FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Weissrolf

Looking for gloves and light-source weapons

Does anyone know of form fitting gloves/gauntlets like these, that may fit the color-scheme a bit better?

For Balance I found two versions of this weapon that acts as a real light-source, do other versions exist or other weapons that do create their own light?

Guardian:

6ESGW1g.jpg?1

Feral:

YMdQOtQ.jpg

Balance:

l0Z3CUT.jpg

Restoration:

1LZ9nDM.jpg

And because I am currently wearing the purple "Warden's Crown" template I had to transmogrify it into something fitting better until I got those 100 dungeons:

yJ8smLS.jpg

Edited by Weissrolf

I think you're really going to struggle to find some that fit better than that! 

It might be worth looking into the gloves that are just gloves? They finish at the hand and don't go over the wrist? Perhaps Vengeance GlovesVengeance Gloves?

Thanks again for the hint. At least for the Resto transmog simple gloves look too "open", so I might keep the new ones. For Feral simple gloves might work if I find fitting wrists. I kept the blackish/green ones for the Guardian transmog anyway, because it fits well with the hand-weapons. Balance will just keep the new ones.

No worries, I hope I helped a bit! I think simple ones might work, yeah, it allows you more of a chance of finding "fitting" colours because of the availability of bracers too. 

Did you end up finding some wrists that worked?

I tried to farm these for hours without success. The drop rate is really low (0.0x% range in dungeons, 1-5% on some rares). I got a pair of PVP gloves last week that may fit for Feral, especially because they feature small metal claws. I found some fitting brown (with gray band) wrists that could work. The 840 gloves I got are a bit too red and the claws a bit too golden, though (metal silver would fit better).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/135600/pvp-unranked

CqLMoQw.jpg

For Restoration I still prefer closed arms, because of that whole poison/fel/gas-mask style.

Edited by Weissrolf

Yeah, that's understandable. It sucks that they have such a low drop rate, but it's always the way with those low level greens. Especially since there's the whole level boost thing now, which means people aren't levelling through those zones anymore.

Turns out that I do own the silver version of these gloves. Seems a bit too shiny, though, and the red is still off from the brown. I tried a more reddish weapon variation in one hand for comparison here. But the weapons are both off, one too much red, one too much blue. Didn't find better ones yet, though. I'd really like some glowing daggers, like the staff I use for Balance.

JLAcqne.jpg?1

Edited by Weissrolf

I am using the agility enchants to give my weapons a greenish glow. But that staff I am using as Balance does not just glow, but lights the area around its tip. In the watcher dungeon this thing lights up the black areas. Furthermore it lights up the face of its wielder when drawn.