FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ef001730

Rogue's in Mythic+

I main assassination, and recently switched from bleed to poison build and I'm enjoying it on single target. I feel like my AoE just got even worse than what it already was so even though I'm performing fine compared to the people I am grouping with I feel like I could potentially be performing far better. Can someone just give me the best spec and talents for mythic+ so that I can give my groups 110% of my potential. I haven't really played any other spec than ass in the current expac so just trying to see what you guys think. I will probably keep using ass in raids and single target encounters.

1 hour ago, ef001730 said:

I main assassination, and recently switched from bleed to poison build and I'm enjoying it on single target. I feel like my AoE just got even worse than what it already was so even though I'm performing fine compared to the people I am grouping with I feel like I could potentially be performing far better. Can someone just give me the best spec and talents for mythic+ so that I can give my groups 110% of my potential. I haven't really played any other spec than ass in the current expac so just trying to see what you guys think. I will probably keep using ass in raids and single target encounters.

Sin's AoE is always going to be poor compared to Outlaw or Sub. It's the nature of the spec, being DoT-focused, and with no AoE finisher. 

If you really do want to play Sin though, try playing Alacrity in your Tier 6 talents

25 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Sin's AoE is always going to be poor compared to Outlaw or Sub. It's the nature of the spec, being DoT-focused, and with no AoE finisher. 

If you really do want to play Sin though, try playing Alacrity in your Tier 6 talents

I just tried outlaw out on the dummies and it's not performing well without the artifact talents, I will probably need to farm some up for it first before making the switch for M+. I'll give Alacrity a try for now, my other talents are EP, nightstalker, DS, thuggee/prey and venom rush

Edit: Also, if I'm playing with Alacrity do I stay mastery/crit or go vers/crit?

Edited by ef001730

Honestly you're just gonna have to keep crit/vers gear on you and switch back to bleed spec for mythics, if you're serious about running them as sin. 

The only thing I can think of that would make mastery viable for mythics is focusing on getting bag of tricks to proc on aoe trash pulls. But it's so unreliable that I'm not sure if its really a good idea. 

I've been meaning to try running master poisoner and alacrity with a mastery build. Should beef up fan of knives a good bit, and get you more envenoms/bag of tricks. 

Still, I really like exsang for mythics in cases where you wanna burst something down reliably. 

13 hours ago, ef001730 said:

I just tried outlaw out on the dummies and it's not performing well without the artifact talents, I will probably need to farm some up for it first before making the switch for M+. I'll give Alacrity a try for now, my other talents are EP, nightstalker, DS, thuggee/prey and venom rush

Edit: Also, if I'm playing with Alacrity do I stay mastery/crit or go vers/crit?

Likely Crit = Vers, if I had to guess, since you'll be relying on FoK crits to get most of your CP. Since your Poisons won't make up much of your damage, I'd put Vers about equal with Crit.

It's worth noting though, that this sort of build won't be as optimal for raids

Thanks both of you for your insight, it has actually helped me quite a bit. I will do further testing on going back to the bleed build and also trying the alacrity build. I am also putting points into my outlaw weapon right now, do you guys reccomend running GS, Alacrity and MFD or the other AoE talents in those tiers? Thanks again, very helpful

1 hour ago, ef001730 said:

Thanks both of you for your insight, it has actually helped me quite a bit. I will do further testing on going back to the bleed build and also trying the alacrity build. I am also putting points into my outlaw weapon right now, do you guys reccomend running GS, Alacrity and MFD or the other AoE talents in those tiers? Thanks again, very helpful

GS is mainly for ST. Swordmaster, albeit a small DPS loss, it's advised for AoE situations. Other than that, Alacrity and MfD are standard for Otl, IMO.

7 hours ago, lipsinch said:

GS is mainly for ST. Swordmaster, albeit a small DPS loss, it's advised for AoE situations. Other than that, Alacrity and MfD are standard for Otl, IMO.

So standard talents with swordmaster? Sweet, thanks man

2 hours ago, ef001730 said:

So standard talents with swordmaster? Sweet, thanks man

Generally yeah. Pushing higher M+ you'll probably still want GS as the adds will be alive long enough for the extra DPS to matter... Using Swordmaster is really only for an ease of use thing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carrn said:

Generally yeah. Pushing higher M+ you'll probably still want GS as the adds will be alive long enough for the extra DPS to matter... Using Swordmaster is really only for an ease of use thing

Ahhhh that makes sense, so pretty much unless the add will have an uptime warranted of GS it won't give a noteable increase over swordsmaster. Thank you so much mate 

Edited by ef001730