Ronspear

Fire Mage help with logs

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been playing Fire mage for the first time since Legion. I did my research on almost everything you need to know on Fire Mages. I've spent hours on the rotation and I believe that I've almost mastered it.

Now, the reason I am posting on the forum is because I need advise...

I can't seem to exceed as much as I am suppose to as a fire mage. If I compare myself to what I see on Warcraft logs, fire mages of my ITL, are almost always first or second DPS. And even my fire mage guildie that is slightly under gear does much more damage then me on every fight...

I believe that my gear is decent and so is my artifact tree... I do have decent trinkets ... So my conclusion is that I am missing something in my rotation, or that I am prioritizing something that I am not suppose to...

Could anyone help me out? I have my latest Warcraft logs, here is one of them  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12079061/latest#boss=1841

If you need any more , I could link the entire raid last week.

Thank you!!

One simple question, why are you switching to unstable magic, but you keep conflagration? Conflagration is pretty much useless single-target. You did 1 million damage with it, imagine how much damage the extra pyro's would do during that fight. Plaguehive is also useless. You want 2 crit trinkets, or the tongue trinket from lair as 2nd. 

It's kinda hard to analyze what you're doing wrong, best I would suggest is search up rikhlulz on youtube and watch his opener. Another thing you might be doing wrong is not saving your CD's for combustion. You should ALWAYS have rune of power and flame on for combustion. I am currently running cinderstorm myself because kindling fucks up my timings. Hope this helped you abit

Edited by badfellaa

Thanks for the input!

I've kept Conflagration because I believed it was stronger in the long fights, due to the dot ticking... I'll give Pyromanic a try this week and see if it makes a huge difference.

Plaguehive is being used because it's the only luck I've had so far with trinkets. Still waiting for my BiS trinkets to drop... :(

I will look up Rikhlulz, that's a good idea, maybe my opener isn't the best that's why I am lacking in the meters. I always try to pair RoP and combustion... I know its crucial to have those 2 together with Flame On and at least 2 PF. I've also speced in Cinderstorm and will try out living bomb this week during raid..

It's hard to always have the best talents for every fight since EN some bosses are mostly single target and others have adds/cleave mobs... But ill keep practicing until I give up on fire and go frost with 7.1 :P.

I suggest you try to get Wriggling Sinew asap. I can also list up what talents you should use for each boss if that would help you.

Mythic only:

Nythendra - Pyromaniac, Shimmer, Rune of Power, flame on, ice floes, unstable magic, cinderstorm

Il'gynoth - Conflagration, shimmer, rop, fo, if, living bomb, kindling

elerethe - same as above

ursoc - same as above, change to pyromaniac & living bomb out with unstable magic

dragons, same as above, change back to conflagration & living bomb

cenarius same as above with unstable magic

xavius same as above

kinda rushed through this might be confusing idk

Edited by badfellaa

You really shouldn't be using Conflag.  Switch over to Pyromaniac.

Your opener should always be a pre-pot with a Pyro cast.  4.5 seconds before the pull.  Typically causing your second cast (fireball) to enter you into a hotstreak.  With this Hotstreak, ROP+Combustion then right into a ton of Pyros.  Using Flame On to get the most you possibly can out.  Use Fireblast x4 (with flame on) before using PF as PF has a slight delay.

Then after your "burn" opener, go into your regular pyro fishing rotation.  You can use ROP 3 times before combustion is re-charged.  It will recharge (if done correctly) when the 4th ROP is charged.  Ensure all of your CDs are ready for ROP+Combustion and go back into it again.

Get rid of that green INT trinket.  You already have a Devilsaur Shock Baton, get a Wiggling Sinew even if it's LFR.

Link your Armory.  Also list actual fights, not rankings.

If you have crit, and you follow the correct priority rotation, you should be doing near 300k or higher sustain in Heroic.

