FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boffo

Fire mage alter time macro problem

Hi all, i wonder if you can help me, i've just respecced from frost to fire and i am trying to find the correct utilisation of the POM, Alter Time, Pyro macro and i have been having issues with it.

Following the icy veins guide i am building up a pyro proc and heated up proc, casting a fireball and hitting my macro at the same time as fireball casts so that as the fireball is cast, pom, alter time and pyro are also all cast at the same time.

I then spam as many pyro procs as i get, then using the instant pom pyro cast.

I am then hitting the macro again, assuming that alter time is still active ofc, as it says in the guide with the idea that it cancels alter time and instantly casts the pyro i had queued up before alter time.

The problem i am having is that when i hit the macro for the second time, instead of cancelling alter time and casting the pyro proc, it is cancelling alter time and casting a normal pyro (3-ish second cast time).

Can you first confirm that i am following the rotation correctly and secondly tell me why the macro is behaving as it is.

I can only assume that the issue is that there is tiny a delay between the manual cancelling/ending of alter time and returning the character to its pre alter time state. This would would mean that i should be casting an unmacroed alter time to cancel it before spamming the pyro. (my latency is 31ms).

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Boffo

Hi all, i wonder if you can help me, i've just respecced from frost to fire and i am trying to find the correct utilisation of the POM, Alter Time, Pyro macro and i have been having issues with it.

Following the icy veins guide i am building up a pyro proc and heated up proc, casting a fireball and hitting my macro at the same time as fireball casts so that as the fireball is cast, pom, alter time and pyro are also all cast at the same time.

I then spam as many pyro procs as i get, then using the instant pom pyro cast.

I am then hitting the macro again, assuming that alter time is still active ofc, as it says in the guide with the idea that it cancels alter time and instantly casts the pyro i had queued up before alter time.

The problem i am having is that when i hit the macro for the second time, instead of cancelling alter time and casting the pyro proc, it is cancelling alter time and casting a normal pyro (3-ish second cast time).

Can you first confirm that i am following the rotation correctly and secondly tell me why the macro is behaving as it is.

I can only assume that the issue is that there is tiny a delay between the manual cancelling/ending of alter time and returning the character to its pre alter time state. This would would mean that i should be casting an unmacroed alter time to cancel it before spamming the pyro. (my latency is 31ms).

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Boffo

I assume, that what starts hard casting pyroblast, is not the macro but the spamming of Pyroblast button.

There are 2 solutions to this.

• You can add a /stopcasting to the macro, but I wouldn't recommend this.
  • You can, while spamming Pyroblasts randomly move with your character. (Like occasionally pressing W or something like that)
What helped me a lot was, if you have any addons like Weakauras, you can set it to track Presence of Mind and give it some nice animation when PoM fades, so that, you will know exactly when you have to cancel Alter Time and you will not unintenntionally start hardcasting pyro.

If you are sure, that the macro is the one that does the hardcasting, please copy your macro here. There might be a typo as well.

But other than these I cannot think about any other possibilities.

I assume, that what starts hard casting pyroblast, is not the macro but the spamming of Pyroblast button.

There are 2 solutions to this.

• You can add a /stopcasting to the macro, but I wouldn't recommend this.

• You can, while spamming Pyroblasts randomly move with your character. (Like occasionally pressing W or something like that)
What helped me a lot was, if you have any addons like Weakauras, you can set it to track Presence of Mind and give it some nice animation when PoM fades, so that, you will know exactly when you have to cancel Alter Time and you will not unintenntionally start hardcasting pyro.

If you are sure, that the macro is the one that does the hardcasting, please copy your macro here. There might be a typo as well.

But other than these I cannot think about any other possibilities.

Its not Pyro spam because i have been testing the macro extensively on a training dummy. It is the macro itself.

I had the same problem as you. I just added /stopcasting at the top of my macro. When I want to cancel Alter Time, I quickly hit the button twice. This is my macro:

/stopcasting/use Presence of Mind/use Berserking/use 13/use 14/use 10/use Alter Time/cast Pyroblast

What Gamolputty suggests is a viable idea, yes. :)

Just be careful then, that you only use the macro, when you made sure that the fireball that you cast before Alter Time will not get interrupted. (So, when that Fireball is in the air)

• Like 1