FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shragnasty

Sub or Sin in the end!?

Hey all, since release I've bounced around between 4 classes already. Trying to find the right one that I'll like to stick with. First my mage..then my DH, then my Arms warrior, and now finally my rogue(Hoping I like this the most, was a blast to level)

Anywho, I've just recently hit 110 on my Rogue, and have a tough decision -- SUB or SIN!

I've learned to save up my Artifact power items given how class changes are happening regularly at the start of an expansion. I have almost no desire to play Outlaw, due to RtB rng (just like my Arms War RNG ><)

I've leveled as Subtlety and it was a blast to blow shit up super quick and keep the flow going. Obviously leveling specs differ from endgame raiding and mythics, so I'm finding it a little odd when it comes to getting use to a little change in how to build CPs..especially with Deeper Stratagem, things don't fall into place correctly and I find myself at 5 cps within a Shadow Dance and would obviously overcap with the next Shadow Strike(using Premed talent). 

Sin sounds fun, and class fantasy wise very interesting being a bleed/poison spec now. As I've said I leveled only as Sub, and have zero clue how Sin plays personally, watching a video doesn't give me the best insight as to how it works, but I suppose it's better than nothing ><

With that said, what should I invest all my AP items into? Sub or Sin? My Sub weapon is only lvl 11 so it's not far along at all. I've messaged a lot of rogues ingame asking which they'd prefer and it's mixed feelings as usual, but I've seen a few say the say thing, that Subtlety is better when you reach higher ILVLS compared to Sin. 

Thanks! 
-Shrag

53 minutes ago, Shragnasty said:

Hey all, since release I've bounced around between 4 classes already. Trying to find the right one that I'll like to stick with. First my mage..then my DH, then my Arms warrior, and now finally my rogue(Hoping I like this the most, was a blast to level)

Anywho, I've just recently hit 110 on my Rogue, and have a tough decision -- SUB or SIN!

I've learned to save up my Artifact power items given how class changes are happening regularly at the start of an expansion. I have almost no desire to play Outlaw, due to RtB rng (just like my Arms War RNG ><)

I've leveled as Subtlety and it was a blast to blow shit up super quick and keep the flow going. Obviously leveling specs differ from endgame raiding and mythics, so I'm finding it a little odd when it comes to getting use to a little change in how to build CPs..especially with Deeper Stratagem, things don't fall into place correctly and I find myself at 5 cps within a Shadow Dance and would obviously overcap with the next Shadow Strike(using Premed talent). 

Sin sounds fun, and class fantasy wise very interesting being a bleed/poison spec now. As I've said I leveled only as Sub, and have zero clue how Sin plays personally, watching a video doesn't give me the best insight as to how it works, but I suppose it's better than nothing ><

With that said, what should I invest all my AP items into? Sub or Sin? My Sub weapon is only lvl 11 so it's not far along at all. I've messaged a lot of rogues ingame asking which they'd prefer and it's mixed feelings as usual, but I've seen a few say the say thing, that Subtlety is better when you reach higher ILVLS compared to Sin. 

Thanks! 
-Shrag

There's a thread on the forums here about choosing your spec, I recommend you give that a read

Just now, Carrn said:

There's a thread on the forums here about choosing your spec, I recommend you give that a read

Im aware of your post. Far from informative. I know what every spec does. Im trying to find what actually is better in the end as far as numbers..

5 minutes ago, Shragnasty said:

Im aware of your post. Far from informative. I know what every spec does. Im trying to find what actually is better in the end as far as numbers..

Until you hit complete Mythic EN gear and have the correct legendary, all the specs are effectively equal and you should pick the one that you think is going to be the most viable in the most situations

I didn't mention numbers because you should not pick a spec based on numbers, as numbers will always change

Pick a spec based on a playstyle that you enjoy, that has a toolkit that you like, and you won't mind playing in any given situation

5 minutes ago, Shragnasty said:

To elaborate more:

Nobody can play a spec to Sim-perfect results. It doesn't happen in a live raid environment. It can't happen, because live raid environments aren't vacuums; your gameplay will be affected by the people around you, by mechanics, etc

Given the option, I will take somebody who is a diehard fan of a spec over somebody who changes every patch to stay up-to-date with the new flavour of the month 100% of the time. This is because people who change all the time are more likely to suffer from burnout due to not enjoying their class and/or spec, and will probably not be as good at their current job

A player who can consistently play a spec that is mildly worse than another, but can play that worse spec to the 90th percentile in every single situation is significantly more valuable than a player who plays the "best spec" to the 50th percentile.

My advice is and always will be to pick a spec that you enjoy, practice it, and get good enough with it to see it through and prove that it's viable in your hands.

• Like 2

I played Outlaw for the first bit of Legion then didn't find it much fun after I switched to sub (which I used to hate) and been playing it in Mythic+ and Raids. I'm 859 so my gear is slowly scaling up (yes it's true that sub is most superior with gear scaling) and it's honestly the most fun spec I've played since it offers healing, a very quick playstyle and not RNG either. With Outlaw it's pure RNG (as you said) and assas is pretty fun for me but I don't like dotty classes that much and it has ramp up time which is viable for raids but not as much for AoE burst. I do 300-350k dps on Mythic+ bosses and about 300-450kdps on AoE pulls and in raids I can do 200-250k dps on bosses. I'm still trying to find whats best and play it to perfection but the spec is probably the best one to main has it has more flexibility compared to assas :D I hate outlaw for it's shear RNG. As sub scales later on and offers more than assas I think you should put everything into sub and master the spec and just wait for it to get much better! Good luck ^^ 

On 10/16/2016 at 8:58 PM, Carrn said:

A player who can consistently play a spec that is mildly worse than another, but can play that worse spec to the 90th percentile in every single situation is significantly more valuable than a player who plays the "best spec" to the 50th percentile.

THIS.

This is what you should have as a mind set towards raiding. 

I know that people tend to "judge and favorise" quickly when they see a "non meta" spec DPS. But with time everything will be balanced. If you stick to the spec you enjoy the most eventually you will be in the top tier, maybe sooner than later!

And look at the bright side, if you stick to one spec you will complete your artifact tree faster then the others who keep switching. :)