FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Blood DK buff!

Its about time!

Now fix the mastery issue and maybe look at giving us a run speed boost or improving the one we have and we will be alot happier.

1 hour ago, Shells said:

Its about time!

Now fix the mastery issue and maybe look at giving us a run speed boost or improving the one we have and we will be alot happier.

Well, at least fix the mastery problem. the run speed thing seems abit greedy, tbh. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Well, at least fix the mastery problem. the run speed thing seems abit greedy, tbh. 

Could be, but its always good to have  a wish list........ besides our current run speed boost just needs a few tweaks to be alot better without being OP. 

Id also like to see a blood healing spec added to the game to allow us to heal but that might be for another expansion. The way is open with the melee pally and the disco priest. Fingers semi crossed :)

Edited by Shells

5 hours ago, Aegis said:

Rejoice, fellow blood brothers! We're getting ICEBOUND FORTITUDE back! No more cenarius struggles! 

c04.png

The icebound fortitude part is just really F@#%ng amazing. I'm am so happy about that and a working on mastery as well. This is actually good adjustments on their part. DPS is still messed up with scaling issues and what not but good lord for blood this is amazing. REJOICE BLOOD BROTHERS, OUR TIME IS NIGH!!!!!! plus i do believe warriors got a rage nerf and ignore pain is getting mucked with.

• Like 3

Did they commit to doing something on mastery or was it more along the lines of "we are dimly aware there might be an issue and we will look into it .........sometime before patch 8.0"

• Like 1

honestly im posting again because i'm so happy about getting icebound fortitude back. It's beautiful its right in time for karazhan :D 

• Like 3

Between that and the really cheap potions, alot of the content will get alot easier. 

I know you cant used more than 2 in a fight but as its trash that causes more issues in mythic plus having  a cheap pot you can use often along with IBF is awesome. 

• Like 1

I believe all blood dks are happy right now - and we have considerably less reason to suck - now all we need is some raw mitigation from mastery on death strike and we'll be golden. Slow golden turtles, but still golden. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, demonardvark said:

plus i do believe warriors got a rage nerf and ignore pain is getting mucked with.

Rage was nerfed, then restored. Ignore pain was nerfed by 30% of Max shield size. So dks are comfortably top of the pack when it comes to self heala/absorbs (given that warriors were pulling ahead considerably in 7.0)

• Like 1

Tanking is a LOT easier for me now with IBF back! So happy! At 28% haste now too and doing great. How much haste should I aim for ideally?

1 hour ago, Lifvana said:

Tanking is a LOT easier for me now with IBF back! So happy! At 28% haste now too and doing great. How much haste should I aim for ideally?

No real cap as far as I can see, if you can get over 30% unbuffed that will ramp up to well over 40% with Bone shield up. I wouldnt stack it past 32% unbuffed as your other stats start to loose out a bit. 

Its one of those ones you will need to play around with yourself to get a comfy spot. I dropped mine from 30% back to 20 to try out a stacked versa build for lols and it felt like I was wading through mud sometimes waiting for runes to come back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shells said:

No real cap as far as I can see, if you can get over 30% unbuffed that will ramp up to well over 40% with Bone shield up. I wouldnt stack it past 32% unbuffed as your other stats start to loose out a bit. 

Its one of those ones you will need to play around with yourself to get a comfy spot. I dropped mine from 30% back to 20 to try out a stacked versa build for lols and it felt like I was wading through mud sometimes waiting for runes to come back. 

I am at around 29.5% unbuffed now with the boots I got from the weekly quest, but my crit has plummeted to 15-16% so I'm thinking I need to work on that next, especially since following the icy veins path, my next trait is mouth and SS seems very good so far.

The lust cap for haste is 40%.

yeah get that crit up.  I think 20ish % parry is a nice.  Plus the dps for mythics is nice. Im at 26% crit 27% haste 25% mastery 22% parry with skeletal shattering and the double death strike leach dragon.

not a sports car, but my suped up sedan is purrin like a kitten

oh and ibf+vamp is a damage wall. 

