FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
IRaptorZz

Boomy DPS help

It is considerably low for your iLvl, and this is due to the fact that you have prioritized your stats in this order. Intellect > Mastery > Crit > Haste. Haste should be your secondary stat to max, try to aim for at least 30%. This allows you to cast more spells and lower the GCD. Mastery should be in between 35-40%, and Crit in the low 20s. Also, what is your rotation for single target DPS? 

In addition to your stats issue, I've notice two things:

1/ a minor one: your dots could use a better uptime, try aiming for 95%. 

2/ a major one, CPM at 31. You should be closer to 45 CPM, (a balance druid would have hard time hitting the 50 CPM)

By simply doing what you're doing, but faster, without downtime, you could increase you dps by :

45/31*210 = 304 kdps (I'm overselling a bit :) )

Bad news : increasing the CPM is probably the hardest thing to do in a boss fight. You need to master to fights to perfection, knowing all tricks to minimize downtime. From a mecanical POV, while some ppl achieve high CPM by mouseclicking, most people would prefer key bindings. Using weakauras to help you know what to do next can also help, sometime I find myself loosing time trying to figure out what to do next in my cycle.

In addition to above, it looks like you only cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune once during the fight. Even if you never get to use the Xavius mechanic that resets the cooldown, the fight went long enough to use it twice. Also, your single use didn't line up with heroism, or a pre-pot for that matter.

Also also, no flask or food (tsk tsk). Buffs are important!

5 hours ago, Sighelm said:

In addition to above, it looks like you only cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune once during the fight. Even if you never get to use the Xavius mechanic that resets the cooldown, the fight went long enough to use it twice. Also, your single use didn't line up with heroism, or a pre-pot for that matter.

Also also, no flask or food (tsk tsk). Buffs are important!

Ill keep this in mind on the next run :D thanks.

Also my rotation is as follows

-Precast wrath with pull timer

-Cast new moon

-Incarnation, moonfire, sunfire, half moon, full moon.

- starsurge x 2

- wrath x2/starfire x2

You should prepot (deadly grace) at 1 second pull timer into:

Wrath -> sun/moonfire -> new moon -> halfmoon -> incarnation - > full moon -> starsurge x2

Then from here: Spell priorities.

Cast wrath > lunar strike - To generate astral power

Cast empowered wrath > empowered lunar strike

Make sure to never go over the cap of astral power. (Use starsurge)

Never waste empowerment charges by starsurging when you have already have 3 empowered charges of either wrath or lunar strike.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:19 AM, bobifle said:

1/ a minor one: your dots could use a better uptime, try aiming for 95%. 

This is very important, since your dots will be around 20% of your total DPS single target. Use tidyplates and WeakAuras to help you track moonfire/sunfire.

Since we're using incarnation at the beginning of the fight, you'll most likely be able to cast incarnation again.; most fights generally last longer than 3 minutes. So don't feel the need to save this cooldown to line up with bloodlust.

And to emphasize what I said in my earlier post about the importance of stats, SIM SIM SIM!

The stat weights will change according to your CURRENT stats, and will tell you exactly which stat you need to obtain in order to increase DPS. For example, if your current haste is at 35% and your mastery is at 35%, the sim will say that CURRENTLY Mastery > Haste. This is due to diminishing returns. So with my data I've concluded that your stats should be as such.

Intellect : Your primary stat - comes hand in hand with iLvl besides rings, amulets, and some trinkets.

Haste : Diminishing returns occurs at 30% - Thus having around 30% HASTE or within 10% variance is optimal.

Crit: Diminishing returns occurs at 20% - Thus having around 20% CRIT or within 10% variance is optimal.

Mastery: Most guides will tell you that this is your weakest stat. This is true if HASTE/CRIT are not at their respective, optimal percentages. If they are, reach for 40% Mastery.

Versatility: After all 3 stats above are obtained, dump the rest here.

Edited by Moondaze