BrunoBsB

Need help deciding which class will be better for me

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my first time posting here on Icy Veins.

I have been away from wow since 04/28/2013, I was really sad about how rude people were in my realm, so I just stopped playing.

But now, I want to go back and start playing in another realm, PVE this time, and I was wondering which class would be better for me...

My first character was a Shadow Priest, I really enjoyed lvlin but at the end I did not like the DPS I've got and even with the BiS I could not reach a decent DPS. And many friends were trying to "convert" me to a healer.

I got a Mage on lvl 54, a Warlock on lvl 60, a Shaman on lvl 32.

So I'm between Mage, Warlock and Shaman as a very very last option (I don't want ppl asking for healer off-spec). I would like to ask which class should I choose to have lots of fun and high DPS end game. I do not care about PVP too much, I will do some BGs when I fell like, no Arenas or Serious Rated BGs.

Thank you if you read this and hopefully you can help me decide which class is better...

ps: I thought this section was the right one for my topic, because I'm not talking about just only one class, if I'm wrong, please feel free to move the topic.

Hello,

This is my first time posting here on Icy Veins.

I have been away from wow since 04/28/2013, I was really sad about how rude people were in my realm, so I just stopped playing.

But now, I want to go back and start playing in another realm, PVE this time, and I was wondering which class would be better for me...

People ARE rude that's a given, people are even MORE rude when they think they are anonymous or do not have to be accountable, and even more rude in a game, that doesn't matter because it doesn't affect your quality of life..

It's not your realm.. Let's all remember, this game average age is probably 16.. or less..

So take that with a grain of salt, the audience are still trying to figure out their proper etiquette, if they ever do. They will not stop, so if you think it will get better it will not, that is a PROMISE.

I do have some advice, ignore them. Play your game, ignore the immature aspect and just forget that people push your buttons. Don't let the people ruin the fun.

For classes, it's too random. You have to decide if you want tank, or heals or DPS. Then decide if you want range or melee.

For me I like range, it's fun to kill people from a distance.. but white attacks and "burst" comes from melee classes..

I like being a shaman for the utility, I can heal myself, heal others while I DPS, and I have some party "buffs" to offer... that's why I like shaman.

It's more about how you want to contribute to the "team".. just to assist, off tank, heal or there for pure DPS..

That's how you should view the classes in my opinion.. we can't recommend what you should play because everyone has a different "style".

I will say based on your comment of "heals off spec" go Mage.

Mage have the highest overall DPS (fire), Locks do as well, but you can port yourself as a Mage, you can have a pet like a lock.. and you can have a "freeze" off spec.. that to me is more "fun"..

Given your choices of Lock, Mage or Shaman, Mage is the best IMHO

Edited by rjparker1

I'd say go with the 4th option, a brand new DK Posted Image

But if constrained purely to your listed choices, both mages and warlocks are fun to play. In my experience warlocks seem to be a little bit easier to solo quests, rares, etc. since you can pet tank and heal yourself and your pet easily. Both can easily be top DPS with the right gear if your goal is raiding. and both are excellent for pvp also. You could really pretty much flip a coin between a mage and warlock.

I'd say go with the 4th option, a brand new DK Posted Image

But if constrained purely to your listed choices, both mages and warlocks are fun to play. In my experience warlocks seem to be a little bit easier to solo quests, rares, etc. since you can pet tank and heal yourself and your pet easily. Both can easily be top DPS with the right gear if your goal is raiding. and both are excellent for pvp also. You could really pretty much flip a coin between a mage and warlock.

Warlocks are much for fun than mages (I'm a mage), but they are also harder to play optimally.

Mages are really good in terms of DPS, but their T5 and T6 talent choices are somewhat boring, and force us into cookie cutter builds.

On the other hand, Warlocks are going though a bit of a revamp in 5.4, they get some movement nerfes and Blizzard is constrantly changing their spells atm.

Mages haven't changes for a long time now.

As a mage, you have plenty of room for mistakes but as a warlock, (depending on your spec) a wrong spell cast can screw things up easily. This was my impression about the class as Affliction and Demonology lock. :)

Both Mage and Warlock are very good DPS, and Oltier already explained the differences. If you don't have time to level up both, go for Frost Mage. It has room for mistakes, you'll see nice numbers in DPS and you'll have much fun in random BGs. With a decent PvE gear you can easily have the upper hand.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      915+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others. 930+ ilvl and 72 artifact lvl for Antorus.

We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS to help fill out our roster for Antorus.

We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance and performance.

We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!

Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

New, returning and veteran players welcomed.

Fill out our Guild Application!
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By TheKaiser
      I have a few questions concerning the upcoming expansion:
      First I wanted to ask, how everything with legendarys and artefacts is now going to be, are there still gonna be legendarys with the same role as in Legion and what about artefacts, are the HoA armors the new artefacts ?

Furthermore I wanted to know wheter or not pvp is mandatory for warfronts and island plundering or if you don't need to be a top pvp player to still achieve some nice things and interesting rewards.

With warfronts I also wanted to enquire how the gameplay most likely will look like, they are pve events so you shouldn't need to be a pvp player, right ?
      Also one last question, how hard do you think the warfront rewards will be to get ? The transmog does look quite nice and I wanted to ask if it is gonna be something, that is going to be locked and only available to hardcore players
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      9/9 H ToS Progression 2 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      1 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 3 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Caldyrvan
      I am glad I'm watching Chump because not only he's an inspiration but also because I was browsing through the standard priest deck lists provided here and even though it's a long list they are all pretty much the same (many of them no fun anymore, at least to me and def. no fun to play against) and I get the feeling lately Icy Veins tries to provide the most expensive decks only. No doubt they are effective and successful but as I said, getting bored and it's kind of bad for every new player visiting this page and just seeing (s)he has to play longer than some cards take to rotate out of standard to acquire a viable deck. 
      So, I was wondering why are the no decks like the following in this list, something wrong with adding such decks? Of course you can't add every possible deck type/variation but with a dozen Highlander and Dragon priest decks already being in this list there should be room for at least one or two others.
      All credit goes to Chump for this deck, I'm just posting it as well as his first video with it.
      Budget Aggro Priest: Total dust cost 1600.
      With all of the cards being basic, common or rare we can assume most players have most of the cards maybe a few to craft. Pretty cheap imo.
      2x Emerald Reaver 2x Northshire Cleric 2x Potion of Madness 2x Power Word: Shield 2x Voodoo Doctor 2x Golakka Crawler 2x Radiant Elemental 2x Shadow Ascendant 1x Deathspeaker 2x Happy Ghoul 2x Kabal Talonpriest 2x Auchenai Soulpriest 2x Keening Banshee 1x Darkscale Healer 2x Sunborne Val'kyr 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAa0GAsYEmssCDoQB7QHlBPIMtbsC8LsC2MEC3cIC5MICyMsCzswCn84Cps4ClegCAA==
      He was playing 2 version of this deck with the other being a bit more expensive using Genzo, the Shark and Leeroy Jenkins instead of the 2 Auchenai Soulpriest.
      Have Fun :)
      -> Budget Cannibal Warlock