• Like 1

just to note, on this topic: i tanked EN on my paladin alt this week, and OMG the difference on cenarius. having actual cooldowns that mitigate damage made the fight so bloody trivial...

11 hours ago, Aegis said:

just to note, on this topic: i tanked EN on my paladin alt this week, and OMG the difference on cenarius. having actual cooldowns that mitigate damage made the fight so bloody trivial...

try again now that we have icebound fortitude back, really the only part that should trouble a DK is the spear, now we can take it to the face and giggle........ well...... at least one, the cooldowns kind of long..

Yeah, i'm talking about the spear... i swear the pool on my paladin was like 8 yards across.

13 hours ago, demonardvark said:

try again now that we have icebound fortitude back, really the only part that should trouble a DK is the spear, now we can take it to the face and giggle........ well...... at least one, the cooldowns kind of long..

9 hours ago, Aegis said:

Yeah, i'm talking about the spear... i swear the pool on my paladin was like 8 yards across.

Before Icebound returning I had mixed results with spear. As is a talent change makes it more manageable pre buffs at other costs. I may or may not have flooded the map once or twice while learning the fight XD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Before Icebound returning I had mixed results with spear. As is a talent change makes it more manageable pre buffs at other costs. I may or may not have flooded the map once or twice while learning the fight XD

I had the exact same experience. Sucks that our kit had so little that was applicable.

24 minutes ago, Aegis said:

I had the exact same experience. Sucks that our kit had so little that was applicable.

I found that by taking tombstone I could mitigate a fair amount of the damage however, it came at terrible costs. 1 all my boneshields at the moment were gone. 2. the entire fight I had to go basically without one of my cooldowns. Vampiric blood is such an important part of the blood tool kit. Even then our talent builds are fairly unforgiving, There is like one build that is effective with variability being our last talent row. So, I was able to stop spear okay but the rest of the fight was much harder. I've become far too reliant on vampiric blood XD

8 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

I found that by taking tombstone I could mitigate a fair amount of the damage however, it came at terrible costs. 1 all my boneshields at the moment were gone. 2. the entire fight I had to go basically without one of my cooldowns. Vampiric blood is such an important part of the blood tool kit. Even then our talent builds are fairly unforgiving, There is like one build that is effective with variability being our last talent row. So, I was able to stop spear okay but the rest of the fight was much harder. I've become far too reliant on vampiric blood XD

Just out of interest, wouldn't you get a sufficient amount of mitigation if you specced into Spectral Deflection and Rune Tap? The talents you'd replace aren't as important as Red Thirst imo.

6 hours ago, Zataron said:

Just out of interest, wouldn't you get a sufficient amount of mitigation if you specced into Spectral Deflection and Rune Tap? The talents you'd replace aren't as important as Red Thirst imo.

Consider what you're giving up. more DND damage (this is small, but not exactly negligible) and 15% more runic power in DnD (this is HUGE). also, if you're speccing into spectral deflection, you have to time it VERY carefully with tombstone. basically what you'll need to be doing is be at 10 stacks of bone shield - pop tombstone - marrowrend - rune tap. Now that's a LOT to do within the cast time of one spear (you don't wanna pop tombstone outside spear, or the boss melee will deplete the shield)

If you're only going spectral deflection and rune tap, you'll be at about... 25% + 24*0.75 = 43%. for a hit that's 4.5m, you're gonna be eating 2.5m to the face, which will make a puddle roughly a quarter of the size of the room. That leaves very little margin for error, unless your DPS is good enough to burst it down within 3 casts of spear.

additionally, spectral deflection on it's own is not a very good talent to have, purely from a mitigation standpoint - as DKs, we should be the designated add tank for cenarius, and if you have spectral deflection, those dragons will eat through your bone shield like it's cotton candy, as will the ancients - not forgetting that your stacks are also being eaten away by the pulsing dot from the stacking debuff.

