FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Melchom

Afflic or Demo?

I recently got the 522 lei shen trinket. I have been destro pretty much this whole expansion, and recently started playing again during 5.2. I know not much about the other spec rotations, and have pretty much pushed as much dps as I can as destro. It seems like the other two specs are better with this trinket. I would like to know which spec would be easier/better to transition towards. Im sick of being out dps'd by people with similar gear, when I know im pretty much pushing my destro rotation as best as I can. Im 526 iLVL and am 12/12 norm ToT. I like to think im not a baddy, so im sure I can get down any other spec. I'm reading the demo rotation though and it just seems a little daunting, i raided as afflic pretty much throughout BC and WotLK, i took a hiatus during Cata so im not too keen on the new demo/afflic spells. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I need to get back to the top of my guilds DPS charts ASAP lol.

Also, is it looking like Demo will still out dps destro even in 5.4 or will they be evening it out?

Edited by Melchom

Not really too daunting. I played the hell out of it after getting UVoLS and now I'm much more comfortable with the basics and can play around with maximizing.

As for what happens in 5.4, still too early to tell until everything gets sorted out closer to patch day.

As far as which is easier, I'd say probably Affliction. This is purely due to the addon Affdots doing the bulk of your thinking for you. Managing DoTs is very easy with the addon so getting up to a competitive skill level quickly is very easy. Its also a very good spec to boot.

Demo will definitely be a step up in how "busy" you're going to feel at first. There are a lot more ins and outs compared to destro. Stick with it though and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Both of the Tips and Quirks threads on these forums are pretty in depth and should be a good place for you to get started.

As for 5.4, Brown is right. It's too early to tell. I would suspect there will be changes coming for Destro to help it out, but we can only speculate really. It could very well just be a numbers tweaking thing though so who knows.

Okay thank you I appreciate the input. Ill try out DEMO...Just seems like everything is so intricate lol. Which Grimoire should i go for at my ilvl? I see a lot of top tier going for GoServ but then the demo section says GoSac is better when you get UVoLS.... Also is there any addon you use for your trinket procs? i never really had to worry about them proccing till now i guess....i use elvui, omnicc, dmb, etc...basic necessity addons.

Edited by Melchom

You should've been reacting to procs as Destro tbh. Firing off CB's during big intel procs is a large DPS gain while Dark Soul is on CD.

I believe ElvUI's aurabars are a decent way to get started with tracking procs. Weakauras is what I use though because I find it to be a lot easier to customize.

As far as Grims go they are all pretty close and certain encounters might favor one or the other at times based on the fight's mechanics.

I've personally found grimserv to be much better but I've seen people using the other 2 with good results I think it's more of a preference thing and you just learn how to play with each. Also, depending on your raid comp and yours groups push for progression it's possible you might need to play both specs if not all 3 on different fights for progression so it's good to learn the ins and outs of them all. This will also give you a feel for what your comfortable with. The guides on this site will make the transition to each fairly simplistic.