FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ef001730

Relics: Vendetta vs. Rupture

So after speaking to many rogues and also doing some simulations it seems people are suddenly leaning towards vendetta CDR relics which I don't understand tbh. I was under the impression that rupture damage was king as shown in the IV guide and so I slowly worked towards 3 rupture damage relics (while replacing some decent vendetta CDR relics in the process) and now I have 3 rupture damage relics between 840-850 item level. Is it worth it to go out and spam those mythics/heroics/mythic+'s to again farm for vendetta relics or should I stick with what I have until I get drops worthy of putting in. I'm just trying to figure out like which is better and let's say for example vendetta is better, how much item level on the relic are you supposed to drop just to get a vendetta relic in there over the rupture damage ones. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks all

On 22/10/2016 at 9:44 AM, ef001730 said:

So after speaking to many rogues and also doing some simulations it seems people are suddenly leaning towards vendetta CDR relics which I don't understand tbh. I was under the impression that rupture damage was king as shown in the IV guide and so I slowly worked towards 3 rupture damage relics (while replacing some decent vendetta CDR relics in the process) and now I have 3 rupture damage relics between 840-850 item level. Is it worth it to go out and spam those mythics/heroics/mythic+'s to again farm for vendetta relics or should I stick with what I have until I get drops worthy of putting in. I'm just trying to figure out like which is better and let's say for example vendetta is better, how much item level on the relic are you supposed to drop just to get a vendetta relic in there over the rupture damage ones. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks all

The Vendetta relics are very very strong if you have 3 of them. Without 3 of them their value is diminished pretty heavily.

All in all I'm not really sure it's worth actively farming for them unless you end up finding one or two that are a decent item level. In terms of single relics, the Rupture damage ones are still far and away the strongest

Ah I see, also my artifact pathing is messed up, im at 28 traits and don't have the vendetta CDR traits (I don't know what I was smoking). So I figure for me vendetta relics are probably not an upgrade, I'll start building them up though, I already have on item Lev 850 in my bank, once I have 3 of them I'll simulate and if I still don't see improvements I'll just wait until I get my vendetta artifact trait then put the relics in. Thanks for the info man, confusing stuff. 

Just now, ef001730 said:

Ah I see, also my artifact pathing is messed up, im at 28 traits and don't have the vendetta CDR traits (I don't know what I was smoking). So I figure for me vendetta relics are probably not an upgrade, I'll start building them up though, I already have on item Lev 850 in my bank, once I have 3 of them I'll simulate and if I still don't see improvements I'll just wait until I get my vendetta artifact trait then put the relics in. Thanks for the info man, confusing stuff. 

It's really only strong under the assumption that you have those 3 points already. 

Going from 2 minutes to 1:30 cooldown is nice, but going down to 1 minute means you have Vendetta up 33% of the time, and can line that time up with a Vanish-buffed Rupture every other cast. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carrn said:

It's really only strong under the assumption that you have those 3 points already. 

Going from 2 minutes to 1:30 cooldown is nice, but going down to 1 minute means you have Vendetta up 33% of the time, and can line that time up with a Vanish-buffed Rupture every other cast. 

Got it, artifact traits and then relics. Good to know I'm at least not being gimped by replacing my vendetta relics with rupture damage ones earlier :) 

On 10/24/2016 at 11:50 AM, Carrn said:

Hey Carrn, just a quick question, do you think it is worth it for me to spend 240k AP (I'm at AK 10) to change my tree from the first link to the second link. I feel like it is probably beneficial as the sprint cdr, cloak cdr and evasion/step traits don't really do much for dps do they? 

First link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/rogue/assassination/JVhhIrAUMDFEAxRQMUYDFHAxSAMUsDFMARTQEU4BFRARWgEVsBT8AQ

Second link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/rogue/assassination/JQ6FIrAUMDFEAxRQMUcDFIAxSgMUsDFMARTgEU8BFRARWgEVsBT8AQ

7 hours ago, ef001730 said:

Hey Carrn, just a quick question, do you think it is worth it for me to spend 240k AP (I'm at AK 10) to change my tree from the first link to the second link. I feel like it is probably beneficial as the sprint cdr, cloak cdr and evasion/step traits don't really do much for dps do they? 

First link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/rogue/assassination/JVhhIrAUMDFEAxRQMUYDFHAxSAMUsDFMARTQEU4BFRARWgEVsBT8AQ

Second link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/rogue/assassination/JQ6FIrAUMDFEAxRQMUcDFIAxSgMUsDFMARTgEU8BFRARWgEVsBT8AQ

Probably worth it. The CoS and SStep ones give you almost nothing, and you're picking up your 3rd gold trait in the process

On 25/10/2016 at 7:50 PM, Carrn said:

Probably worth it. The CoS and SStep ones give you almost nothing, and you're picking up your 3rd gold trait in the process

Well i get my third gold trait either way, with or without respeccing but I think I will in fact respec, thanks mate.

On 10/23/2016 at 5:31 PM, Carrn said:

The Vendetta relics are very very strong if you have 3 of them. Without 3 of them their value is diminished pretty heavily.

Now. Say if I were to have the boots that reduce the CD per energy spent, would that increase or decrease the value of the relics?

5 hours ago, Sayonara said:

Now. Say if I were to have the boots that reduce the CD per energy spent, would that increase or decrease the value of the relics?

I'm honestly not sure. I guess it depends whether or not you're able to line Vanish and / or your other cooldowns up with it. A 45s CD on Vendetta would be strong with Exsang and Kingsbane, and less than that would stack nicely with your standard Agonizing Poison build.

16 hours ago, Sayonara said:

Hmm that's a tricky one! I think sims should be able to show us which relics are more valuable with those boots equipped