FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Smidgette

Looking to increase Blood dps

13 hours ago, Smidgette said:

Currently 875 ilvl looking to get a little more out of the gear, wanted to see if someone could see where I could be falling short, whether its the rotation or stats.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Smidgetté/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13887501/latest/

Thanks!

I mean as a tank dps really isn't something you should care about all that much. However, everything you listed is actually irrelevant to the discussion at hand, you'd actually want to get a screenshot of your artifact weapon progression tree. Mouth of hell is basically THE blood dk dps trait. TLDR you summon 2 weapons during dancing rune weapon, this lets you apply 3 stacks of disease, get 3 times the bone shield stacks, and attack 3 times with heart strike. It's basically a very strong survival cooldown and is a good dps increase if you use it right (cough one blood boil then heart strike spam cough). The next big one actually as synergy with that and its coagulopathy, makes blood plague do more damage, well with three stacks that should be obvious. Last big one is veinrender which increases heartstrike damage, again DRW combo.

However, this is just pointing out the abilities that will increase your damage. If you seek out dps traits first and only as Blood then frankly you are doing it wrong, its not intelligent to go that way, (albeit I do recommend mouth of hell its just amazing) however that's how you get more damage by using DRW offensively. Aside from that it shouldn't be something you seek really. It could come at the cost of survivability and a dead tank is a useless tank. 

However, if he's 875, he should be just about maxed out on his artifact weapon. Yeah, mouth of hell is bloody awesome. Besides the talents you mentioned, the blood shield trait actually boosts damage pretty well, as it's a buff to our strongest damaging ability. 

The biggest thing to me to increase your DPS would be to drop a little mastery and try to get your haste at 27% before Boneshield (about 8880 haste rating).

• Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 8:02 AM, Rylad said:

The biggest thing to me to increase your DPS would be to drop a little mastery and try to get your haste at 27% before Boneshield (about 8880 haste rating).

A dash of haste and a sprinkle of crit.