FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chrysanthana

DPS Prot warrior?

So i have recently been wondering what my prot warrior could do in terms of DPS if I geared her for only DPS. Im wondering what the stat priority would be in this case?

Im assuming 

STR > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Vers

Crit for Ultimatum procs and then Mastery for ATK power

The rotation being more or less the same as a tanks but with no shield block or ignore pain , instead charging focused rage only. 

Could this be at all viable , dose that stat priority look right?

Yes, that seems to be true. But you'll need more rage because there will be no rage-cost-reduction if you're not using IP. To be honest, i haven't EVER tried to DPS as Prot....just because it's not the way how it should be :-). I also never really care about my DPS as a tank...it's just not my job to do so. I really don't care about a DPS-rotation, i just care about a maximum-rage-generation-rotation to maximize my mitigated dmg. In my opinion the DPS of a tank is nice to have, but if you just can kill a boss because the DPS of a tank is 10% higher...then your group-mates are doing something wrong.

But back to your question: You will definitly deal more dmg as a fury or arms warrior. As you can change your specc during a raid, there should be no reason to not do so. Now, your DPS may be "just" 50k behind your other dps mates (while 150k dps on single target as Prot seems to me quite high), but that difference will increase. So even if you gear on DPS (which is could be usefull for soloplaying), you will be like a millstone around your groups neck :-)

dose anyone have any sims of this compared to a same ilvl geared arms warrior?

860 ilvl Crit haste Prot warrior only rotating Focused rage as a rage sink vs 860 ilvl mastery haste arms warrior using standard focused rage rotation

Edited by Chrysanthana