FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
harambesmeat

Unholy DK Logs Review

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could have someone experienced take a look at my logs and let me know of any mistakes I am making or improvements that could be made. I parsed okay in our heroic run but I am just looking to improve as much as possible to help my guild going forward into mythic progression. Thanks for the feedback.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Harambesmeat/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vzTPM7GR3Y4BfpX9

In general you are doing very well. You are using appropriate talents and switching correctly on the necessary fights. Your stats look great. All in all you are pretty solid. I'll need to spend time going through this with a fine toothed comb but otherwise, you pretty good brah. Nothing immediately jumps out at me. This is certainly more of a fine tuning case than anything being critically wrong. 

Thank you for the quick feedback. I thought I may be doing well based on parses but wasn't sure if there was anything more I could be doing to squeeze out some more deeps. Appreciate the compliment

Edited by harambesmeat

Alright so I'm gonna give you the comprehensive overview. 

Heroic nethendra: not 100% uptime on dots, while it was up a good majority not 100%. There was a couple really long/delayed DT's you had one where your DT was delayed by like 20 odd seconds, while yes there is an rng factor too it because of the shadow infusion you generally should only have 20~ second between each DT on one specifically you had 40 seconds. While you did keep your runic for the most part not capped there was around 20 seconds of cap, and judging by your potion damage i can't see a really valid reason for it. The reason i mention the potion damage is because it's semi low you should almost always be able to make it at least 4million unless you get rot during your potion which is just unfortunate. To maximize your potion damage we ignore runic capping and focus as much as possible on FS/SS especially while Soul reaper is up, and weaving in deathcoils while we have no runes (this is possible to change with the buff to deathcoil, my quickly done unchecked math suggests that it'll still be our top priority to focus on SS/FS as much as possible, until around 55-60% mastery. 

Ursoc: Your DT optimization was better on this fight but there was still some delayed ones, I'm estimating you could have casted one about 10-15 seconds earlier. Potion damage again not 100% optimal. Again your dot is around 20~ seconds of the fight off the target.

Xavius, Exact same story.

TLDR: Potion's could be optimized better, dots not 100% uptime, slight overcapping of runic, DT could probably be casted more often.

There also is some mention to you having the Sephuz's ring, it's procable on many fights in EN I'll list where you can proc it in mythic it also applys to most heroic encounters. Nethendra: you can proc it on the MC'd players using your pet stun: Il'gynoth you can apply it on ichors again pet stun. on Dragons you can apply it to the dread horrors, and spirit dudes, with stun or just chains of ice i believe procs it. Renferal it's procable on small spiders. Ursoc not procable. Cenarius, i'm not 100% sure here but i imagine you can proc it on Wisps, if you guys have wisps not-cured mainly applicable to mythic. Xavius you can use it on the little  creepy crawler dudes who slowly walk to the boss, or use it on players who get MC'd both stuns and slows.

Edited by Drtain

1 minute ago, Drtain said:

Alright so I'm gonna give you the comprehensive overview. 

Heroic nethendra: not 100% uptime on dots, while it was up a good majority not 100%. There was a couple really long/delayed DT's you had one where your DT was delayed by like 20 odd seconds, while yes there is an rng factor too it because of the shadow infusion you generally should only have 20~ second between each DT on one specifically you had 40 seconds. While you did keep your runic for the most part not capped there was around 20 seconds of cap, and judging by your potion damage i can't see a really valid reason for it. The reason i mention the potion damage is because it's semi low you should almost always be able to make it at least 4million unless you get rot during your potion which is just unfortunate. To maximize your potion damage we ignore runic capping and focus as much as possible on FS/SS especially while Soul reaper is up, and weaving in deathcoils while we have no runes (this is possible to change with the buff to deathcoil, my quickly done unchecked math suggests that it'll still be our top priority to focus on SS/FS as much as possible, until around 55-60% mastery. 

Ursoc: Your DT optimization was better on this fight but there was still some delayed ones, I'm estimating you could have casted one about 10-15 seconds earlier. Potion damage again not 100% optimal. Again your dot is around 20~ seconds of the fight off the target.

Xavius, Exact same story.

TLDR: Potion's could be optimized better, dots not 100% uptime, slight overcapping of runic, DT could probably be casted more often.

honestly for logs i think im just going to start tagging you :)