Zadina

Arcane, Frost and Affliction Buffs in the Latest PTR Build

Sign in to follow this  

23 posts in this topic

8mmfHge.jpg

Build 22864 was added yesterday on the Public Test Realm, bringing some of the 7.1 class balance changes.

The promised buffs to both Frost Death Knights and Mages are part of this build. Arcane Mages and Affliction Warlocks also got some love, while the previous change to Retribution Paladins' Crusade was reverted after a petition on the forums and on Reddit. The biggest nerf wasn't to a specific class, but to Alchemists since they can now create a batch of 10 of the new potions instead of 20!

Specifically, the class balance changes of Build 22864 include:

Death Knight

  • Howling Blast and Obliterate damage increased for Frost Death Knights.

Hunter

  • An 11% decrease to Aimed Shot damage.

Mage

  • Arcane: Boosts to Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles and Arcane Orb, but to balance it out the mana cost for the former two spells has been increased.
  • Fire: Pyroblast damage was nerfed from 400 to 376% Spell Power damage. An intresting change was the boost to Flamestrike and Dragon's Breath damage.
  • Frost: The spec received the biggest amount of buffs in this build.

Paladin

  • After a series of long threads on the official forums and on Reddit, the previous 7.1 Crusade change was reverted. Crusade should now work as it did before. We did it, Reddit!

Priest

  • Small adjustments for Discipline.
  • Lots of tweaks to Shadow: some buffs, some nerfs, but the overall feeling leans towards the "nerfs" side.

Warlock

  • Affliction should feel stronger now! Buffs to Agony, Corruption and Unstable Affliction.

Warrior

  • For Fury, the increase to damage taken from Enrage has been lowered. The Warpaint talent has been changed so that you take only 15% (from 20%) increased damage from Enrage.

 

Since there are no patch notes, you can check the detailed numerical changes on MMO-Champion or Wowhead; data from both of these sites was used as a primary source for this article. Bear in mind some of the "balance changes" are just tooltip fixes or bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unholy is getting small buffs as well, Death coil damage is being increased but its ultimately statistically irrelevant.

The frost changes are nice but they are ultimately a bandaid. It will mitigate some problems now but later in expac we'll still see same issues re-appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Ret player, while I'm happy Crusade was reverted, I still want them to introduce the 7.1 version of Crusade in the future. That Crusade playstyle is very similar to what we had in MoP and WoD when we still had Hammer of Wrath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Maruken said:

As a Ret player, while I'm happy Crusade was reverted, I still want them to introduce the 7.1 version of Crusade in the future. That Crusade playstyle is very similar to what we had in MoP and WoD when we still had Hammer of Wrath.

I assume you'd want it slightly reworked before being implemented? How would you change it if you would?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm happy Affliction is getting buffed, I'd much rather know whether they're going to rework the three Warlock specs at all. They're not great. At all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Weltenfeind said:

While I'm happy Affliction is getting buffed, I'd much rather know whether they're going to rework the three Warlock specs at all. They're not great. At all.

I think a big rework is very unlikely at this stage of the expansion, just smaller changes. It's unfortunate, but you'll probably have to wait for a big pre-patch or new expansion for them to change a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I think a big rework is very unlikely at this stage of the expansion, just smaller changes. It's unfortunate, but you'll probably have to wait for a big pre-patch or new expansion for them to change a lot.

That's what I figure, which is why I'm letting my sub run out. I'm just done. There were plenty of feedback during alpha and beta on serveral classes and it was ignored. So I guess you could go back to my other post you quoted and mark it as "not completed". :p

 

Edit: I'm not saying the expansion is bad. I still think they did a good job with Legion as a whole. It's just if my class isn't satisfying to play, I really couldn't be bothered.

Edited by Weltenfeind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

I'm not saying the expansion is bad. I still think they did a good job with Legion as a whole. It's just if my class isn't satisfying to play, I really couldn't be bothered.

I honestly had this issue with my first class rolls. I've just been levelling characters trying to find something I honestly enjoy. It wasn't what I intended, but I've now given up on my main of 11+ years (Warrior) to pursue playing Monk/DH. I absolutely love it. I honestly don't think I could swap off to another class now, these 2 are just perfect. 

It might be worth checking out another class before it runs out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I honestly had this issue with my first class rolls. I've just been levelling characters trying to find something I honestly enjoy. It wasn't what I intended, but I've now given up on my main of 11+ years (Warrior) to pursue playing Monk/DH. I absolutely love it. I honestly don't think I could swap off to another class now, these 2 are just perfect. 

It might be worth checking out another class before it runs out?

The thing is: I have a warrior up now, but it's not that appealing to me because Fury was what I played before, and it's not really doing super well either. I have a rogue as well, which I used to main, but this expansion I felt like I needed to play ranged because I've always been melee. And the fantasy of Warlock is exaclty what I love, and it feels kind of awful to want to play the idea of a class but the specs/reality don't exactly measure up. Warlock is the only ranged class that appeals to me.