"Your opener should always be a pre-pot with a Pyro cast.  4.5 seconds before the pull.  Typically causing your second cast (fireball) to enter you into a hotstreak.  With this Hotstreak, ROP+Combustion then right into a ton of Pyros.  Using Flame On to get the most you possibly can out.  Use Fireblast x4 (with flame on) before using PF as PF has a slight delay."

This is simply not true. It's alot of different ways to open, I find that (2sec on pull timer)Pot>RoP>Time warp>Phoenix's flames> Fireblast>Combustion>Pyro>Fireblast>Pyro>flame on>fire blast>pyro>fireblast>pyro>phoenix's flame>pyro>phoenix's flame>pyro>RoP>Hardcast wrist procc if u've gotten, if not fireball (u should have another fire blast here.) etc

Edited by badfellaa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tthrack
      HELLO! We're a Horde guild on the linked realms Skullcrusher, Gul'dan and Black Dragonflight - I like to call it Dan Blackskull - sounds like a bad D&D character name.   We're looking for a holy paladin, and a warlock to take over a main raid spot. But, your experience and that you make us laugh matters to us more than the class.
      We raid 7pm to 11pm EST Monday and Sunday. We do Mythic, so this would involve a transfer. Sorry, we can't cross realm current mythic content.  Not my rule, talk to Blizzard.   If you choose to join us, be prepared for stupid jokes, too many puns, and steady progress.   We expect you to:
       • Don't bring the drama, don't be a douche.
       • Improve your own play with each attempt. We want another guild member, not a carry.
       • Be there. We raid 8 times in a month - that's it. If you can only make every Sunday, you're missing 1/2 the raids.

In return you can expect us to:
       • Work with you to try and improve
       • Not go psycho at you when you make a mistake (we might laugh)
       • Respect your time. We do not go late, I do not add days.

Ideally you'd be around 915 item level (my alt is 914 and only pugs normal. You can do it.) Being short isn't a deal breaker, but someone running at 880 is going to have a hard time making up the dps, heals, survivability (is that a word? who cares! it is now,) that is needed to justify a spot. If you're looking for someone to carry you through the raid and just soak up gear, we wish you luck elsewhere.   Comms: We use Discord for voice chat.   Loot: We roll for loot and distribute it through RCLootCouncil. Trials are permitted to roll on loot, but can only win if no one needs the loot for Main spec, the spec they are playing in the raid. Should we accept you and you join, then the trial period is over, and you have full rights to loot.   If interested, contact Tthrack#1350 (guild leader), anyone in Questionable Morality on Skullcrusher or drop a an app in on our Website QuestionableMorality.com.
      Thank you!
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Sajakain
      ► Introduction:
      <Hand of Fate> is a group of adults who enjoy raiding on a light schedule and still see content cleared. Details of our raid team and atmosphere can be found below. We're looking for like minded individuals to join us in Tomb of Sargeras!

► The Details:
      Here are some of the direct details you are probably looking for concerning our team:
      Raid Days: Tuesday and Wednesday Raid Time: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) Invites: 8:30 PM - 8:45 PM EST Current Progression: 10/10(H), 7/9(H)  
      ► What We're Looking For:
      Above all else, we're looking for the person that simply enjoys to raid. We have a couple of different ranks; one that permits the casual raider who can only show up once or twice a month and one that is made for the more dedicated - the "serious" raider, if you will. Regardless of rank, however, we expect you to enjoy raiding and have fun playing the game. More details on the differences between these ranks, and their expectations, can e found on our website.
      As far as class needs go, we're looking for 1 healer; preferably a Holy Paladin. In the DPS aspect of things, we're considering all roles but would appreciate a good Shadow Priest.

► Mythic+ Dungeons:
      We are also recruiting folks that are interested in farming Mythic+ dungeons in addition to our raiding.

► Contact Information:
      Below you will find the information you need to get in contact with us should you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, you will find the link to our website so that you can read more about us.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to finding like-minded individuals to take on Legion with us!
      BattleTag Contacts:
      Sajakain (Guild Master): Sajakain#1683 Sanat (Guild Officer): KUEng#1553 Hikari (Guild Officer): Satonaka#1280