FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Demo help

hey guys

i'm mainly destro from time to time i switch to demonology, i like demo more then destro but it's quite complected

i recently started new char as demo lock so i will be able to train it from the beginning.

anyways i need help with my main char, currently ilvl 517

here's the link

http://eu.battle.net...Vaildor/simple

i need help to push demo dps to the edge

i know the rotation sometime i go lost and mess things up, i need more practice though

i follow ask mr robot reforge suggestion as destro, suggested the RPPM build so i pumped much Haste

got 21.58% haste buffed with Breath of the Hydra and Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

and i also got Unerring Vision of Lei Shen LFR version, didn't kill it on normal yet.

so i use it instead Breath of the Hydra on demo spec

so now i'm still with the reforge suggestion as i used with destro which means almost everything to haste

i read the demo guide here it said that if i don't have the UVoLS trinket i should get the soft cap of 12.5% haste

and if i get it i should pushed to 25% haste so i fall in the between

so which state weight i should use? keep it or just put everything to mastery because i will have 12.5% haste anyways?

i appreciate any kind of help Posted Image

Edited by NoamNatan

Hey Noam!

About the trinkets, you shouldn't switch out Breath for playing demo because this trinket is a beast. It procs so goddamn often. You can read about the trinkets here http://www.icy-veins...rlock-trinkets/ . As you can see, Unerring and Breath are the best.

About the reforge you might've seen a few other threads where people (including me) asked the same. As soon as you have the Lei shen trinket and use the everlasting affliction glyph (which you should) you'll go for 8100 Haste (8094 exactly) and put the rest into mastery. That's just for your ilvl though. I've seen warlocks going for the 14xxx (don't remember the exact number) haste for another doom tick. But that's just for BiS gear I guess. You can use this reforging for destro aswell.

Nevertheless reforging won't hold you back on anything as it's the playstyle in most cases. Read Zagam's sticky about the opener and everything and you'll be absolutely fine. The most important advice I can give you for playing demo: practice, practice, practice. And don't freakout when the Lei shen trinket trolls you. It will happen, and it will troll you HARD.

Good luck to you bro!

Edited by Lappenforce

thanks for reply Posted Image

you think i should put some 320 haste gems to push more haste?

I would. Use more hybrid gems in your red sockets. Also, go through all of your gear and reforge crit off every piece that you can, *then* go for the hit cap. You're reforging hit off on a lot of pieces instead of crit, then reforging haste/mastery off of other pieces to get hit back. It's strange.

P.S. Unless you're PvP'ing a lot, get used to using Sacrifical Pact instead of Dark Bargain. It's a LOT better for you in the long run.

Edited by Omaric

ok so here is what i did

i put x2 320 haste gems on the waist

changed all purple gems to green 160 haste 160 hit at that point i got to 8184 haste unbuffed,

and the rest i changed all 160 int gems into 80 int 160 mastery

should be good now?

I'd still reforge the crit off from your necklace, chest and ring. That should net you some more mastery.

So using the old optimizer for AMR it really didn't want to drop crit off of those pieces. Try using the new beta optimizer.

See if you can get something close to this.

You can always do it manually. I reforge by using my feels.

Edit: Apparently ARM doesn't like saving the page after you click optimize.

Do this:

1. Click "Edit Weights" (has a yellow bar graph next to it)

2. Set "Haste(to 8094) to 4

3. Set "Mastery" to 3.5

4. Set "Crit" to 0

5. Click "Save" at the top

6. Click "Optimize!"

7. Follow all of the changes it makes

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

The Grimoires are very close overall compared across the board. There is no 'use this for single target, use this for AoE' rule.

Grim of Sac will overpower the other two Grimoires when there are multiple targets that you can apply Doom. This will increase the number of Imps, which Grim of Sac buffs by 25%. However, Grim of Sac will have lower DF generation in a single target situation creating less initial burst.

Grim of Service will overpower the other two Grimoires when there is a need or opportunity for high sustained burst for 6-7 seconds (duration of Felstorm) every 2:00. This doesn't happen often, but it lines up perfectly with Tortos, Heads 1, 4, and 7 of Megaera, and Heroic Durumu Ice Walls. This is also the best burst talent.

Grim of Supremacy will overpower Service if sustained AoE is needed or burst AoE is needed in intervals of 45 seconds, such as for Lei Shen's Lightning Ball mechanic. Grim of Supremacy also should be considered a passive effect in that you don't have to activate anything like you do with Grim of Service. Alternatively, this can be resolved by macro'ing Grimoire of Service:Felguard to Dark Soul.

Overall, this choice will vary fight by fight.

thanks Zagam,

i read your demo guide and find service more powerful for burst phases

the rotation is tricky but need practice

after i finished with reforging and new gemming i ran few lfrs and my dps was way better as it was in the beginning

recently i found myself falling behind other guild members even with very closely ilvl as mine (as destro)

i would like to see it today in fresh tot run with the guild after all the changes Posted Image

p.s

in same opportunity, about the trinkets, you sure that breath of the hydra still better then others?

i thought maybe Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance will be better because it procs when attacks critical hits

and i will use many soulfires won't it proc more then breath of the hydra?

in your trinket guide it falls as last priority then others

Edited by NoamNatan

Cha-Ye's falls behind due to its high static crit rating, which isn't a high priority stat for us right now.

Also being 10 seconds duration hurts opening burst, I coined 541 Cha-ye's on first kill but switched to 535 Hydra as fast as I can.

Cha-Ye's has less duration so virtually less uptime because you can't say that Cha-Ye's will proc twice as much as Breath. In fact, Cha-Ye's would HAVE to proc twice as much to equal the value of Breath. Breath lasts for 20 seconds giving you plenty of time to line stuff up and knock out a kick ass opening.

But Cha-ye's has 2x rppm ofBreath, with same luck they will be equal procwise because Cha-ye should proc twice as much Breath does. Still Haste >>>>>>> Crit so not much discussion for demo at least. For Affliction I would favor Cha-ye because more procs = more chance to snapshot dots.

Edited by Sifon