don't get me wrong, Red Thirst is HUGELY powerful, but honestly, having a higher uptime on Vamp Blood for cenarius is not that necessary, because the damage you'll take as add tank comes in waves, and your vamp blood should be up for each new  wave. (please note that all this is predicated on you being the add tank. if you're the boss tank for cenarius - which i have been before - yes i suck, then you obviously have to go with the more traditional build, sacrificing tombstone for Red Thirst)

Edited by Aegis

17 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Consider what you're giving up. more DND damage (this is small, but not exactly negligible) and 15% more runic power in DnD (this is HUGE). also, if you're speccing into spectral deflection, you have to time it VERY carefully with tombstone. basically what you'll need to be doing is be at 10 stacks of bone shield - pop tombstone - marrowrend - rune tap. Now that's a LOT to do within the cast time of one spear (you don't wanna pop tombstone outside spear, or the boss melee will deplete the shield)

If you're only going spectral deflection and rune tap, you'll be at about... 25% + 24*0.75 = 43%. for a hit that's 4.5m, you're gonna be eating 2.5m to the face, which will make a puddle roughly a quarter of the size of the room. That leaves very little margin for error, unless your DPS is good enough to burst it down within 3 casts of spear.

additionally, spectral deflection on it's own is not a very good talent to have, purely from a mitigation standpoint - as DKs, we should be the designated add tank for cenarius, and if you have spectral deflection, those dragons will eat through your bone shield like it's cotton candy, as will the ancients - not forgetting that your stacks are also being eaten away by the pulsing dot from the stacking debuff.

don't get me wrong, Red Thirst is HUGELY powerful, but honestly, having a higher uptime on Vamp Blood for cenarius is not that necessary, because the damage you'll take as add tank comes in waves, and your vamp blood should be up for each new  wave. (please note that all this is predicated on you being the add tank. if you're the boss tank for cenarius - which i have been before - yes i suck, then you obviously have to go with the more traditional build, sacrificing tombstone for Red Thirst)

Well Zat pretty much all I can say here is ^ditto

Also I freely admit as blood even when world questing I run with pure survival build. I get a little bit.... anxious when I see my health bar going down. So, I lean very heavily on vamp blood but Aegis hit it on the head, I only switched out when I was the add tank. Even then the goal was for me to take the 2nd spear and we end the boss by the third. Now, its not as big a deal as it was with both higher geared dps damage and icebound fortitude being present. However, originally that spear was scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Well Zat pretty much all I can say here is ^ditto

Also I freely admit as blood even when world questing I run with pure survival build. I get a little bit.... anxious when I see my health bar going down. So, I lean very heavily on vamp blood but Aegis hit it on the head, I only switched out when I was the add tank. Even then the goal was for me to take the 2nd spear and we end the boss by the third. Now, its not as big a deal as it was with boss higher geared and dps dps and icebound fortitude being present. 

Ew. survival build for world questing =P There should be nothing in the world, up to and including world bosses, that can kill a blood dk, even one not in pure survival spec - i basically solo-ed withered j'im down from 100 to 45% before other people started trickling in (it was a slow night). I run with an addon called blood shield tracker, which tracks the size of potential shields, as well as the healing i will receive when i death strike - this has gone a long way to allaying a lot of my low hp anxieties (and also playing as a prot paladin who routinely likes to stay at or around 30% hp for more efficient LotPs). Vamp blood is insane when damage is high, due to the mulplicative effect it has on your death strike heals.

In Cenarius, because i'm running with a warrior, what i do is maintain my bone shield stacks, and ONLY TAUNT when the boss is casting the second spear - at all other times i'm leaving my warrior co-tank to eat the melee swings.

IBF is awesome and the reason i started this thread, but yeah, this is also something to consider.

• Like 1