FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Firetruck

Help with Assasination

Hey all!

I am struggling with a couple things on my rogue. Below is my armory if you want to look. I do not have a log to my dps unfortunately. 

First let me state as to what I do now. I have been doing my stat priority as Crit --> Versatility --->Mastery ---> Haste.

I keep looking on forum posts and videos as to what is good. I see that people are actually wanting to stack mastery now and that confuses me so much. Every single fight my highest dps ability is rupture and then goes to envenom and deadly poison. Now if my highest dps is rupture then why would I want to stack mastery?

My next question is for rotation and what to do. Currently I am doing the obvious things, I keep my rupture up, I keep garrote up. Next is where i have seen variations. I have tried the style where I keep the talent Elaborate planning up as close to 100% as I can and that has been the highest dps for me easily. But on the flip side I have also done the style where you envenom on 5 or 6 combo points. I believe the dps difference i have is around 30k.

I know that this is a lot of info and it sucks that I don't have a log of my dps but it is really just the theory I am looking for. 

if you have any extra questions for me as to what I am doing i am happy to respond.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Firetruck/simple

Thanks for the help guys/girls!

P.S.

I have seen people now using the talent agonizing poison and wanted to get your thoughts on this as well.

1 hour ago, Firetruck said:

I have seen people now using the talent agonizing poison and wanted to get your thoughts on this as well.

This is the reason people is stacking Mastery now. Agonizing Poison works as a kind of Versatility, because it increases by a x% for each stack on target. Also, it's MUCH easier to stack Mastery to achieve that effect than Versatility itself, the values are rather low. Rupture still will be your hardest hitting ability, but it is increased by the poison. More Mastery = more % on Agonizing = more damage.

The Exsang build relies heavily on Vers, because nothing else increases the damage of Rupture and Garrote (they're not poisons, so your Mastery won't affect them).

Also, I haven't tested that, but the main idea of Sin gameplay is to pool and dump within EP windows. I don't think you can keep up 100% of it and have a reliable damage.

4 hours ago, lipsinch said:

This is the reason people is stacking Mastery now. Agonizing Poison works as a kind of Versatility, because it increases by a x% for each stack on target. Also, it's MUCH easier to stack Mastery to achieve that effect than Versatility itself, the values are rather low. Rupture still will be your hardest hitting ability, but it is increased by the poison. More Mastery = more % on Agonizing = more damage.

The Exsang build relies heavily on Vers, because nothing else increases the damage of Rupture and Garrote (they're not poisons, so your Mastery won't affect them).

Also, I haven't tested that, but the main idea of Sin gameplay is to pool and dump within EP windows. I don't think you can keep up 100% of it and have a reliable damage.

So then it seems as though mastery is the way to go!

Does anybody have the stat weights if I wanted to put it into Pawn?

Just now, Firetruck said:

So then it seems as though mastery is the way to go!

Does anybody have the stat weights if I wanted to put it into Pawn?

That you'll have to sim yourself and then get the string. Every character has it's own weights.