FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nazgu

Rogue Assa : any suggestions to up my DPS ?

Also, with such a low crit percentage you will likely have trouble maintaining uptime on Elaborate Planning (since you will have more mutilates between finishers).  Once you pass 9,000 Mastery (ish), the benefit you would gain from Master Poisoner with Agonizing Poison outweighs the damage bonus of even a 100%-uptime Elaborate Planning.

Give Master Poisoner / Agonizing Poison a try and see how it works for you, and start looking to drop Haste gear for more Crit/Mastery pieces.

Just remember, when doing M/M+ dungeons, use Deadly Poison for trash even when specced into Agonizing.  It'll pay off.  Swap back to Agonizing for bosses.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks guys for your answer i'll try it.

There is one thing i don't get, on askmrrobot, with my stuff and MP + AGO DPS is actually lower than EP + EX, is something wrong with their simulator ?

Thanks, Nazgu

19 hours ago, Nazgu said:

Hi guys,

Hope all of you are doing well !

I'm reading so much different things about the rogue assa so i'm a bit lost actually ! Could you please have a look to my profile below :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Nazgü/simple

And let me know if you see something wrong ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Nazgu

Where are you seeing to use Master Poisoner? Nobody is recommending that

Yeah, I said he should give it a try given his high mastery and low crit.  Without next-level RNG, he will struggle to keep EP up for a respectable percentage of time and his rupture damage will suffer heavily for it.

Nazgu:  Sims are fine tools, but they are not gospel.  They make a lot of assumptions that may or may not translate to reality, and you would do well to try out potential changes for yourself before dismissing them as inferior.

2 hours ago, Derby said:

Yeah, I said he should give it a try given his high mastery and low crit.  Without next-level RNG, he will struggle to keep EP up for a respectable percentage of time and his rupture damage will suffer heavily for it.

Nazgu:  Sims are fine tools, but they are not gospel.  They make a lot of assumptions that may or may not translate to reality, and you would do well to try out potential changes for yourself before dismissing them as inferior.

One of those assumptions is that people are playing the new spec properly, which people who see EP giving inferior results often aren't.

EP doesn't need to be kept up for the entire time, it should be used precisely. Sure, you want to maximise it, but you also want to save your Energy before using finishers so you can put out good amounts of damage in your EP window before resetting. 

Just a quick tip for assa in M/M+, run alacrity + MP if you need AoE damage, I've found this to be quite good for low level M+ for clearing trash, keep in mind though that outlaw still beats it out. Oh and you'll need to get as much mastery so you get more poison damage.

In terms of EP vs MP on Single Target, if EP is used properly it will out dps MP but if you are new to the spec and don't really have a grasp on pooling energy MP can give you better results the more mastery/less crit you have. 

Hi guys,

@Carrn with my actual stuff and after some tests yesterday, it appears that MP + AP i'm dealing more dmg on boss.

So you think it would be better to play EP + AP ?

Basically what's your advice with my stuff ?

Thanks in advance, Nazgu

Edit : i've done some simul on askmrrobot, it appears that EP + AP is better than MP + AP

Edited by Nazgu

Hey,

I Got 860 ilvl, weapon lvl 22, 42% crit and 108% mastery...

Actually, I don't know how to play too,

MP or EP ?

EX or Poison ?

I was running EP + Ago on ursoc HM, and only got something like 270k dps,

It looks like the best for me is MP+ago,

But with this, do we have to envenom 6cp ?

I'm in trouble haha

Heh you're not in trouble, you answered your own question!  If you are performing better with MP/AP, then run that for now.  I ran it myself until recently because I just flat out did better with it.

EP/AP outperforms it in theory, though, so practice making good use of that spec on target dummies and in mythic dungeons.  Make the switch once you feel you have a solid handle on it.

3 hours ago, Moca said:

Hey,

I Got 860 ilvl, weapon lvl 22, 42% crit and 108% mastery...

Actually, I don't know how to play too,

MP or EP ?

EX or Poison ?

I was running EP + Ago on ursoc HM, and only got something like 270k dps,

It looks like the best for me is MP+ago,

But with this, do we have to envenom 6cp ?

I'm in trouble haha

Play via Poison. Poison better, but difficult generate energy.