FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ommie

Frost RA advice

So I want to try RA as I'm a fair way off the mastery supposedly needed to make FS superior - however, I can't find any good info on which talents to take with it, is it the same as machine gun with FS i.e. glacial advance etc?

Also, lots of talk RE: stats for RA - are people generally taking crit to 30%, haste to 20% and then Mastery?

What does the AOE build then look like minus FS and how many mobs do you need to make it worth deviating from single target?

Thanks!

Edited by Ommie

1 hour ago, Ommie said:

So I want to try RA as I'm a fair way off the mastery supposedly needed to make FS superior - however, I can't find any good info on which talents to take with it, is it the same as machine gun with FS i.e. glacial advance etc?

Also, lots of talk RE: stats for RA - are people generally taking crit to 30%, haste to 20% and then Mastery?

What does the AOE build then look like minus FS and how many mobs do you need to make it worth deviating from single target?

Thanks!

Your stat priority is basically correct. Haste crit is the big thing for OBRA Playstyle. Talent is more or less identical except obviously taking runic atenuation instead of frostscythe. The other is that you may find ice cap to be better than avalanche.  You will want to self sim yourself. Just fart around on a target dummy, if avalanche is less than 1% of your dps or even below 4-5% you may want to consider switching to icecap. As far as AOE i'd honestly say switch to frostscythe for any sort of cleave encounter. However, if sticking purely with OBRA we still use frozen pulse. So, pop remorseless winter, glacial advance, Obliterate spam for rime procs, howling blast on rime proc, profit. You may want to hard cast a howling blast at pull to get diseases ticking, otherwise, as noted. 

14 hours ago, Ommie said:

Great, thanks Demonadvark!

S'why I'm here :D

m4ym42-m4ym2etacobelldoritostacosingle.j

There was literally no point in this taco, I just felt like posting something silly here :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Your stat priority is basically correct. Haste crit is the big thing for OBRA Playstyle. Talent is more or less identical except obviously taking runic atenuation instead of frostscythe. The other is that you may find ice cap to be better than avalanche.  You will want to self sim yourself. Just fart around on a target dummy, if avalanche is less than 1% of your dps or even below 4-5% you may want to consider switching to icecap. As far as AOE i'd honestly say switch to frostscythe for any sort of cleave encounter. However, if sticking purely with OBRA we still use frozen pulse. So, pop remorseless winter, glacial advance, Obliterate spam for rime procs, howling blast on rime proc, profit. You may want to hard cast a howling blast at pull to get diseases ticking, otherwise, as noted. 

But if we play OBRA wouldnt we take Obliteration instead of Glacial Advance ? 

23 minutes ago, Julosch said:

But if we play OBRA wouldnt we take Obliteration instead of Glacial Advance ? 

no not always believe it or not. The issue is frozen pulse. We need to have zero runes activated and we need to be blowing frost strike frequently in order to keep up icy talons. The issue with obliteration is that it requires some set up. We have to have at least 3 runes that are off CD or will be shortly and about 50 rune power min to get it going. Its a very high finesse playstyle and the rewards are not as huge. Versus GA scales very well with our mastery and it gives us a strong 1 rune spender in order to keep up frozen pulse. Now, next week with the change to frozen pulse, obliteration will become much easier to utilize, from there it comes down to your stats as which ability is better. 

• Like 1

Ok, can you tell me what the changes to frozen pulls are? cant find em! Thank you

Nvm found it!

Edited by Julosch