FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lutezify

Please help me out! (Fury DPS)

I've been looking at Warcraft Logs recently and I am feeling as if I could be doing much more dps, that is why I am coming to you guys.

I am totally confused as to what it is that I am doing wrong, so if you guys could shed some insight that would be lovely!

ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Thistlesmith/simple

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9701139/latest

Thank you all so much in advance, looking forward to your replies!

Some small things I notice from your Nythendra parse:

1. Your opener is a bit off. It should be Charge--->Avatar--->Dragon Roar--->Battle Cry--->Odyn's Fury--->Bloodthirst, then into the rest of the rotation. This gets OF a guaranteed crit ticking away right off the bat, and BT crit to proc Enrage.

2. Pot up. I get a 12-14% dps boost on minimal-movement fights with Old War.

3. You got parried & blocked a lot, so your positioning is off. Stand farther away from her front side.

4. If you aren't already, try and sync Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury whenever so OF always crits.

5. Generally, just watch your cooldowns and try and keep as much uptime on Avatar/OF/DR as possible.

5 hours ago, Corbuusier said:

Some small things I notice from your Nythendra parse:

1. Your opener is a bit off. It should be Charge--->Avatar--->Dragon Roar--->Battle Cry--->Odyn's Fury--->Bloodthirst, then into the rest of the rotation. This gets OF a guaranteed crit ticking away right off the bat, and BT crit to proc Enrage.

2. Pot up. I get a 12-14% dps boost on minimal-movement fights with Old War.

3. You got parried & blocked a lot, so your positioning is off. Stand farther away from her front side.

4. If you aren't already, try and sync Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury whenever so OF always crits.

5. Generally, just watch your cooldowns and try and keep as much uptime on Avatar/OF/DR as possible.

I do appreciate your reply. Very much so, however I was under the impression that I was doing something drastically wrong seeing as there are people parsing well over 300k, a number that I can't even seem to scratch.

Yeah, there ARE a handful of Fury warrior parses over 300k dps, but that isn't really indicative of where the spec is generally at right now. Those parses tend to be top 95-100% of fury warriors, which are geared-to-hell raiders in guilds farming bleeding edge content, on top of just having a really good fight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corbuusier said:

Yeah, there ARE a handful of Fury warrior parses over 300k dps, but that isn't really indicative of where the spec is generally at right now. Those parses tend to be top 95-100% of fury warriors, which are geared-to-hell raiders in guilds farming bleeding edge content, on top of just having a really good fight.

Fair enough, I really do appreciate your replies homie. Makes me a feel a bit better.

On 10/20/2016 at 2:28 PM, Corbuusier said:

I thought it was better to use Bloodthirst before OF in the opener, as that would get an auto enrage, plus guaranteed crit from OF, plus the extra dmg from enrage through mastery.

That would go Charge --> Avatar --> Dragon Roar --> (wait for global cooldown to get a little bit extra out of Battle Cry) --> Battle Cry --> Bloodthirst --> Odyn's Fury.

Also if you use Potion of the Old War right before the boss is aggroed it will go on cooldown and you can use it again later in the fight (for lust or execute phase).

Edited by Khula
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Khula said:

I thought it was better to use Bloodthirst before OF in the opener, as that would get an auto enrage, plus guaranteed crit from OF, plus the extra dmg from enrage through mastery.

That would go Charge --> Avatar --> Dragon Roar --> (wait for global cooldown to get a little bit extra out of Battle Cry) --> Battle Cry --> Bloodthirst --> Odyn's Fury.

Also if you use Potion of the Old War right before the boss is aggroed it will go on cooldown and you can use it again later in the fight (for lust or execute phase).

Sounds like my current setup, just not prepotting at the moment.

Hey there,

I've been maining Fury this xpac, and in previous xpacs I mained Prot and off-spec'd Fury. I am the type of player that enjoys researching how to play my class and spec most efficiently, and from what I have gathered the rotation below outputs the highest DPS. I use this rotation and I manage to perform within the top percentile on fights like Ursoc.

Opener Rotation: Charge > Avatar + Dragon Roar > Battlecry + Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow

In this single target scenario, you do not want to use Rampage. Rampage forces a 1.5 second GCD and prevents you from fitting in the extra GCD within your Battlecry window. Keep in mind that most of the time you won't manage to pull this off unless you macro Battlecry + Bloodthirst, have low latency and have high enough haste, so it may be better to throw Rampage in the end instead of Raging Blow if you do not have enough haste and didn't Enrage from the Bloodthirst. From this point, you will continue your single target rotation until Dragon Roar comes up (25 second CD). Your CD rotation should appear as follows:

1st CD rotation - Avatar + Dragon Roar > Battle Cry + Bloodthirst > Odyn's Fury
2nd CD rotation - Dragon Roar
3rd CD rotation - Dragon Roar > Battle Cry + Bloodthirst > Odyn's Fury
4th CD rotation - Dragon Roar (Avatar will be up at this time, but save it to sync with Battle Cry)
Rotation starts over (see "1st CD Rotation")

A quick rotation recap: Avatar + DR > BC + BT > RB > OF > BT > RB

The reason behind using Raging Blow first is to fit in the extra Raging Blow before the end of Battle Cry. If you were to use Odyn's Fury first, you would follow up with Raging Blow, then Bloodthirst, and then have to hit Furious Slash because everything else is on cooldown. You do not want to have to hit Furious Slash. It is a DPS loss and only used as a filler when nothing else can be used. Also, it should never be used twice (you won't ever have to).

I recommend macro'ing Avatar & Dragon Roar, as you will only be hitting Avatar with Dragon Roar anyways. Also, you can try macro'ing Battle Cry with Bloodthirst. All of this ensures that you sync the GCDs up as close as possible to minimize lag and reduce the amount of haste you need as a result. Remember to avoid Rampage during Battle Cry as it forces a fixed 1.5 second GCD that cannot be reduced by haste.

I did not check your logs because I am on a crappy connection at the time of writing, but ensure that you are using the Massacre talent for your execute phase. Icy-Veins explains the rotation effectively in the Fury guide. Once you have the artifact traits that synergize with this talent it becomes quite powerful.

• Like 1

You might want to switch up that rotation depending on the amount of haste you have. I am running with:

Charge --> Avatar --> Dragon Roar --> (wait for global cooldown to get a little bit extra out of Battle Cry) --> Battle Cry --> Bloodthirst --> Raging Blow --> Odyn's Fury --> Bloodthirst --> Raging Blow.

Squeezing that Raging Blow before Odyn's Fury allows you to squeeze another one at the end of Battle cry.