FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nukol

Looking to come back

Hi everyone,

I'm a lapsed player who dabbled with WoD but am looking to come back for raiding / mythic dungeons as either a fire mage or resto shaman. I do have a few questions to throw out to the community to help with my decision however:

Which class would I have an easier time getting into a raiding guild with?

Which class has a steeper learning curve?

Which class has a more forgiving rotation for a lapsed player?

Thanks!

There's no need to open a second topic about the same thing, especially not within a day of the first post (and iirc, this is actually the third of this topic you've opened, as I deleted your second post in the PvE sub forum since it was a duplicate thread).  People will answer, just give it time.  Forums are meant as a way to get answers over a stretch of time, vs a chat room where people are constantly monitoring for new messages.  Do know that you can always do the class trials to find out which class/spec you enjoy more (which should always be the deciding factor in what you play, the only exception is if you are in a top 100 world guild, but by then I don't think you would be posting here asking).  

As far as answering your questions, if you are dead-set on Fire Mage or Resto Shaman, I can't say too much, as I haven't played either of them.  I can say that Monks are doing pretty good right now though.  Windwalker is a very fun spec to play while not being too difficult overall (hardest thing is not using any ability twice in a row to keep up Hit Combo), and Mistweaver is an excellent healer.  Brewmaster, however, is rather complex to pick up and performs worse than other tanks at a similar skill level (it is still doable, but it's not as good).  

On 10/22/2016 at 4:02 AM, Nukol said:

Which class would I have an easier time getting into a raiding guild with?

Depends entirely on the guild. I'd say you're more likely to find a healing spot, though.

Which class has a steeper learning curve?

Depends on the player. Healing can be VERY tough to learn for players. Have you healed before? I'd generally say Fire is easier to learn at the start.

Which class has a more forgiving rotation for a lapsed player?

Well, Mage. If you mess up on Shaman, someone dies. If you mess up on Mage, your DPS goes down slightly.

I like to think about healing like the old game "Wack a Mole" (Even the Darkmoon Faire game :-))

As a healer you have to watch everyones health.  You have to watch your own health and watch where you are standing.

DBM - Deadly Boss Mod will help you get your self out off the poo.  But not everyone else unless they have it installed.

Any DPS has 2 things to do.  Attack the boss and stay out of the poo (Be alive).  If you are dead you are doing "0" DPS.  

On 10/26/2016 at 2:47 PM, forsettii said:

I like to think about healing like the old game "Wack a Mole" (Even the Darkmoon Faire game :-))

I like that analogy, especially if you play a Holy Paladin. It's a game of "which person do I smack with my Holy Shock"