FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Watermasta

Missing FFB

Any of you mages out there missing the ole Frostfire Bolt spec that was very popular at the beginning of Wrath?

I may have some rose tinted glasses on. I just thought it was so cool to have a spell that was affected by both your frost and fire talents. Having a high crit modifier on it AND it procs ignite? Loveeddd it!!!!

What were some of your favorite specs throughout the years? What about your least favorite?

My least favorite has to be the 40/0/21 spec Arcane spec during the Trial of the Crusader where you were an Arcane mage w/o SLOW and you relied upon your tank to snare the target for the additional damage modifier. Plus Arcane spec at that time was sooooo boring!!! 1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.2 BURNNNNN PHASE!!!!! 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.

Edited by Watermasta

Tis true. However, It's not like the days of yore where you increased it's damage and crit modifier with both your fire and frost talents. I'm pretty sure you took Icy Veins as well. You had BIGGG crits (for it's time) plus had a rolling ignite.

Well they did that back then just because it was the shiny new spell for mages, so Blizzard made it so we all wanted to use it lol.

As Mortanius said, you can glyph it for cool animation and big crits as fire. ;) And it also makes ignite effect.

Or, as a frost mage you will see HUUGE crits without ignites. Tho, you will only use it with procs, not as a filler.

But it is my favourite spell as well. It looks very very nice and it indicates how awesome the mages are. We can use the water and fire element at the same time, spicing it with a bit of arcane. We're just awesome. Just have a look at Jaina.. :) She's my favourite character... :D