FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ilunius

Need Suggestion from "Pro-Tank" :>

Hello everyone!

Im the leader of a Guild on Aegwynn-EU and were actually progressing (as far as u can call it) Xavius on HC

The Problem is that our Tanks are always eating shittons of dmg in my Opinion. We played 2 Healers with one at 350k and one with 300k HPS.

My Problem is, that i dont have any experience with Tanks to actually analyze if they're not doing they'Re rotation correctly.

I have 2 Logs; one from today and one from yesterday, the only thing i see is that the Warriors absorb around 30% of the dmg and the Pally is around 10% Absorption, dunno if thats good or bad.

I hope and thank for any advice of u! 

Edit means: Lol ofc here are the logs 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRM6Bp19zt8g7yrw

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MkwW1Bf84YhnJLmx

Edited by Ilunius

OK so, a few things. Firstly, don't worry about difference in absorption. The tanks do their job in completely different ways. Warriors focus on the ability to mitigate damage via the shields given through Ignore Pain, which means Absorbs will be high. Paladins, on the other hand, reduce damage taken by a %-amount, while self-healing to maintain their HP. 

Your warriors need to make sure they are casting full IPs, rather than casting multiple IPs that aren't at the full 60-rage. They also need to keep an eye on rage-capping. There are times when the Warriors are sitting at max rage for 5-10 seconds. 

For the second log, there is only so much I can see, since there is no advanced logging. I can't check our resource graphs etc., but your Paladin should keep an eye on usage of his artifact ability. I understand that he wants to keep it for when he is tanking, but it's not good to hold it for 30-45s+. He could probably fit in 2 full cooldowns in the time he is waiting to use it over a 6 minute fight, as long as he plans it better. Paladin's usage of LotP could be better as well.

Generally, they look fine. There are most likely other issues afoot that are stopping the kill from happening. Tactics and execution are often an issue, as opposed to simple lack of player ability. Did you guys make any progress since the post?

Yes, this Wednesday.. someho we rushed through the whole Instance without any Problems and killed Xavius in 5 Trys :)

We changed the position to drop the shackles, but that wasnt really our Problem last time, the tanks just died by from time to time :?

But still thx for the Advice i'll tell them that:)

I saw The problem with the advanced logging after recording the whole instance ^^' was logging to WOL before therefore advanced needed to be off.

Guess its time to start recruitment again to go for Myth! :D 

Really big Thx

Edit:

What do u mean with ragecapping? Is it bad to stay at fullRage or do u get some dmgreduction the more rage u got somehow?

Edited by Ilunius

41 minutes ago, Ilunius said:

What do u mean with ragecapping? Is it bad to stay at fullRage or do u get some dmgreduction the more rage u got somehow?

So, let's say a Warrior has hit max rage. If he doesn't use Rage immediately, every ability that he uses to generate rage is now wasted, since he isn't gaining any rage from it. Warriors generate Rage passively from whenever they take any damage, so in theory, even if they cast nothing, they still gain wasted rage. This basically results in either lost DPS or lost absorption, since they could have used IP/FR to use up some rage and keep generating.