Edit: I know it seems like I'm being stubborn, but I've essentially done the same as you: I leveled my rogue first, then warrior, then warlock and then a balance druid. Maybe it's just WoW fatigue.

Edited by Weltenfeind
Additions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blainie said:

I assume you'd want it slightly reworked before being implemented? How would you change it if you would?

Sorry for late reply, I'm not on here much.

I really like the Judgment variation of Crusade, and I don't think it needs changing. What I would do though is give players a choice between the two Crusades. Holy Wrath is already next to useless in PvE, we could send it to the PvP tree and have the Judgment Crusade take its place on the PvE tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 3:20 PM, Weltenfeind said:

I know it seems like I'm being stubborn, but I've essentially done the same as you: I leveled my rogue first, then warrior, then warlock and then a balance druid. Maybe it's just WoW fatigue.

I understand the feeling, it can be really horrible to just keep trying out different classes. Maybe it's worth trying out a Demon Hunter? The lore isn't exactly the same as a Warlock, but it does hold some similarities. They play fairly nicely, they're not in a bad spot right now, they have some fun utility.. It might be worth a last try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maruken said:

Sorry for late reply, I'm not on here much.

I really like the Judgment variation of Crusade, and I don't think it needs changing. What I would do though is give players a choice between the two Crusades. Holy Wrath is already next to useless in PvE, we could send it to the PvP tree and have the Judgment Crusade take its place on the PvE tree.

No worries! :)

A good suggestion, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I understand the feeling, it can be really horrible to just keep trying out different classes. Maybe it's worth trying out a Demon Hunter? The lore isn't exactly the same as a Warlock, but it does hold some similarities. They play fairly nicely, they're not in a bad spot right now, they have some fun utility.. It might be worth a last try!

Honestly speaking, it might be stubborness. Because it annoys me to no end that the feedback was given during alpha and beta, and it was also ignored. I honestly haven't spoken to a single warlock yet who likes any of the specs, though someone probably likes them. :p

I played the DH during beta, and actually liked the utility and mobility, but the dashing thing also got annoying for me in the rotation. Maybe I'll retry it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

Honestly speaking, it might be stubborness. Because it annoys me to no end that the feedback was given during alpha and beta, and it was also ignored. I honestly haven't spoken to a single warlock yet who likes any of the specs, though someone probably likes them. :p

I played the DH during beta, and actually liked the utility and mobility, but the dashing thing also got annoying for me in the rotation. Maybe I'll retry it.

I can understand your frustration, it does suck to feel like you're not being listened to, I agree. I really think it's worth giving that DH a try before giving up though! Let me know how it goes!

I really hope it does work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant seem to find the Build 22864 patch notes anywhere but so far from the above it looks like Fury warrior will go from bottom five dps to the bottom!  At least theres always that other spec that Blizzard hates to keep us company at the bottom, Ele Shaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DaltonIsPanda said:

God, they really hate MM. Don't they?

They will until it's a Mage spec! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Snichy said:

I cant seem to find the Build 22864 patch notes anywhere but so far from the above it looks like Fury warrior will go from bottom five dps to the bottom!  At least theres always that other spec that Blizzard hates to keep us company at the bottom, Ele Shaman.

Hopefully once Nighthold hits, Fury will skyrocket to the top!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2016 at 6:17 AM, Blainie said:

I can understand your frustration, it does suck to feel like you're not being listened to, I agree. I really think it's worth giving that DH a try before giving up though! Let me know how it goes!

I really hope it does work out.

Well, I stuck to my Demo Warlock. It's ok, but not super appealing, however after the 7.1.5 announcement at Blizzcon with them taking a pass at class talents and rotations I'm definitely more optimistic about the future of Legion and WoW as whole. Shows they're atleast trying and listening. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weltenfeind said:

Well, I stuck to my Demo Warlock. It's ok, but not super appealing, however after the 7.1.5 announcement at Blizzcon with them taking a pass at class talents and rotations I'm definitely more optimistic about the future of Legion and WoW as whole. Shows they're atleast trying and listening. ^^

