FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kurisuu

Advice on Sin DPS

Hey, just swapped to Sin from Outlaw like most people are doing and had my first heroic run. Just curious on opinions on what I can do to improve my DPS though overall I did better than my Outlaw runs.

Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wrTAR4Y89HtJdGyW#type=damage-done&boss=-2

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Kurisuu/simple

(I Know I need more crit, after the run im still sitting at 37% but Mastery is up to 110%, still working on swapping over some of the Outlaw gear)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kurisuu

With your amount of mastery, I believe agonizing poison is a more viable option than exsanguinate. Especially since you aren't running hemorrhage. Your talents are kinda mixed up, but that's the only point. I'm not 100% sure on this, I just recently swapped to Sin as well, but I had over 20% vers from all my outlaw gear, so I went with Hemo + Exsang.

Bump with title change. Also curious if its worth swapping to Deadly poison on a fight like Ilgynoth (until you are about to go into heart)

Edited by Kurisuu

25 minutes ago, Kurisuu said:

Bump with title change. Also curious if its worth swapping to Deadly poison on a fight like Ilgynoth (until you are about to go into heart)

I would say Exsang or Alacrity is better for Ilgy.

Or playing Sub / Outlaw ;)

On 26/10/2016 at 3:12 AM, Kurisuu said:

Hey, just swapped to Sin from Outlaw like most people are doing and had my first heroic run. Just curious on opinions on what I can do to improve my DPS though overall I did better than my Outlaw runs.

Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wrTAR4Y89HtJdGyW#type=damage-done&boss=-2

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Kurisuu/simple

(I Know I need more crit, after the run im still sitting at 37% but Mastery is up to 110%, still working on swapping over some of the Outlaw gear)

Thanks in advance.

The biggest thing is to work on your Energy pooling. Playing at low energy doesn't let you take advantage of Elaborate Planning properly cause after you use a finisher you have no follow up.

Your bleed uptimes could be improved but they aren't awful

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carrn said:

I would say Exsang or Alacrity is better for Ilgy.

Or playing Sub / Outlaw ;)

Yeah Ilgy was one of my best fights as Outlaw :P I guess for now I'll just stick to the DP so I dont gotta spend 2 tomes everytime we fight Ilgy.

11 minutes ago, Carrn said:

The biggest thing is to work on your Energy pooling. Playing at low energy doesn't let you take advantage of Elaborate Planning properly cause after you use a finisher you have no follow up.

Your bleed uptimes could be improved but they aren't awful

So basically I shouldn't be casting envenoms till i'm near full energy? I had been trying my best to cast envenoms at last second of EP to get the damage buff for the actual envenom.

1 hour ago, Kurisuu said:

So basically I shouldn't be casting envenoms till i'm near full energy? I had been trying my best to cast envenoms at last second of EP to get the damage buff for the actual envenom.

The main idea behind is to have a full energy bar so you can dump it all in an EP window. Think of it as mini bursts.

But if you are dumping everything during 1 EP window, you are likely not going to have enough regen to dump again and again with each finisher and EP will constantly fall off. I know that you cant maintain 100% on EP, but I have been working with getting at least 4cp (even if that is achieved from only doing 1 mut) and then waiting until last second of EP to do another envenom.

Is this completely wrong? i find doing 4cp envemon allows more attempts at SoT procs. 

At this point I should probs point out that Im playing AP.

• Like 1

The new poison cast times are pretty sweet so I generally switch to DP on adds and AP on ST fights, ofc it won't come anywhere near outlaw on aoe but it's a compromise

8 hours ago, Spicyboy said:

But if you are dumping everything during 1 EP window, you are likely not going to have enough regen to dump again and again with each finisher and EP will constantly fall off. I know that you cant maintain 100% on EP, but I have been working with getting at least 4cp (even if that is achieved from only doing 1 mut) and then waiting until last second of EP to do another envenom.

Is this completely wrong? i find doing 4cp envemon allows more attempts at SoT procs. 

At this point I should probs point out that Im playing AP.

I still wouldn't use a finisher at less than 5 CP, but if you have the Energy to help maintain the buff I guess it isn't a huge issue, especially if you have high crit and will likely jump up to 6CP right away