FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sniz

Blood Trinket Puzzle

Hi all.  Like theorycrafting? Well, I just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on a stat balancing problem I'm confronted with.

As most of you probably know, you reach a point when building gear where item level kind of stabalizes allowing you to balance stats on a more one vs one basis. This is especially true Ive found with Trinkets, that usually have just one main or secondary stat and some type of functionality.

Here's my situash...

I have 3 trinket options, ill list them and give a brief description.

850 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor

-Strength: Decent amount of strength with some marginal synergy with Fallen Crusader heals.

-Equip: spawns an Ichor 15yards away that tracks toward you. When stepped on grants 3400 versatility for 10 seconds. (Testing has shown about a 25% uptime and +/- 6% versatility over whats already equipped)

840 Orb of Torment

-898 Haste (haste!!!!)

-2 min use: heals 9% of damage done in the previous 20 seconds.  Without any real synergy, its a latent background heal that heals for about 270k @150k dps. Bleh. (But tht haste!)

840 Parjesh's Medallion

-Stamina: Synergy with DS (roughly 20-23k healing per cast depending on bone shield stacks); Synergy with Vamp, Vamp Fangs.  More HP more healing!

-Equip: when hitting 35% health, heals for 180k+/- and procs 1400 mastery for 12secs. Synergy with mastery, and mastery through stamina.  More HP, bigger DS heal, bigger DS heal, +proc = bigger blood shield.

Edit:  Adding 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal

807 to all secondary stats H,C,V,M

So Arcano is coming along with me in all situations.

so the question becomes Medallion or Orb?

3.1mil hp + 24.4% haste or

2.89 mil hp + 27% haste

Cheers!

Edited by Sniz

Id take the medallion for multiple reasons

First of as you wrote yourself more stam synegises with DS and VB, increasing one of your best tank abilities and the best cooldown we have. Wheras the haste is nice stam > haste.

And then theres the effect on the two items, as a Dk we really lack mitigation, we have plenty of selfheal.
Therefore i would lean towards the medallion as it gives versatility proc and health, the health gives higher DS aswell.

i am using it myself and quite pleased with it, wont be changing it until i get the one from dragons of nightmare.

I'd go with the Medallion.

~10% more health is huge. Also an automatic panic heal and mastery buff is nice.

Concerning Orb: You already have a decent amount of haste, So I guess you won't miss the 3% that much.

5 hours ago, Desruc said:

Id take the medallion for multiple reasons

First of as you wrote yourself more stam synegises with DS and VB, increasing one of your best tank abilities and the best cooldown we have. Wheras the haste is nice stam > haste.

And then theres the effect on the two items, as a Dk we really lack mitigation, we have plenty of selfheal.
Therefore i would lean towards the medallion as it gives versatility proc and health, the health gives higher DS aswell.

i am using it myself and quite pleased with it, wont be changing it until i get the one from dragons of nightmare.

5 hours ago, Benhoof said:

I'd go with the Medallion.

~10% more health is huge. Also an automatic panic heal and mastery buff is nice.

Concerning Orb: You already have a decent amount of haste, So I guess you won't miss the 3% that much.

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Medallion is just such a nice safety net, and for synergy and stat allocation. Take medallion :D

3 for 3.  I can't argue with that.

I tested both and the 27% haste with the orb, ill be honest with you, is kinda like driving a ferrari. HS's available all the time and the GCD puts the 25% leech from Unending Thirst on the table...

Today I will run a dummy for 3 mins with each to get some raw healing data.  Of course this will not test the equip bonuses, or factor comfort of having a 230k bigger heath pool.

6 minutes ago, Sniz said:

3 for 3.  I can't argue with that.

I tested both and the 27% haste with the orb, ill be honest with you, is kinda like driving a ferrari. HS's available all the time and the GCD puts the 25% leech from Unending Thirst on the table...

Today I will run a dummy for 3 mins with each to get some raw healing data.  Of course this will not test the equip bonuses, or factor comfort of having a 230k bigger heath pool.

Will be interested in your results. 

