeakAura for Innervate and bust that out every time it's up. 

I really enjoy playing Resto Druid, been playing since the end of Vanilla (Prot warrior and frost mage up until that point), find what makes you comfortable, don't worry about meters as so much for right now until you find what works with you. Fix your UI, checkout different addons, play with stat ratios and see how you fair in different situations. Just have fun really! Hopefully this isn't too much of a cluster, I was at work when typing this out. 

Peace out ~Rootzi

PS if anyone knows of some new theory crafting forums, sites, spread sheets let me know!

Hello,

First, don't leave, duids are amazing at healing. However they have some weaknesses, required to balance the game and make other classes usefull :D

In terms of numbers, I think druids are probably the easiest healers to rank up number one. So the good news is you're doing something wrong which implies that you can fix it ! Amazing.

I'm raiding in normal difficulty, ilevel 843, and usually end up between 160 and 200k. I'm pretty average. It's up to you if you want to keep reading ;)

There are a couple of reasons why you're numbers may be low, and that would not be your fault:

1/ you have other healers in the raid who focus on numbers, they will try to out heal you. Especially if you don't cast anything when the raid is 100 % full hp your numbers will go down. Be sure they will, no matter the overheal.

2/ you dispel, and the other healers in the raid don't. Dispelling cost mana and is not counted as heal.

3/ you care about overhealing, it's a good thing but it lower your numbers

Here are some advices to increase your numbers, these are not advice for a good healer, it is just for exercising to know if you can actually pull off big numbers:

1/ ignore overhealing, as duid we are bound to overheal with our hots, especially if other healers focus on numbers, they wil lheal the last 20% missing hp despite your hots are active on the characters

2/ use a rotation where you use your cooldown ASAP .

1. First ae damage in the raid => tranquility 
  2. Second ae damage => inervate + wild growth+Essence of G'Hanir+cast regrowth x3+ flourish + cast regrowth til the end of innervate
  3. third ae damge => standard ae healing 
  4. go back to 1 and2 as they're available

3/ ask your fellow druid to cast innervate on you :)

4/ Use swiftmend ASAP it will boost your next rejuv (ignore overhealing)

5/ always buff your heal on a target, best choice is the tank: lifebloom, 2 stack of rejuv, and cast healing touch on him whenever nothing much happen in the raid, you get a boosted cheep heal rotation.

6/ don't burn mana too much, keep in mind your current mana pool vs duration of the fight

If you following these advices you should pump up your numbers. But you won't probably be a good healer, as you won't heal when it matters.

Edit : Forgot to mentioned that this is in addition to the icy guide, you still need to use efflorescence despite I didn't mentioned it for instance.

Edit2 : Forgot to mention a good interface can help. I'm using vuhdo and I have hot minibars inside each cells which tells me how many hots is on the target and when they expire. 

Edited by bobifle

Was debating about writing a Healing Guide for Legion but so far, here's a write up for the build I'm using.

Link to Talents:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/restoration/c5Ac
Link to me:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Cyrin/simple
Weapon: I went Power of the Archdruid first, still 2 points until Dreamwalker.

Here is the build I'm playing with.  It's really pushing meters and topping charts.  Massive AoE heals.  In the last XPac, Blizzard gave us a massive combination for raid healing with Soul of the Forest, pop a Swiftmend and Wild Growth gets a massive boost.  This XPac they have given us the ability to push this beastmode combination every 13 seconds and seeing how our Artifact Weapon revolves around WG, why not make the most of it?  

So everyone knows Swiftmend/WG combo right? So what could be better than Swiftmend/Wild Growth?  How about Swiftmend/Wild Growth/Flourish?  Or just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Swiftmend/Wild Growth/Flourish/Essence of G'hanir

Here's the numbers on the above combinations based on my current item level 825
Formula: amount healed per person times number of people healed (up to 6) = total healing divided by mana cost= health gained per mana spent
WG 88400x6=530,400/68816=7.708 health per mana
SM/WG 159754x6=958,524/99616=9.622 health per mana
SM/WG/Flourish 283559x6=1,701,354/99616=17.08 health per mana
SM/WG/Flourish/G'hnair 499966x6=2,999,796/99616=30.11 health per mana

Healing 500k health per person is slightly greater than dropping a double Tranq on 6 people every 1.5 mins and you can still take the Inner Peace Talent if you really wanted to ;)

Here's the talent spec breakdown.

Prosperity: 2 Swiftmends... When used in conjuction with Soul of the Forest, gives us the ability to perform Massive AoE healing every 13 seconds.
Displacer beast:  Because you're Resto and Tanks are dumb.
Guardian Affinity: With Displacer you don't need Feral Affinity and 5 extra yards from Balance Affinity is not a raid saving talent.  The radius of your spells and their abilites are not affected by Balance Affinity as it only gives you extra distance to cast spells at people.  Thus the 10% damage reduction is unmatched.
Typhoon: There will be adds, help you and the tank out by blowing them in the tanks direction.
Soul of the Forest: To be used in conjuction with Prosperity
Spring Blossoms: 2nd best mana efficient heal we have. Healing Touch being the 1st. Also gives us another HoT for our Mastery bonus.
Flourish: Adds a massive amount of healing with no mana cost.  Effectively doubles Spring Blossoms and nearly doubles our SM/WG combo.

Enjoy and Happy Healing!

Edited by Cyrin
  • Like 1

Without a log or two we really can't help you, honestly. Your talents are right now off, but they're correct for M+ so I don't know if you just ran some of those before logging off or if you used that build in your raid. So first step would be to link to a log where you feel you underperformed.

Definitely don't quit, though. R-droods are amazing right now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this