Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagsurfer

DPS help

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Been looking at logs from my raid and comparing with top locks.

This is me
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVzjdfG3pZQB94AK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=14

This is some other dude...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRXcywqnPbr3WD1G#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=18

Now look at immolate.. Why has his hit 100 times, while mine has hit 36, with almost 100% uptime? Am im going full retard with my class this expansion?

He cast it more than twice as much as you. You cast it 25 times, he cast it 58 times. From the damage spread it looks like he was multi-dotting like a mofo and you weren't as much.

1 person likes this

What Locky said. You did 75% of your damage to Xavius, he did only 58% (though overall it was still more).

Okay so im assuming he was immolating all the tentacles in last phase. Is this to pat the meter, since this is pretty much useless dmg, or is the time spend immolating a fuckton of tentacles worth it when you get to spam chaos bolt on boss?

Ty for help guys :)

In my very limited experience and I actually asked this question in another thread it appears that spreading Immolate so you are at the point where you can spam CBs is a DPS gain. The issue, at least for me, was finding the balance. I actually overdid it became capped on shards and so yes it turned into padding to a point. Still though my damage was noticeably higher to Xavius in the last phase with much more CB casts (your casts did not seem to change so much but you had quite a small damage peak right on the kill when you got the buff pre-MC). Reviake also had BL in the third phase and hence would have had a good head start on the tentacles. 

He/she also did much more damage on the littler adds and also quite abit more on the big one. So just seems they are very good at target swapping and getting in damge before their guildies step in. My fellow guildy tends to beat me on this as well but one day I will be ahead!   

Yea i mean the small adds pretty much get killed before i can get an incenerate to hit them, so i can forget about hitting those. I should have decent damage on the large add, since wreak havoc, and it should have 100% uptime on xavius while im pounding the add. But i guess just try to find a golden point between immolating and spamming chaos bolt....

Anything else you can conclude from my logs? Used to be a really good demo lock last expansion, so this just feels too simple, and i am underperforming compared to what i should/want

As you can compare logs then you are pretty much set in improving your performance. For some people it takes time though to break old habits and learn new muscle memory.

I had a look at your Ursoc kill.  One of the biggest issues there was lack of casts (and especially lower CBs). If you do not know the fight and/or have a guild that likes to move 20 yards when 10 will suffice then that is to be expected but just be aware of it. So just in case you do not know try to save instants for moving (though do not cap), minimise movement when you do have to move and if there is a required move coming (like on Ursoc puddles) you can stagger your movement when you have instants.

Cauterise Master are you triggering that? I'm not sure it's worth the DPS loss. If it's on auto I would suggest to take it off.

Do you have Lord of the Flames arty trait?

You casted Immolate early a few times (I think).

Wreck Havoc is useless on a ST fight though yeah changing talents a lot is expensive.

Perhaps missed several Conflag casts. Perhaps missed some Rift casts. All of these are harder to calculate (especially with a lot of people having the Ripper trait). Do not be capped/do not end the fight with stacks.

What trinky do you have? As dumping all 3 rifts at the start with no BL probably isn't ideal when you know you will have to move soonish. 

Eradication seems a little low.

Capped Shards a few times. If you know you are going to have to Conflag or have to move soon try not to be on 4 shards.  

Do you have a useable racial? Not sure what you play.

You do good stuff as well but not much point telling you that :)

Hope this helped and be aware there always may be errors.

Yea was getting to know destro again on that fight. May move too much, Shitty artifact traits, as i started out healing for the guild, so im behind.
But i pretty much know all this stuff, so i guess just practise and eventually ill get good again ;D

Not missing any fancy tricks then

Tyvm and gl in mythic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0