5 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
And here it finally is, the video showing how Method managed to get the World First, a kill that took 654 wipes and over 7 and a half days for anyone else to repeat! It gets really crazy at the end there, so pay close attention!
And here are some comments from the video editor himself, PlebCentral:
It has begun. The first round of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational is here and everyone can compete! Blizzard has just posted the extended rules and a FAQ for the Proving Grounds, where any team can submit their best 5 Mythic+ runs and have a chance at moving to the next stage in their region. This stage lasts two weeks, from July 25 to August 8 so get your team and get going!
Secure your spot* in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational by making a run at Mythic Keystone dungeons from July 25-August 8 during the Proving Grounds! The top scoring contenders will be invited to join as one of 32 outstanding teams from around the world, competing for a share of the $100,000 prize pool.
Teams will need to master multiple dungeons during this two week period to be considered. We’ll be judging performance across the 5 dungeons in which the team achieves the highest Keystone Level during this time.
At the end of the two weeks, teams will need to submit their top score using this form. Note that any entries received prior to the end of the Proving Grounds period (August 8) will not be considered. All entries must be received by August 11 by 3:00 p.m. PDT. Only dungeons completed during the Proving Ground period will be considered.
Read the original announcement here and keep an eye on the World of Warcraft esports site.
Proving Grounds FAQ
Q. Do any completed Mythic Keystone Dungeons count, or do I need to finish the dungeon within the timer for it to be valid?
A. Only dungeons completed within the allotted time will be counted (e.g., Maw of Souls needs to be completed in less than 24 minutes, Black Rook Hold needs to be completed within 39 minutes, etc). If you didn’t complete the dungeon in-time but submit it as one of your runs, you risk invalidating your submission.
Q. Can I submit two different runs for the same dungeon?
A. You’ll need to submit times for 5 different dungeons, with no repeats. For example, you will not be able to submit a 22 Halls of Valor run and a 21 Halls of Valor run.
Q. How do I know what my best dungeon clears were at the end of the Proving Grounds?
A. It’s up to you to keep track of your eligible dungeons during the two-week Proving Grounds period, either by taking screenshots, referencing the in-game Mythic Dungeon UI, or checking the Mythic Keystone Leaderboards for your realm.
Q. Do we have to use the same characters throughout the Proving Grounds? Or can I use alts, or invite some other guild members to push for higher keystone clears?
A. All 5 dungeon times you submit need to be with the same 5 characters; bringing in alternate characters or other players will invalidate your entry. (Please note however, that during the Regional and Global stages of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational your 5-player team will be able to use multiple
characters and you won’t be limited to a single class each).
Q. Do I just use my normal characters for the Proving Grounds? What about the later stages of the tournament?
A. You’ll be using your normal retail characters for this portion of the tournament. If you’re selected as one of the 32 teams to compete in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational bracket, you’ll be given access to a specially configured tournament realm for your region that will have everything you need to compete (consumables, gear, etc). This will allow us to set keystone affix combinations different from the current live combination for that week, and allow us to normalize gear and artifact level among all competitors.
Q. If I’m invited to compete in the later stages, do I need to travel somewhere?
A. All stages of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational will be played online, so no travel is required. The tournament realms are physically located in each region to minimize any concerns over latency during the Regional and Global stages of the tournament.
*Download the Complete Mythic Dungeon Invitational Rules
Update: the video will become available as a VoD immediately and won't actually be streamed live, so just check the videos tab on Method's twitch channel!
Well, it seems announcements for killvideos are a thing nowadays! After Exorsus' World 2nd, Method have let slip the date and time of the very first airing of their World First Mythic Kil'jaeden kill video. Now, we've all been able to see the fight up until around 40% courtesy of the Alpha stream, but that final 40ish percent seems brutal and will definitely be worth a watch (or several).
In any case, you can check it out it starting from 8PM CET over on Method's twitch channel. Meanwhile you can read the interview they recently did covering the whole of ToS progression.
I have compiled the Warcraft story into 240 events nested into 29 statements nested into 4 summaries, all of which can be toggled individually.
This is a work in progress still, and certain details are outdated due to the WoW: Chronicle retcon, but it still gives a very solid ground-up understanding of the Warcraft story and most of its fundamental aspects.
Critical Experiment of Draenor EU - a late night raid guild
-Tomb of Sargeras 5/9H
-The Nighthold 1/10M, 10/10H
-The Emerald Nightmare 3/7M
-Trial of Valor 3/3H
Current Recruitment can be found at : http://critexp.enjin.com/recruitment
-note: We will consider all good applications
-socials are welcome to join.
Critical Experiment is based on the Horde side of Draenor - est 2007. We are a late night raiding guild. We are looking for mature players with good knowledge of their class and role within a raid environment.
We raid after the usual hours (22.30-01.00 server time sometimes to 01:30) 2+1 days per week (Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday as a progress night). We are mature players who have other commitments at 'normal' raid times, so we take the opportunity to get together and play at a later hour.
What you can expect to get from us?
* We aim to clear all content atleast on Heroic difficulty. When we can, on top of that we try getting some Mythic kills too.
* A relaxed but firm raiding atmosphere.
* A group of skilled raiders who enjoy seeking progression in PvE raiding.
* A friendly home. Our members are sociable players and enjoy raiding old content, doing challenge mode, achievement runs and alts runs wherever possible. As such, a raiders friends/family are welcome in CE
* A semi-hardcore raiding guild whose aim is to use our limited hours in the best way that we can, maintaining progress with a decent atmosphere.
* We provide all "raiders" with free repairs from the Guild Bank 24/7. Members can also make use of the extensive mats available in the Guild Bank, all of which are provided for raiding.
What do we expect from you if you raid with us?
* Maturity in both age and attitude towards your fellow team mates (Don’t bother applying if you’re under the age of 17, we will most likely decline,)
* A solid internet connection and a solid gaming rig to raid on (You’re useless to us if your connection drops out every encounter or your system cannot handle the FPS)
* A high level of skill and sensible raiding. Know your role, class and the encounters.
* Punctuality - Showing up for raids in good time and being well prepared with flasks, food buffs, etc (though supplied by gb better be safe then sorry).
* Be active on the Guild forums. Engage in tactics discussion and socialise with the Guild.
* Able to attend minimum 2/3 of raids scheduled raids per week (If not, we will remove your raider status or fail your trial if accepted to CE; progress night attendance is really important for the core)
* You’re able to take constructive criticism during raids and subsequently able to use that criticism to improve your level of skill, and play.
* We expect all members to be able to connect to "Discord". Mic is optional.
For questions, feel free to contact one of the current Officers of Crit exp in game or on our forums (Where you can also apply to Critical Experiment)
To make your apply go to "http://critexp.enjin.com/recruitment".