Swagsurfer

DPS help

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Been looking at logs from my raid and comparing with top locks.

This is me
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVzjdfG3pZQB94AK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=14

This is some other dude...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRXcywqnPbr3WD1G#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=18

Now look at immolate.. Why has his hit 100 times, while mine has hit 36, with almost 100% uptime? Am im going full retard with my class this expansion?

He cast it more than twice as much as you. You cast it 25 times, he cast it 58 times. From the damage spread it looks like he was multi-dotting like a mofo and you weren't as much.

• Like 1

Okay so im assuming he was immolating all the tentacles in last phase. Is this to pat the meter, since this is pretty much useless dmg, or is the time spend immolating a fuckton of tentacles worth it when you get to spam chaos bolt on boss?

Ty for help guys :)

In my very limited experience and I actually asked this question in another thread it appears that spreading Immolate so you are at the point where you can spam CBs is a DPS gain. The issue, at least for me, was finding the balance. I actually overdid it became capped on shards and so yes it turned into padding to a point. Still though my damage was noticeably higher to Xavius in the last phase with much more CB casts (your casts did not seem to change so much but you had quite a small damage peak right on the kill when you got the buff pre-MC). Reviake also had BL in the third phase and hence would have had a good head start on the tentacles. 

He/she also did much more damage on the littler adds and also quite abit more on the big one. So just seems they are very good at target swapping and getting in damge before their guildies step in. My fellow guildy tends to beat me on this as well but one day I will be ahead!   

Yea i mean the small adds pretty much get killed before i can get an incenerate to hit them, so i can forget about hitting those. I should have decent damage on the large add, since wreak havoc, and it should have 100% uptime on xavius while im pounding the add. But i guess just try to find a golden point between immolating and spamming chaos bolt....

Anything else you can conclude from my logs? Used to be a really good demo lock last expansion, so this just feels too simple, and i am underperforming compared to what i should/want

As you can compare logs then you are pretty much set in improving your performance. For some people it takes time though to break old habits and learn new muscle memory.

I had a look at your Ursoc kill.  One of the biggest issues there was lack of casts (and especially lower CBs). If you do not know the fight and/or have a guild that likes to move 20 yards when 10 will suffice then that is to be expected but just be aware of it. So just in case you do not know try to save instants for moving (though do not cap), minimise movement when you do have to move and if there is a required move coming (like on Ursoc puddles) you can stagger your movement when you have instants.

Cauterise Master are you triggering that? I'm not sure it's worth the DPS loss. If it's on auto I would suggest to take it off.

Do you have Lord of the Flames arty trait?

You casted Immolate early a few times (I think).

Wreck Havoc is useless on a ST fight though yeah changing talents a lot is expensive.

Perhaps missed several Conflag casts. Perhaps missed some Rift casts. All of these are harder to calculate (especially with a lot of people having the Ripper trait). Do not be capped/do not end the fight with stacks.

What trinky do you have? As dumping all 3 rifts at the start with no BL probably isn't ideal when you know you will have to move soonish. 

Eradication seems a little low.

Capped Shards a few times. If you know you are going to have to Conflag or have to move soon try not to be on 4 shards.  

Do you have a useable racial? Not sure what you play.

You do good stuff as well but not much point telling you that :)

Hope this helped and be aware there always may be errors.

Yea was getting to know destro again on that fight. May move too much, Shitty artifact traits, as i started out healing for the guild, so im behind.
But i pretty much know all this stuff, so i guess just practise and eventually ill get good again ;D

Not missing any fancy tricks then

Tyvm and gl in mythic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kastaleepu
      Hi!
      I would like to ask somethng about ice lance and other procs aswell.
      To maximize dps, should you always try to get rid of Fingers of Frost procs with ice lances? And if you get flurry proc, do you want to get rid of ice lance procs before casting flurry + lance combo?
      I am not sure how much icicles and maximizing their damage output before dumping them affects your damage.
      Thank you
    • By BuRnBuLL
      Hello everyone.

I've been playing hunter MM as my main for a while, but lately i've noticed that my DPS output might not be as high as it should. A couple of months ago, I tought it might be my ilvl or my mastery that was too low, but i've tried different builds and i still can't get closer to some other hunters I run into some ToS H pugs.

I'm actually sitting at 938 iLvl. Don't have many BiS, but my stats are kinda high. My weapon relics are bad(low ilvl, i'm still stuck with 915 relics), and I still didn't get any other good legendary besides the Soul of the Huntmaster.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong or it's just my relics/trinkets that aren't very decent? I was happy when i get past the 1M dps mark, but now i'm stuck at that point, and I can't see to get past that.

Here's my armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/pt-br/character/azralon/piccola

Hopefully you guys can help me out on this. Thanks!
    • By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 4/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 4/9M
      MOST RECENT KILL: MYTHIC SISTERS OF THE MOON

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By Deadly
      Good day people of the forums!
      Heavy Metal Gaming (Kel'thuzad) is a 2 day, casual raid guild looking to recruit a few more as we are coming to an end to ToS, and looking ahead to the next tier. Due to RL things, we have lost a couple of our key raiders and are in need of replacing/adding to our roster.

Although we are casual, the roster is made up of exceptional players, and we are looking for like-minded/skilled players that are vocal in discord, and engage with the rest of the guild.

The guild and group is made up of friends that have been gaming together for 10+ years. Many of us previously raiding in Top 50 guilds during TBC, WoTLK, and Cata.
      For Legion we are AOTC for all raid content and will continue to be.
      We are looking for:

DPS
      Ranged:
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman

Raid Times
      Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10PM Mountain time
      If you are interested in a laid back guild, but still want to crush heroic raids please respond to this thread, or feel free to add me:
      in game: Deadly#1230
      Or on discord: Deadly#2239
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! ABOUT US
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. 
      We're always on Discord and we joke around a lot, some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. 
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required!)
      Fun Guild events happen monthly!

Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com