FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lappenforce

5.4 New trinkets

Hey everyone.

I'm not sure if you have seen the new trinkets, if not check them out on MMO Champion. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/). Have there been some calculations already or anything? Since the UVoLS nerf is confirmed I'm hoping that demo will still be viable. One trinket caught my attention while reading through:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102293-5-4-raid-normal-siege-of-orgrimmar-boss-x-loot-x

Are they serious? Imagine this proccing while LMG + Bloodlust are active on affliction. Are these numbers real yet? I'd be happy about this because trinkets like this would for sure compensate the loss of UVoLS and remove the madness when it trolls us again.

There has been no nerf of UVoLS confirmed. In fact, it's been hinted that it and Rune of Re-origination, which does for Windwalkers what UVoLS does for Demo, will suffer absolutely no changes and that it would be 'neat' for them to remain BiS through the rest of the tier.

None of the new trinkets can have any calculation done for them until values are figured out. One of the trinkets is listed that it would increase your crit damage, haste, and mastery by 84%. Guess what? That isn't making it live.

The five trinkets are listed here:

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (1) 1959 Intellect + buff to secondary stats "until cancelled"...um yeah, that tooltip isn't right.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (2) 1959 Crit rating + 9.9% chance to do 33% of what just hit. This would also be known as a 3% increase to damage overall. Boring. And the Crit sucks.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (3) 1959 Mastery + 1.61% chance to also hit all nearby targets for the same amount. This would be similar to the legendary staff from Cataclysm, but with a MUCH lower proc chance and would require nearby targets. Situational, at best.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (4) 1959 Haste + chance on spell hit to gain a buff that makes it so when you cast spells, you get stacks of Intellect in bundles of 2350, up to 23,500 Intellect. Entire proc lasts 20 seconds. This one looks EXACTLY like Dislodged Foreign Object. It'll take some testing to see what spells proc the effect, because your objective would be to get this to a 10 stack ASAP and enjoy the full buff. If it's only on spell hit and not DoT ticks, this trinket will only be good for fast casting spells such as Incinerate. Shadowbolt and Soul Fire are rather slow, Malefic Grasp is cast only once every 3-4 seconds and it's unclear if each 'hit' of MG or DS would count as a 'spell hit.' Very sexy potential, but we'll see. Not enough known yet.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) 1959 Int + 11k crit rating for 20 seconds. Not for us, ladies and gentlemen.

I've seen a blue post or even a tweet where they said they're working on it. They'll propably rework it or something because they said they don't want it to be necessary to equip a trinket from old raids or something. Jesus I've been trying to find it the last hour, maybe they deleted it? But I'm sure it was there..

You remember something very different from what I remember. I saw a blue post where he said 'what would be wrong with that? I think it's actually neat' in response to UVoLS remaining BiS. This isn't the first time this happened. No trinkets in Firelands replaced Darkmoon Card:Volcano in Cataclysm for some classes. You had a 359 being better than 391 trinkets. It happens. Remember how good that Mirror was from Tol Barad? I think until it was recently nerfed, tanks used an item level 359 trinket all the way through Dragon Soul. I'm pretty sure Shard of Woe was better than anything the rest of the expansion for some Mage specs as well as some others. Sometimes they just make a ridiculously powerful trinket.

actually, from what i've read, and seen thru evrelia's video, the nerf to uvls comes thru the new rppm system, where on boss pull trinkets will act as tho the last proc was 90 secs before..meaning you're no longer guaranteed a proc if you wait the 3-5 minutes, or decide to not dps trash before the pull. If you do a fight with uvls proc on pull, and then do the same fight without the proc on pull you can notice anywhere from 70-90k dps difference. Even more on council style fights. So its more an indirect nerf.

That would actually be a buff...

The timer reacts as if you have been in combat and haven't had a proc in so many seconds.  Going from 90 to 120 actually INCREASES the chance for trinkets to proc.  High RPPM trinkets such as Wush, Breath, and all the ones EXCEPT for UVLS will have a high chance to proc at the beginning, but 0.65 RPPM UVLS won't. 

I understand now, I had to go back and re-read the blue posts. Question, is that 0.65 RPPM UVLS...LFR? Reg? H? HTF? Is there any type of UVLS that DOESN'T suck in 5.4?

The problem that I've been looking at the last two weeks is that H-UVLS and H-Breath are the ONLY two trinkets I have. Going aff in 5.4 for 80% of the progression leaves me (starting out) kind of in a bind. H-Breath is nice, but if UVLS is taking in the teeth so badly I'm kind of screwed till I can get a new trinket. 

Additionally, is H 2/2 UVLS so bad in 5.4 that reg 2/2 Wush is better? Or the 5.2 VP trinket (not remembering its name)?

This will be my last week to score a Cha-ye or Wushoolay. I'm not loving my odds.

Locky, a 543 UVLS is still solid.  It's unfortunate you haven't acquired Wush, but we talked about that...damn people taking things and leaving.  For now, just hope that you nail Bindings relatively early.  You and I should slay Garrosh this week, so we both have 4 chances at new trinkets to replace the lesser ones on our totem pole.  I'll be replacing Breath with Bindings and Wush with Black Blood/Multistrike.  For you, I'd replace UVLS with the first trinket you get, regardless of what it is. 

The 0.65 RPPM is scaled with Haste.  Only trinkets that benefit from Haste don't get more Haste (if I understood that post correctly).  Since UVLS procs a crit chance and not a speed-up effect, it scales with Haste, but not to the point you could guarantee it to proc.  543 item level has a 115% modifier to the RPPM, so the 0.65 is actually 0.75. 

If the trinket scales with Haste, you'll multiply 0.75 by 1+your Haste.  If your Haste is 25%, calcuation would be 0.75 * 1.25 = 0.94.  If it doesn't scale with Haste, then it'll be 0.75.  Not hugely significant since the value of UVLS for Demo was a proc at the beginning with Tempus Repit, Dark Soul, prepot, etc.  Let's just hope RNG favors us so we can stash that trinket forever.