FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Adamand

Enhancement DPS problem

Hello I play  enchancement shaman and tonight we went to EM hc I was very disappointed from my damage. The only thinks I know that are wrong is I didn't use potion of old war and I am low on my artefact trait because I started playing Legion late.

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Adamand/simple

And the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gcJZNqYAz2MHmhpf/#fight=15&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%2492862492.0.0.Shaman%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%2492862492.0.0.Shaman%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

Otherwise I use the rotation suggested in this site. Can you please help me and explain what am I missing because I see other shamans with my ilvl doing 300k+ dps. 

I'm also underperforming a little bit, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

Comparing our DPS on Ursoc (Mine is from Normal, though) it seems like the biggest issue is that you either don't get procs or you can't make use of them. You're using Doomwinds off cooldown, right? What's your artifact trait level, how many traits do you have?

On Heroic Ursoc, try to stand next to him even whilst he's in purple and being kited out of it - you shouldn't take too much damage. Make sure to tell your tanks to start moving him as soon as he's yelled, he has about 2 seconds before the purple goes down so you can still stand next to him for at least 4-5 seconds before your health starts to become an issue.

Other than that, remember to prioritise the buffs (except flametongue) over stormstrike and remember to prioritise stormstrike over flametongue and you should be golden.

Oh, a small thing but a thing nonetheless: Make sure to use Lightning Bolt when Ursoc is running away (or you need to run away). It gave me an extra 50k damage over the entire fight, but that's 50k damage I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

You have too much crit. Try to find items with mastery/haste, and use them even tho they have less iLevel. Also try to keep boulderfist, flametongue and frostbrand buff as much as possible (try Hedd. It's an addon that tells you what your next spell should be)

Also, try enchant your neck with hidden satyr, it does alot of damage.

First, your crash lightning damage is a little low, maybe you're not using it properly, remember to spam it making sure to leave the crashing storm somewhere it will hit the boss most of its uptime. Other than that, maybe 58 stormstrike cast for a 5 min five is a bit low, but that's RNG for you. Get more mastery to make sure you get more stormbringer procs

Your mastery is way too low. I'm sitting at 4.5% proc rate and still feel low, whereas you're barely breaking 2%. Legion put way more emphasis onto secondary stats and for enhancement, mastery is king.

At a higher proc rate you should be doing the majority of your damage with Stormbringer, your finger for that hotkey will need physical therapy by the end of this expansion if you build your char correctly.

Also, run Ancestral Swiftness instead of Hailstorm until you get more haste on your gear.

To give you an idea of how important mastery is, I'm wearing a 835 ilvl mastery+haste helmet and my average ilvl is 862. It is not worth switching to a higher ilvl piece without at least one of your top 2 stats (mastery/haste).

- Low Mastery, I have 6 ilvl's less and I have over 10,000 Mastery rating. If you have items that are lower level but have more Mastery, you will see an appreciable increase.

- The neck enchant is expensive, but it provides a huge performance boost. What I did is buy a crafted Maelstrom amulet with Feverflare and fully upgrade it. Pretty close to BIS for this tier.

- Potions are huge.

- Not a lot of pieces with gem slots, which is just RNG. Gems are like getting an extra enchant.

- Some downtime on both Frostbrand and Boulderfist buff hurts. I find the default UI sufficient for buff tracking, but a lot of folks swear by WA.

- Your trinkets are pretty good. Don't think you have a problem there.

11 hours ago, Tarazet said:

- Low Mastery, I have 6 ilvl's less and I have over 10,000 Mastery rating. If you have items that are lower level but have more Mastery, you will see an appreciable increase.

Edit - DW i found answers to my question lol

Edited by Remery012