FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HeebieJeebie

looking for a dps check up

Hi all,

My dps seems a bit low for my ilv. I just switched to aff from destro so a little rusty at it but still I think i am missing somthing, maybe I am gemming wrong or I just dont have the right trinkets yet. I use affdots addon to monitor my dots and tell me when to monitor procs. Below is a link to my armory and a recent dps log. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Heebiejeebie/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fj514vd1c77zvmh4/analyze/

Jin'rokh: all looks fine

Horridon: you only casted Haunt 10 times in a fight that lasted 8 minutes and 11 seconds with a plethora of opportunities to replenish Soul Shards with Drain Soul and all the adds. Keep Haunt up on Horridon the best you can. You had a 13% uptime here. Not seeing any potion use during this entire fight.

Council: same deal. Haunt is mega-awesome. Start using it more.

Tortos: you have a lot of misses...are you targetting dead Whirl Turtles? Not sure what you're doing that is causing so many misses here...again, 6 Haunts in 4 minutes. Pretty embarrassing that an Enhancement Shaman did more AoE than you. Seed of Corruption those bats. Soulburn one SoC for tons of Soul Shards.

Megaera: Haunt usage is better.

Ji'kun: looks good. Hard to tell what you're doing, but it looks like nest hopping. Not the best for Affliction here. You had 90 seconds of Primal Nutrient but your DPS indicates you didn't have it at all. Prioritize using Haunt and other CDs while you have this 100% damage buff.

TL;DR: Use Haunt more. It should be a very high priority, especially with Wushoolay's procs. As soon as you can, ditch Volatile Talisman. I know you need a drop...just saying that trinket is meh.

Thanks fo the reply.

ya got to work on Horridon just so much going on much better at it as destro . On tortos this is a new guild frist time a ran with them i aoed the bats and they freaked out so i just focus on the turtles now dont understand the reason why they dont want more aoe on the bats but not my call. For Ji'kun I just get the frist nest and then am on the boss the whole time. One question on Wushoolay's procs I am noticing a 10 stack of this rarely ever gives me blue or even green empowerd dots on affdots. is this a bug with the addon or is a 10 stack of that just not as great as I am thinking it would be.

thanks again for the help.

For Wush it depends what kind of procs you were rocking earlier. If you had a Bloodlust and Dark Soul going and now you've just got Wush, it probably won't be that beneficial.

For Tortos, regardless of what they're saying, I'd still drop a single SB:SoC on the bats, as that will still improve your DPS done on the turtles with the increased Soul Shard generation. I'd even recommend sniping a bat with Drain Soul right before it dies to refill your Soul Shards if you're low. As the resident turtle slower on this fight for heroic, I've had to adapt very fast on Soul Shard management. If I'm out and can't use a SB:CoE, then I'm failing.

I don't care if they freak out if you AoE...tell them that they should be freaking out seeing a Combat Rogue and Enhancement Shaman's top abilities on this fight be Fire Nova and Blade Flurry. They're not optimized to be performing that role...you and some other ranged are. I feel like this is one of those reasons why guilds are held back in progression...poorly assigned roles. Either that or your Shaman and Rogue feel the need to be on top of the meters and have had assignments put out to satisfy their personal 'needs.' Not a personal insult to you, Heeb...but me and your raid leader need to talk.