FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Novae

Higher ilvl vs class hall set

Hi, first time posting and I don't think I saw this question asked. In general, is having the set bonus from the class order hall better than individually higher ilvl items.  

I don't have any spectacular ilvl armorpieces, but I know Mr robot has suggested replacing one higher ilvl item with a set piece quite a few levels lower.  My instinct is to say no stay with higher ilvl. I can can equip enough now to have the four piece bonus, but i think I'd lose two higher ilvl pieces to do it.

In past expansions I've not had enough set pieces to worry about this.  I do have shaman as main. Enhancement> elemental.  I've mained a resto in the past, but I'm just not keen on healing.  I've done some mythic dungeons and am about to start normal raid.  I don't see myself progressing much past that.

This is my armory. Just for general purposes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Novae/simple

Edited by Novae
typo

Hello,

well, it's a bit hard to answer your question without 'if' because it highly depends on your preferred content.

First, 2-p and 4-p bonus of the Order Hall set works only for outdoor content so if you are aiming for any kind of raiding or Mythic+ - it wouldn't work.

6-p (+500 main stat) and 8-p (a chance for 2000 crit) bonuses are pretty weak comparing to bonuses and procs from other sources. One trinket may give you a 3500 of your main stat proc, a trinket from Arcway dungeon procs for 5000 Haste - it's just for you to compare the output.

So we can put it in this way - if your main focus in on outdoor content (world quests, world PvP) - you can get 4 pieces of the Hall set and upgrade them to 850 - it's a good gain. But if you are focusing on any kind of raiding or 5-man content higher than HC dungeons, you'll get a much better gear there - don't stick to Order Hall bonuses.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response. This is exactly the information I was after. I hadn't really thought about the indoor/outdoor element. This totally makes sense.

As you get 850+ gear you will replace the class set.

However when doing WQs I find the 4 set bonus particularly invaluable as the added survivability outweighs the loss in other stats from downgrading a few pieces of gear. You can pull so much more and save more time.