Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagsurfer

DPS help

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Been looking at logs from my raid and comparing with top locks.

This is me
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVzjdfG3pZQB94AK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=14

This is some other dude...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRXcywqnPbr3WD1G#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=18

Now look at immolate.. Why has his hit 100 times, while mine has hit 36, with almost 100% uptime? Am im going full retard with my class this expansion?

He cast it more than twice as much as you. You cast it 25 times, he cast it 58 times. From the damage spread it looks like he was multi-dotting like a mofo and you weren't as much.

1 person likes this

What Locky said. You did 75% of your damage to Xavius, he did only 58% (though overall it was still more).

Okay so im assuming he was immolating all the tentacles in last phase. Is this to pat the meter, since this is pretty much useless dmg, or is the time spend immolating a fuckton of tentacles worth it when you get to spam chaos bolt on boss?

Ty for help guys :)

In my very limited experience and I actually asked this question in another thread it appears that spreading Immolate so you are at the point where you can spam CBs is a DPS gain. The issue, at least for me, was finding the balance. I actually overdid it became capped on shards and so yes it turned into padding to a point. Still though my damage was noticeably higher to Xavius in the last phase with much more CB casts (your casts did not seem to change so much but you had quite a small damage peak right on the kill when you got the buff pre-MC). Reviake also had BL in the third phase and hence would have had a good head start on the tentacles. 

He/she also did much more damage on the littler adds and also quite abit more on the big one. So just seems they are very good at target swapping and getting in damge before their guildies step in. My fellow guildy tends to beat me on this as well but one day I will be ahead!   

Yea i mean the small adds pretty much get killed before i can get an incenerate to hit them, so i can forget about hitting those. I should have decent damage on the large add, since wreak havoc, and it should have 100% uptime on xavius while im pounding the add. But i guess just try to find a golden point between immolating and spamming chaos bolt....

Anything else you can conclude from my logs? Used to be a really good demo lock last expansion, so this just feels too simple, and i am underperforming compared to what i should/want

As you can compare logs then you are pretty much set in improving your performance. For some people it takes time though to break old habits and learn new muscle memory.

I had a look at your Ursoc kill.  One of the biggest issues there was lack of casts (and especially lower CBs). If you do not know the fight and/or have a guild that likes to move 20 yards when 10 will suffice then that is to be expected but just be aware of it. So just in case you do not know try to save instants for moving (though do not cap), minimise movement when you do have to move and if there is a required move coming (like on Ursoc puddles) you can stagger your movement when you have instants.

Cauterise Master are you triggering that? I'm not sure it's worth the DPS loss. If it's on auto I would suggest to take it off.

Do you have Lord of the Flames arty trait?

You casted Immolate early a few times (I think).

Wreck Havoc is useless on a ST fight though yeah changing talents a lot is expensive.

Perhaps missed several Conflag casts. Perhaps missed some Rift casts. All of these are harder to calculate (especially with a lot of people having the Ripper trait). Do not be capped/do not end the fight with stacks.

What trinky do you have? As dumping all 3 rifts at the start with no BL probably isn't ideal when you know you will have to move soonish. 

Eradication seems a little low.

Capped Shards a few times. If you know you are going to have to Conflag or have to move soon try not to be on 4 shards.  

Do you have a useable racial? Not sure what you play.

You do good stuff as well but not much point telling you that :)

Hope this helped and be aware there always may be errors.

Yea was getting to know destro again on that fight. May move too much, Shitty artifact traits, as i started out healing for the guild, so im behind.
But i pretty much know all this stuff, so i guess just practise and eventually ill get good again ;D

