FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aztecia

Resto / Mythics+ help please :)

Hi guys!

Thanks for all your help earlier in the expac, but I look to you all again :)

Currently I am running Mythic + when not doing our usual H EN clear. I am finding at Mythic 6-7 onwards I am really struggling to keep the tank (let alone everyone) up.

I am pushing a haste/mastery build (currently 25% haste, 17% mastery, 13% crit), am running Incarnation/Germination/Flourish, and am 857 ilvl (861 in my raid gear). 

I can have every hot I have on the tank, and be healing touch spamming and I just watch him go backwards (BRF M+7, pally tank is my most recent experience). 

Hoping for some advice on what I could be doing differently - is it a talent thing/gear thing/bad luck/or "git gud scrub"? 

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need more info from me. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Vidaria/simple

details.png

Further to this, I notice Ask Mr Robot has updated their gear optimiser but none seem to follow the recommended priority stats that you guys do - all 3 of their options have haste way down the list where you guys still recommend it as priority number 1, with crit for raid or mastery for mythics as priority 2.

Raid Healing "Auto" - Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Raid Healing "Max" - Mastery > Intellect > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Raid Healing "Spread" - Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Any ideas why we are still seeing such different weightings? 

Edited by Aztecia

Hello,

I personally run Cenarion Ward-ToL-Inner Peace-Stonebark this week (was usung SotF and Germination previously). I would recommend Stonebark over Flourish in M+ especially if you are struggling with the tank healing.

I was using Germination too but with the last week affixes (Sanguine+Volcanic on EU) the group damage felt too high for this talent. 2 min CD on Tranq made the healing smoother for me. 

I would suggest maybe not to stone stick to specific talents because right now the damage taken by a group/tank in M+ with 2 affixes highly depends on the group comp (if you are not running with a 870+ ilvl static group), affixes and a dungeon.

Regarding AMR: I don't have even remote understanding how they are doing healing profiles in Legion so pretty much gave up on this site (meanwhile) and simply use the general Haste>Mastery>Crit prio.

Hello,

I feel your pain. Obviously Mythic plus was always gonna be painful for druids, as it requires almost continual 'Burst healing' rather than HoTs - When I run them, I don't view my HoTs as my Primary form of healing, cause they wont get the job done past Mythic 3 or 4. I view them as 'Stallers' until I can fire off a regrowth. Expensive on water, but I know what my plan is from the beginning.

Personally I use Prosperity with Soul of the Forest for a constant throughput, but you have to then ensure you use your Procs where it counts - mostly on +70% Wild Growth.
The last 3 talents - I change them most fights in EN, and don't view Mythic plus any differently - expect as you hit those higher level of keystone to change your talents to suit.

For stat prio I went Haste>Mastery for Mythics, but started stacking crit for progression raiding (With Haste #1 prio always - it gets you extra ticks on Hots and reduces your GCD I believe? Huge gamechanger) Crit passed Mastery just because in Mythic raids, you need an immediate bang for your buck and again Mastery has a large ramp up on it - to maintain hots on each person isn't viable when raid healing

Finally I'd say that as you reach higher keystone levels, it's not just down to you to "Heal through the damage, that's your job" But the Dps should be looking at AoE Stun talents etc, especially if they can see the healer is struggling with the damage incoming, And your tanks of course should be as liberal as possible with their defensives. "Is that a mouse? SHIELD WALL ACTIVATED!" The more DPS alive, the quicker these encounters end, and that's vauable mana saved and pressure taken off you.

TBH I'm really tempted to do another and try out the stonebark CD reduction and see how it helps.
C ward is great however it works against soul of the forest, .
(Incantation - I steer clear of this because I know I'll get in trouble on a pack, Pop it, and go nuts with instant regrowth. Oom for next 30 secs as you desperately try to keep everyone up. For me the big utility in ToL is 7 people WG (irrelevant for Mythic), Cheaper, stronger Rejuvs (Would have to see how these stack against incoming damage.), and the other functions for non raid situations.)

I hope some of what I've said can be useful for you, and I hope Resto works out for you again this expansionn :)

R

Edited by Restorio

Definitely wouldn't use flourish for M+. Even using Germination you shouldn't have trouble keeping your HoTs up on everyone who needs them, so it's more of a mana-saver than a throughput increase (unlike in raids where there are more targets). Stonebark, though, is a lifesaver.

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually ended up taking Cultivation and I've noticed a massive improvement in quality of life in the higher +s (7-8-9 so far).

I will try Stonebark over Flourish and try to give more focus to to the tank!

I think you should always run germination in mythic 5 man's.  It's just a HUGE amount of extra healing and works well with mastery.

Also, your iL maybe on the lower side has Intellect gives you a huge boost, plus your crit is really low.  I myself has have trouble figuring out how to get my resto druid.

I run mythic EM and completed +10 keystone.  M EM ask for crit and haste where mythic keystone wants haste and mastery.

Also flourish is a great talent, i don't know why the other poster told you not to you use it.  I'll hot all my party members, Wild Growth + Flourish and they come close to unkillable.  The extra healing from Ironbark is really good given it's a 5man and the tank will have the majority of aggro to begin with but I see flourish as an ability that offers way more extra healing.  You get really strong tics off of WG from it, like 7,7,6,6,   appose to 7,6,5... counter

I have a WA addon that triggers a sound whenever I proc clearcasting which is really nice and mana effiencet.  It'll help bring up your numbers.

And for healing tank (5man) I double Rejuv (Germination) Lifebloom, Regrowth, and Effloessence.  Inbetween of all those hots I may cast Regrowth when CC procs, or healing touch just to top him off.  If he's still taking damage than cast some kind of CD (Ironbark, Artifact,)  Swiftmend, CW, or Wildgrowth.

WG isn't very mana efficient but it'll keep him up for sure.  

On 10/15/2016 at 11:46 AM, Aztecia said:

Further to this, I notice Ask Mr Robot has updated their gear optimiser but none seem to follow the recommended priority stats that you guys do - all 3 of their options have haste way down the list where you guys still recommend it as priority number 1, with crit for raid or mastery for mythics as priority 2.

Raid Healing "Auto" - Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Raid Healing "Max" - Mastery > Intellect > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Raid Healing "Spread" - Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Leech > Movement Speed > Avoidance

Any ideas why we are still seeing such different weightings? 

Hi Aztecia. There was a post on AMR; on their forms, that explains why they do this. it was close to the top so it will be easy to find.  In this post, they also said they are working on making new Recommended priority stats for the Resto class. 

2de You can also make your own stat priority on the site and not need to use there's.

hope this helps