I did run with a circa 30% haste, before Bone shield build and it was really nice. Have reduced it to 23% baseline now to favor crit and parry but might see if I can juggle it again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shells said:

Will be interested in your results. 

I did run with a circa 30% haste, before Bone shield build and it was really nice. Have reduced it to 23% baseline now to favor crit and parry but might see if I can juggle it again. 

I checked your armory, and you sir are finely tuned tanking machine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sniz said:

I checked your armory, and you sir are finely tuned tanking machine.

Thanks, it doesn't feel like it at times though. 

I could do with better relics, better rings and a legendary wrists to top it all off.  :) 

Not really looking for much at all am I . 

I do switch the Charm in and out with the Medallion depending on the fight. 

Edited by Shells
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shells said:

Thanks, it doesn't feel like it at times though. 

I could do with better relics, better rings and a legendary wrists to top it all off.  :) 

Not really looking for much at all am I . 

I do switch the Charm in and out with the Medallion depending on the fight. 

Dont be hard on yourself. With this setup you're geared to clear NEN, ready to push som HEN and can definately complete a Mythic+4.

10 minutes ago, Sniz said:

Dont be hard on yourself. With this setup you're geared to clear NEN, ready to push som HEN and can definately complete a Mythic+4.

Spot on. Thats the limit of my content to date. I feel squishy as hell with Heroic Ursoc while the first boss is a cake walk in comparrison. 

:)

18 minutes ago, Shells said:

Spot on. Thats the limit of my content to date. I feel squishy as hell with Heroic Ursoc while the first boss is a cake walk in comparrison. 

:)

Well good luck! Ursoc is a gear check, for the whole raid team really.

Unfortunately, my guild is clearing Normal on the only night I can tank...

But ive kept gear pace for now by using the AH for the gold to buy and upgrade demonsteel.

Yeah, good point. I should really look at getting a better crafted ring to replace my 830. 

About 2 minutes after I do it, I can expect an 860 to drop for me!

1 hour ago, Shells said:

Yeah, good point. I should really look at getting a better crafted ring to replace my 830. 

About 2 minutes after I do it, I can expect an 860 to drop for me!

Ask a guildy to craft it? The price of raw gens is dropping on my server.  But then there's the obliterum...

I dont even want to think about how much gold ive dropped.  8 pieces fully upgraded...yeesh

I ran the dummy test with each trinket last night for roughly 3:00 each before raid time.  I need to do more testing because DoTs may be interfereing with the length of the parse (which would obviously impact HPS).

Haste Orb:

38 DS in 218 seconds

10.2 DS per min

14.25 mil healed

65,380 HPS

Stam Medallion:

32 DS in 194 seconds

9.6 DS per min

12.71m healed

65,530 HPS

Again, this is the first trial. The next one I do I will probably keep DSing until DoT's wear off.

But so far Medallion has the HPS lead.

Can I hijack this thread and ask trinket advice aswell? :)

what should i run:

850 Grotesque statue

870 goblet of nightmarish ichor

865 unbridled fury

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Moraxus said:

Can I hijack this thread and ask trinket advice aswell? :)

what should i run:

850 Grotesque statue

870 goblet of nightmarish ichor

865 unbridled fury

Thanks!

Trinkets are tricky cuz you'll be swapping them depending on what you're doing.

Need survivability?

Statuette and Its a close all for the other one.  Do you have skeletal shattering artifact trait? Whats your crit% right now?

Can sacrifice some survivability for more DPS?

Goblet and Unbridled.

Just now, Sniz said:

Trinkets are tricky cuz you'll be swapping them depending on what you're doing.

Need survivability?

Statuette and Its a close all for the other one.  Do you have skeletal shattering artifact trait? Whats your crit% right now?

Can sacrifice some survivability for more DPS?

Goblet and Unbridled.

Yes i do have skeletal shattering crit is 21% i would like as much survivability as possible

10 minutes ago, Moraxus said:

Yes i do have skeletal shattering crit is 21% i would like as much survivability as possible

Ok see where your parry is at with the Fury. But im leaning towards Goblet cuz it boosts your hrals to yourself via DPS.