Not missing any fancy tricks then

Tyvm and gl in mythic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mike14107
      1. Times available & time zone:
      <The Mafia> Raids Tuesday/Thursday from 6pm-9pm PST.  We also run alt/non-raider raids on Wednesdays that are optional for everyone from 6pm-9pm PST.
      2. Server preference:
      <The Mafia> is a day one HORDE FROSTWOLF guild. Frostwolf is a medium pop PvP joint server with Vashj.
      3. Hardcore/semi-hardcore/casual:
      <The Mafia> is a semi-hardcore PvE progression guild. We just started Mythic raiding at the tail end of 7.1.  We raid ~6 hours a week UNLESS in a rare circumstance we are close to killing a boss and everyone wants to schedule an additional raid day or stay 30min to an hour after scheduled raid times.
      5. Current progression/experience:
      <The Mafia> is 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 10/10H NH and 1/10 M NH.
      6. Recent logs (if available):
      If you want to look at our current logs to see what kind of players we currently have you can find us @ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22446
      7. Contact info:
      Feel free to add me @ Mike#14107
      8. Anything else:
      <The Mafia> is a super friendly day one Frostwolf guild.  Our primary objective is to have fun in an environment that is as stress free as possible.  Our goal isn’t to be a top 200 US guild, but instead to clear the content before the next set of content is released.  Not saying we wouldn’t be able to get there, we just don’t have the top 100 guild pressure environment others do.  We have some really skilled players and are looking for a few more to round out our Mythic raiding team.  Please contact me with logs if interested.  Thanks!
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Oromisism
      Hi guys,
      i just done Elisande on Heroic and i am not really satisfied with my dmg overall, so i wanna ask if someone could take a look over my logs and give me some advices. Thank you :)
      logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11194942/latest/
      armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malorne/Jybril/simple
    • By MayorMayo
      Howdy howdy!

Requisite armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Mayo/simple Requisite most recent parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/93755/latest Am I following the Icy Veins rotation? Yup, for the most part, unless I have a brain fart. With that out of the way, I want to start by saying that I’m not unsatisfied by my DPS, but I know that I can do more / do better. 
      I’ve got two of the best legendaries (Ashes to Dust & Chain of Thrayn), two of what I think are the best trinkets. I’ve got the Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (880) and the Entwined Elemental Foci (890) but don’t use them currently because my sims are showing Convergence of Fates (895) & Might of Krosus (895) being ~7-10k higher, but I’m very open to hearing if maybe the sims aren’t as accurate as I’d like to think they are.
      I’m just... stuck on how to get there. I was hoping that I could get some sage advice from other paladins in here.
      All of your thoughts are most appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mayo 
    • By Bowers2194
      <Mors Certa>
      Sargeras (PvP-CST)
      Chicago Datacenter
      www.morscerta.com

About Us
      We’re a Mythic raiding guild of close friends looking to meet new people and have fun, all while progressing at a steady pace.
      We offer a competitive raiding atmosphere on a very minimal schedule.  Raiding only 9 hours a week and being competitive is a tough task, so we want people who are not only reliable, but know how to make the most of a short period of time.
      Past progression included pre-patch kill of Mu’ru, Kil’jaeden, Yogg-Saron (0 Light), Algalon, Anub-arak, Lich King, Cho’gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ra-den, and Garrosh.

Raid Times
      Tuesday-Thursday 10PM-1AM CST (server time) or 8-11PM PST. 
      Only NINE hours a week!!!

Progression
      Emerald Nightmare (7/7 Mythic)
      Trial of Valor (3/3 Heroic)
      Nighthold (1/10 Mythic, 10/10 Heroic)

Recruitment Needs
      Healer
      --Druid
      Melee DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS
      Ranged DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS

**All quality players regardless of class will ALWAYS be considered**

What We’re Looking For
      -Be reliable – show up to raids on time on a consistent basis.
      -Understand your class- knowing when to swap to a different talent for a specific fight can often push a raid group over the top. Knowing when to play fire instead of arcane, or survival instead of marks is also a very important quality.  This included all hybrid classes that have damage and healing specs.
      -Experience, skill and gear – We are looking for people wo want to progress seriously and have a capability to play your class to a high level. We expect applicants to have combat logs to prove this as well.
      -Attitude – We have a fairly laid back raid atmosphere, but you must be willing to accept criticism.  If you are told you are messing up repeatedly, it is nothing personal, but we may sit you for the fight to get a kill.
      -Outside raid participation – Artifact power and legendries are two systems put in place in Legion that have an impact on raiding.  We are looking for raiders that perform their own player progression outside of raids (mythic+, artifact power farming, etc.) We do not require our raiders to be at 54 traits, but each raider must actively pursue this goal. 
      -Having an alt is a bonus, but by no means required.

What We Offer
      -A competitive raid environment
      -A stable guild that has existed for many years
      -Other friendly players with multiple classes to socialize and play with

Contact Info
      If any of this interests you at all, please feel free to contact us in game or on our website.
      We DO NOT do formal applications. After an interview on Discord, we will set you up with a try out during our farm run.  In the end, it’s your play that should decide whether you get into the guild or not. 
      www.morscerta.com (most website purposes are now run through our Discord)
      Battle tags: chimi#1777, chomp#1748 or chrisbowers#1297