FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
wsaedmd

Help with performance, Enh Shaman

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask if someone could help me read my logs, as while I feel I always do respectable dps, and my upkeep on buffs seems decent, I always and up low in ranking. And I don't really understand why. Can you help me improve? This HC Ursoc encounter is an example, my upkeep and dps seem good to me, and I can't figure out why I rank low.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h94jcCWwq8D2aPT7#fight=2&source=6&view=rankings

I didn't hate my dps on this HC Nythendra fight either, but I'm still not satisfied with the ranking.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h94jcCWwq8D2aPT7#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=6

Thanks for any suggestion!

Link your Amory next time that really helps me out :)

Alright to sort through this: 

Your rotation and uptime is fine from I see however there are some major things I noticed.

- Your trinkets, while I guess you can make some sort of argument for unstable crystal I do not believe it to ever be on part with things like Momento of angerboda, nightmare eggshell, I forget the one from last boss in arcway, and the trinket from ursoc. Those trinkets should be in your sights and you should be running head first after them because that second trinket you have, "Ravaged Seed Pod" is most certainly not helping you out in the least.

- Your choice of gear, you seem to have a large amount of Crit and relatively low Mastery because of it. I don't know if you are taking loot and assuming it's an upgrade via item lvl or if it's the only thing available so far but it is also worth going again into mythics to replace things like your chest right away that has no Mastery or even haste on it. 

- Your food buff. Your food buff needs not to be Mastery on single target fights it needs to be pepper breath. It even scales off your Mastery which makes each other more important.

TL:DR: Fix your trinkets out of the ones above, replace all your pieces that don't have Mastery and haste as much as possible, and start using pepper breath food (i.e. fishbrul special)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kargar said:

Link your Amory next time that really helps me out :)

Alright to sort through this: 

Your rotation and uptime is fine from I see however there are some major things I noticed.

- Your trinkets, while I guess you can make some sort of argument for unstable crystal I do not believe it to ever be on part with things like Momento of angerboda, nightmare eggshell, I forget the one from last boss in arcway, and the trinket from ursoc. Those trinkets should be in your sights and you should be running head first after them because that second trinket you have, "Ravaged Seed Pod" is most certainly not helping you out in the least.

- Your choice of gear, you seem to have a large amount of Crit and relatively low Mastery because of it. I don't know if you are taking loot and assuming it's an upgrade via item lvl or if it's the only thing available so far but it is also worth going again into mythics to replace things like your chest right away that has no Mastery or even haste on it. 

- Your food buff. Your food buff needs not to be Mastery on single target fights it needs to be pepper breath. It even scales off your Mastery which makes each other more important.

TL:DR: Fix your trinkets out of the ones above, replace all your pieces that don't have Mastery and haste as much as possible, and start using pepper breath food (i.e. fishbrul special)

Hope this helps.

Ah, sorry about the armory!

So, regarding gear, it's a mix of assuming I should choose higher ilvl, and not a lot of stuff dropping. I don't know to what extent I should ignore ilvl. 5, 10, 15 ilvls? But yeah, you're right about the chest, it's terrible. I had no idea about the food, by the way, that will certainly help. Thanks a lot for everything!

I personally do mythics for all the gear I need because they have a chance to be titanforged. Mythic + is nice because the gear that drop scales ilvl based on the lvl of mythic and has a higher chance of Titan forged and warforged. Heck you could even get lucky like me an get 895 ilvl item drop from titanforged from a random heroic lol (don't recommend I was just super lucky) So run as many mythics and mythics + you need from gear out of those dungeons.

Also I forgot. I know it is a legendary but the instant you get a ring that has high Mastery on it or even higher crit for that matter replace that ring it is terrible for all boss encounters. Only really useful for solo content or clearing trash in dungeons.

As for the ilvl in gear and when should you replace it. If it has your main stat and is an (Mastery) and has a second stat that isn't your second best stat say like vers or crit but is an upgrade say +10 item lvls change out the peice. If you are given your second best stat and something else I wouldn't personally change unless it was just an absolutely ludicrous upgrade like 20 item lvls unless my chest was just bad and had more haste than Mastery. It's really hard to decide without math and simulations but that's a general rule. Note that this general rule does not apply to rings, trinkets, necklaces, or relics. You already know about trinkets as for rings and necklaces. Unless it has your best stats and is nicely distributed. Mastery > haste don't replace it no matter the item lvl upgrade. Crit and vers will never beat them. As for relics I generally follow the rule that if it is a 10 item lvl upgrade relic (860-850 = 10) it is worth replacing even if you get a less favorable DPS TRAIT out of it. Not worth it if you are going to a non dps trait unless it is 15+ item lvls

Gl

Edited by Kargar

I see, thanks! And yeah, I know about the legendary. I use SimCraft, but I must admit that at times I ignore it, when the ilvl is just too much. I guess I won't from now on. I sim after each upgrade I get, and upload that to pawn.

Thanks for the rule of thumb regarding replacements!