Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrunoBsB

Need help deciding which class will be better for me

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my first time posting here on Icy Veins.

I have been away from wow since 04/28/2013, I was really sad about how rude people were in my realm, so I just stopped playing.

But now, I want to go back and start playing in another realm, PVE this time, and I was wondering which class would be better for me...

My first character was a Shadow Priest, I really enjoyed lvlin but at the end I did not like the DPS I've got and even with the BiS I could not reach a decent DPS. And many friends were trying to "convert" me to a healer.

I got a Mage on lvl 54, a Warlock on lvl 60, a Shaman on lvl 32.

So I'm between Mage, Warlock and Shaman as a very very last option (I don't want ppl asking for healer off-spec). I would like to ask which class should I choose to have lots of fun and high DPS end game. I do not care about PVP too much, I will do some BGs when I fell like, no Arenas or Serious Rated BGs.

Thank you if you read this and hopefully you can help me decide which class is better...

ps: I thought this section was the right one for my topic, because I'm not talking about just only one class, if I'm wrong, please feel free to move the topic.

Hello,

This is my first time posting here on Icy Veins.

I have been away from wow since 04/28/2013, I was really sad about how rude people were in my realm, so I just stopped playing.

But now, I want to go back and start playing in another realm, PVE this time, and I was wondering which class would be better for me...

People ARE rude that's a given, people are even MORE rude when they think they are anonymous or do not have to be accountable, and even more rude in a game, that doesn't matter because it doesn't affect your quality of life..

It's not your realm.. Let's all remember, this game average age is probably 16.. or less..

So take that with a grain of salt, the audience are still trying to figure out their proper etiquette, if they ever do. They will not stop, so if you think it will get better it will not, that is a PROMISE.

I do have some advice, ignore them. Play your game, ignore the immature aspect and just forget that people push your buttons. Don't let the people ruin the fun.

For classes, it's too random. You have to decide if you want tank, or heals or DPS. Then decide if you want range or melee.

For me I like range, it's fun to kill people from a distance.. but white attacks and "burst" comes from melee classes..

I like being a shaman for the utility, I can heal myself, heal others while I DPS, and I have some party "buffs" to offer... that's why I like shaman.

It's more about how you want to contribute to the "team".. just to assist, off tank, heal or there for pure DPS..

That's how you should view the classes in my opinion.. we can't recommend what you should play because everyone has a different "style".

I will say based on your comment of "heals off spec" go Mage.

Mage have the highest overall DPS (fire), Locks do as well, but you can port yourself as a Mage, you can have a pet like a lock.. and you can have a "freeze" off spec.. that to me is more "fun"..

Given your choices of Lock, Mage or Shaman, Mage is the best IMHO

Edited by rjparker1

I'd say go with the 4th option, a brand new DK Posted Image

But if constrained purely to your listed choices, both mages and warlocks are fun to play. In my experience warlocks seem to be a little bit easier to solo quests, rares, etc. since you can pet tank and heal yourself and your pet easily. Both can easily be top DPS with the right gear if your goal is raiding. and both are excellent for pvp also. You could really pretty much flip a coin between a mage and warlock.

I'd say go with the 4th option, a brand new DK Posted Image

But if constrained purely to your listed choices, both mages and warlocks are fun to play. In my experience warlocks seem to be a little bit easier to solo quests, rares, etc. since you can pet tank and heal yourself and your pet easily. Both can easily be top DPS with the right gear if your goal is raiding. and both are excellent for pvp also. You could really pretty much flip a coin between a mage and warlock.

Warlocks are much for fun than mages (I'm a mage), but they are also harder to play optimally.

Mages are really good in terms of DPS, but their T5 and T6 talent choices are somewhat boring, and force us into cookie cutter builds.

On the other hand, Warlocks are going though a bit of a revamp in 5.4, they get some movement nerfes and Blizzard is constrantly changing their spells atm.

Mages haven't changes for a long time now.

As a mage, you have plenty of room for mistakes but as a warlock, (depending on your spec) a wrong spell cast can screw things up easily. This was my impression about the class as Affliction and Demonology lock. :)

Both Mage and Warlock are very good DPS, and Oltier already explained the differences. If you don't have time to level up both, go for Frost Mage. It has room for mistakes, you'll see nice numbers in DPS and you'll have much fun in random BGs. With a decent PvE gear you can easily have the upper hand.