Glad to hear that you stuck around! I can only hope the changes are what you're looking for :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      It's time for Burning Crusade & Black Temple Timewalking! Players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 48, a new Argus world boss is up and Hallow's End is here until November 1.
      Artifact Knowledge Level 48
      All players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 48. By the time Antorus opens, it will be easy to catch up on your Artifact level to unlock all Netherlight Crucible slots.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming Quaking Fortified Argus World Boss
      Mistress Alluradel is up this week. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for a bonus roll. All Argus world bosses in Greater Invasion Points drop ilvl 930 loot. More details can be found in our Greater Rift guide here. Argus Weekly Quests
      Fuel of a Doomed World: Collect 50 Pristine Argunite from Invasion Points, Rare encounters, or treasure chests on Argus to receive 300 Veiled Argunite. Invasion Onslaught: Complete 3 Invasion Points to get 200 Veiled Argunite. Burning Crusade Timewalking (Oct 17 - 24)
      While this event is active, players level 71 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales playrs and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Burning Crusade Expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player's natural level. During Burning Crusade Timewalking, you may assemble a raid group of between 10 and 30 players, travel to Shattrath City in Outland, and speak with Vormu to access a Timewalking version of the Black Temple raid. Complete 5 Timewalking dungeons for the weekly quest "A Shrouded Path Through Time". Rewards: Accolade of Victory (Artifact Power token) Cache of Fel Treasures (1 piece of item level 900 loot from Tomb) 1 Seal of Broken Fate Timewalking items now have a base item level of 880, so they're good for gearing up alts. All Timewalking dungeons have a small chance to drop Reins of the Infinite Timereaver (personal loot). Let's not forget about Black Temple Timewalking! Demon Hunters can once again obtain Arsenal: The Warglaives of Azzinoth from I'll Hold These For You Until You Get Out. Hallow's End (Oct 18 - Nov 1)
      Hallow's End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to whomever asks. You can get a new pet this year - Naxxy. Learn what's new in Hallow's End 2017. PvP Brawl: Packed House (Oct 17 - 24)
      In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle. Win a PvP Brawl for "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy. World Boss Withered J'm
      Search for the  DEADLY: Withered J'im quest in Azsuna.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Cave Skulker's Helm Dingy Suramar Mercantile Signet Drape of the Mana-Starved Magic-Warped Hood Mana Scavenger's Mask Manacrystal-Adorned Helmet Unstable Arcanocrystal
    • By Stan

      Hallow's End starts in World of Warcraft this week. What's new this year?
      Hallow's End 2017 Update (Oct 18 - Nov 1)
      You can now queue up for the Headless Horseman at lower levels, so the chances of getting The Horseman's Reins mount are better than last year. You can transmogrify holiday-themed gear throughout the event. A new pet has been added this year. Naxxy is a mini version of Naxxramas. You can purchase it for 150 Tricky Treats. It's BoE, and you can sell it. Headless Horseman's loot will be updated to item level 880. Naxxy Abilities
      Plague Breath (Level 1) Sticky Web (Level 2) Leech Life (Level 4) Death Coil (Level 10) Frost Nova (Level 15) Drain Blood (Level 20)
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 9/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By Beautyman
      You read that correctly, one of the most iconic and long-standing guilds within the realms of Quel’Thalas and Azjol’Nerub is looking for new players to bolster its Mythic ranks.
      Tell me more, tell me more!
      Scion is a longstanding World of Warcraft guild consisting of both social and raiding players. We are a group of friendly people that are open for any player who is looking to improve his or her performance in the game while having an enjoyable stay. 
      Did you get very far?
      Our guild is currently progressing through the Mythic version of Tomb of Sargeras whilst preparing for the opening of Antorus. We aim to get as much progress as possible before rushing into the new raiding content.
      Enough Grease. Time for some raiding information.
      We currently raid on Wednesdays and Sundays from 8PM-11PM server time with a raiding team that is constantly evolving into a strong example of leadership and teamwork. If you are looking to be part of this experience we are definitely looking for you!
      What are the requirements?
      Preferably, you already have experience with Mythic raiding and obviously with raiding itself. The core requirement of Scion is that you are a well-organized player who can tend to the needs of a Mythic raiding team. Those needs consist of hard work, being self-critical and have a determined slash patient mindset.
      What’s in it for me?
      The guild offers you an enjoyable and memorable time within the World of Warcraft. We are friendly bunch of social talkers who take joy out of a little banter from time to time. However, we strive to be as professional and hard-working as possible during raid hours and any time it takes to prepare for the challenge that raiding offers. Obviously, we look to provide assistance within this preparation by supplying resources and valuable information.
      You won me over. I’m in it, to win it. Ha-ha.
      That’s great! We are always eager to get in touch with curious and interested possible new recruits. Please contact one of the officers or guild master by adding either one of the following people: Bossly#2272 or Beautyman#2868
    • By Stan

      Earn extra gold during Hallow's End from farming Coin of Many Faces in Shadowmoon Valley!
      Coin of Many Faces transforms you into a random Garrison follower for 1 hour. The item is very popular and it can be farmed only during Hallow's End. The farming spot is in Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor). The mobs are located on a small island (40, 83).
      Map

      (Source)
      Coin of Many Faces can be looted from the following creatures:
      Boneship Reveler Brackish Cultivator Captain Bonerender Growing Squashling Salty Dreg The mobs will despawn after Hallow's End ends on November 1. Do not sell the coins right away, as there will be an influx in supply. Sell them at a higher price after Hallow's End is over.