FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hughthehand

enhancement haste question

What is considered enough haste to spec primal elementalist? I am not sure when to make switch. I am currently using ancestral swiftness, ancestral guidance, and unleashed fury and my ilvl is 515 with two lfr ToT tier pieces.

Hughthehand , server Draka

Good question!

I hate giving this answer, but it's an unsatisfying "try simming it". From what I read on Elitist Jerks, there's no specific value. However, they do say "sim it" because your results will probably be different from the next person's.

I'm trying to learn how to sim (since nobody has come forward who wants to help me write a guide, I'll do it myself), so if you can give me your armoury link I'll give it a try and see what I can come out with.

I ran two simulations with lots of iterations on a Patchwerk style fight which calculated your mean and peak DPS and also Haste scaling factors for you. The only difference between the simulations was that in the second I swapped your final talent from Unleashed Elements to Primal Elementalist. The simulations assumed your rotation execution was pretty damn good, so be aware of that. Numbers quoted are rounded to the nearest 100 to remove variation from uncertainties in the simulation (uncertainties were ~0.4%).

Results:

DPS with current spec: 146300 DPS on average peaking at 43800 DPS with all cooldowns blown at the start.

Haste scaling with current spec: 2.29

DPS with Primal Elementalist: 146500 DPS on average peaking at 502900 DPS with everything blown at the start.

Haste scaling with Primal Elementalist: 2.56

What does this mean?

These results seem to show that (with an optimally executed rotation and on a static, 1-target fight) you are at the point where Primal Elementalist would start to increase your DPS. In addition, from this point on when you stack Haste you will gain relatively more DPS per point of Haste with Primal Elementalist than with your current spec.

• Like 1

Yes, but I should write a guide for this. Sims are very easy to actually run.

Sim's running with your current talents, it'll take a while.

Sim results;

Current talents DPS: 130k

DPS with Unleashed Fury: 12.8k

Stat weights with current talents:

Agi: 4.94 Crit: 1.95 Haste: 2.11 Mastery 2.22

Stat weights with Unleashed Fury:

Agi: 4.84 Crit: 1.93 Haste: 2.02 Mastery: 2.17

This implies that you'll want to keep using Primal Elementalist!