FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Erelaun

How to handle necrotic affix

Well since eu seems to have teaming + necrotic this week on mythic+ I’d like to ask my fellow DH Tanks how they plan to handle it or have handled it in the past. My only experience with necrotic was an arcway+7 three weeks ago which was really terrible.

I read that someone who normally uses last resort uses soul barrier for that specific affixes. Anyone hase some experience with that? Is it a reliable option for necrotic? Also what’s with feed the demon? Normally I’d use soul rending  in mythic+ but with the necrotic debuff and more mobs to apply it I’m not sure if the 50% life leach is worth it.

Sadly we lack decent cc’s in our mythic+ group (except of demons, there we can cc plenty). So probably I’ll have to do a lot of jumping around and kiting the ads for a while to reset the debuff

US dealt with necrotic last week, and I will admit, it was a pain. With that said, as with any affix, a lot depends on your group makeup. Coordinated AOE Stuns can be a huge boon in dealing with this affix. That said, as a DH, we are pretty weak in the stun department, but we do have access to Sigil of Chains and Sigil of Misery which can both help to create a bit of distance, allowing the rest of your group to continue to dps mobs down, while you're out of melee range to reset your stacks.

Oddly enough, Necrotic can make some of the easiest packs much more difficult, since it does not matter how hard a mob hits, but rather simply taking the melee damage that causes the debuff to stack. My first experience with this was the trash following the first mini in VoW, I pulled the pack of 5, plus all the little demons - which are normally completely trivial - but the shear number of melee swings had me at 100% in no time. I had to drop misery and leap away and kite until the stacks were gone.

You may also have to get a bit creative as one bit of trash is nearly dead and you would normally pull straight into the next pack. Instead, when the last mob (or couple mobs in cleave situations) are nearly dead, get some space to allow the stacks to drop, but remain in range to leap to the next pack when your stacks are about to expire. Just don't jump in too early, as sometime you have a half second or so before the new mobs will engage and attack and other times it seems they will hit you before you fully land.

Overall, for my normal group (DH Tank - me, Bal Dru, Hav DH, Ret Pal & Holy Priest), necrotic was certainly a challenge on +8 and +9, but it caused us to come up with interesting solutions using class abilities that we might not normally use. We still managed to pull off the dungeons and had fun doing it...despite a few white knuckle moments smashing buttons on the keyboard trying to make the most of heals reduce by 85% with a 200k ticking dot.

Now for something completely different...US has Bolstering and Overflowing this week.

So after running a few dungeons I’d say that necrotic wasn’t as hard as I’d excepted it. We did finish a run in MOS+9 in time and I did die only one time in the whole dungeon. The dog packs are just a pain since they stack the debuff to 100% less healing in a second (at least it feels like they need only a second). The other challenging mob was the first mate before the last boss. But with two times methamorphosis and thus gaining 30% health back we managed to burn him down with no losses.

What worked well for me was: Popping cooldown after cooldown. As soon the cool downs run out and the debuffs have stacked to high (50%  or higher) I used sigil of chains and infernal strike to get away from the mobs and reset the debuff.

Sadly we than got cos+10. We managed to beat the first boss but decided to cancel the run than since its just way to much ae damage coming in and our healer (resto druid) had a hard time to keep everyone alive at the first boss. Today wer’e planning to push another mos+9 and prey to the gods to get another +10 keystone which we can actually at least finish